Bad luck Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:05 pm
OOC: Gonna take a nap now. I have a bad chest cold, and the meds are making me woozy. I'll be back in a few hours. confused  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:06 pm
Which got her to move back quickly with a tilt of her head, "And see this is why I always say I won't live long, it's truth." So she was somewhat depressing in her bluntness, but again she wasn't one to lie, even to herself. The sad part was she still wanted to hum, which got her to give a tired sigh, she didn't bother to go for the long dagger she kept, there was no point really.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:11 pm
Methos didn't hold his sword to her throat very long. He'd made his point, and there was no sense rubbing it in. Stepping back, he lowered his sword. "That is why you need a teacher," he said. "You've got some good moves, especially for one so young, but some of these Immortals have had centuries to perfect their art."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:20 pm
She gave a unlady like snort at that before heading over to her sword, kicking it up and catching it with ease, "Already knew that, but see there's this problem, I annoy people, I'm good annoying people even, it's one of my very few talents. Most don't help annoying people, alas most try to kill those annoying souls, so finding help, or whatever, kinda close to impossible." She had a point, after this she was fully planning on trying to go back to being invisible by other immortals, it had halfway worked so far at lest.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:11 pm
Methos shook his head, amazed. "True enough," he said. "You annoy me. You'd probably annoy a saint." He handed her a beer from his cooler. "And if you truly want to be beheaded anytime soon, just go right along like you've been going."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:19 pm
"Really rather not, like my head right where it is, but there ain't a way around it really, as of to date including you I've meet two others that seemed halfway decent, and the other one stood me up for dinner, which sucks, I was looking forward to something past fast food." She gave a half a shrug like it didn't matter, and in ways it didn't to her, only in ways though, she didn't bother to say anything more before opening the beer since he had handed it to her and taking a swig, not her favorite thing in the world but not bad either.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:34 pm
Methos scootched his butt up onto the concrete slab again, taking another swallow of beer. "Two others, huh?" he said, a note of annoyance creeping into his voice. "What the hell is happening to the Game these days? Phoenix, we don't advertise for students. The understood rule is: You find it, you teach it." He gestured emphatically.

"And two of them walked away to leave you on my doorstep. Gimme their names, and they can pray I'm not looking to kick a** if we meet." His hazel eyes slid over to meet hers, twinkling with mischief beneath the annoyance. "That was rhetorical. I don't want to know -- they might whip my a**."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:44 pm
That honestly got her to laugh, it was so rare she laughed at anything, but then again she did have an odd sense of humor, when she let herself relax enough to find it at lest. She was oddly silent though, thinking more than likely, she needed to move, yet again, that was getting tiring, but it was how she did things, she ran into someone, she moved, quickly, no questions asked, no hesitation, it was the only reason her pathetic a** was still alive and running around. The longest she had ever stayed anywhere was oddly West Virgina in the middle of freaken no where, then she got bored stupid and had to go somewhere with people or she was going to go insane.

Snapping out of her thoughts she offered a weak smile, "Wouldn't want that happening now."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:20 pm
"We most certainly would not," Methos nodded sagely. Stop. Don't. You know better, his mind screamed at him.

"Look, Phoenix," he sighed. "I have this incredibly annoying friend, and it looks like he's rubbing off on me. If you'll do your best to learn and try not to annoy me too much, I'll teach you a thing or three. And maybe we'll all live not to regret it."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:49 am
That really got her to snap out of her thoughts, though to stare at him trying to figure out if he was nuts or just plain insane, or there was the small possibility he was neither and being truthful. "And you would do that....why?" Her words were slowly spoken, though a hint of coldness coming through simply because she was for some reason on edge now.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:36 pm
"Well said," he nodded approvingly. "A healthy dose of paranoia is a good thing." He ran a hand through his spikey dark hair. "Because a good number of us are out to get you, and not all of us play fair."

She reminded him a little of himself, back in the foggiest bits of his memory, an untold amount of time between his first death, taking his first head, and finding a teacher he could trust.

He looked up at the patch of sunny sky showing through the roof for a moment, then sighed. "Phoenix, you can go through life as you are, bitter, distrustful, hoping luck or fate will continue to serve you well as you scuttle from one shelter to another like a cockroach, or you can take a chance, trust your gut."

He gave her one of his shy, lopsided grins. "If you're getting a 'bad vibe' off of me, trust yourself and go. I've got better things to do with my time, and I'm breaking one of my own rules in offering to teach you. But my advice to you is to seek out someone you can trust. In fact, I've got a guy in mind right now. Your call."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:32 pm
"Hey cockroaches are cute little critters." She said the first thing that came to mind, she had a bad habit of that really but in an odd way gave her answer given she went to sit down, still nursing the original beer he had handed her. "Had one as a pet as a child, it was a big one too, then the cat ate it, I cried for a week and buried it."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:32 pm
Methos blinked. "You buried the cat? Harsh." He closed the lid of his cooler and stood, dusting the concrete dust from the seat of his faded jeans.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:39 pm
She blinked on that confused for a few seconds, running the words though her head a moment before it clicked and she ended up flashing a short lived smile. Though tilted her head to watch him, not standing yet, not finding a reason to, "Why do I have a feeling I'm not allowed to be late anymore?"  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:20 pm
"Goes without saying," Methos nodded. I guess that was a yes. Joy. "Where are you staying? Do you need anything?"  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff