Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply ®
Ongoing Contest for Guild Home Page displays Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  if it's good!
View Results

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:23 pm
Oh cool. Some of the things I posted are on the front page now. Nice to see other people thought they were rather impressive too. biggrin
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:57 pm
C. Kozar
I think we need something not of a architectural or scientific marvel, but something more symbolic. Something that be meaningful to all people. What we need is something that will communicate an idea, a concept, that speaks well of humanity.

What about Mother Theresa?

She is seen as a symbol of human rights - and what she has done is so meaningful she was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.  

Riven_chan

Weazel

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:55 pm
Yeah, this blew my mind when I first saw it, and just so you know, this thing has two wheels in the front and one in the back... They consider it a Performance Motorcycle.

The driving position, the angle of the steering wheel and the suspension make this three-wheeler respond like a car. Its huge and sophisticated rear suspension allows the vehicle to hug the road,

Tremendous structural solidity, a wide front track and a balanced geometry give T-Rex drivers extraordinary control.

The feeling of a racecar adapted for the road

The combination of motorcycle and formula technology and precision steering provide the T-Rex with optimal handling. Its engine exploits the Japanese superbikes technology and gives this unique vehicle an astounding acceleration.

User Image

Here's the stats...

1997 Campagna T-Rex
Year 1997
Make Campagna
Model T-Rex
Engine Location Mid
Drive Type Rear Wheel
Body Material Multi-tubular steel chassis frame
Weight 900 lbs | 408.2 kg

Performance
0-60 mph 4.1 seconds.
Top Speed 140 mph | 225.3 km/h

Engine
Engine Configuration I
Cylinders 4
Aspiration/Induction Normal
Displacement 1164.00 cc | 71 cu in. | 1.2 L.
Valvetrain DOHC
Horsepower 155.00 BHP (114.1 KW) @ 9500.00 RPM
Torque 79.00 Ft-Lbs (107.1 NM) @ 7500.00 RPM
HP to Weight Ratio 5.8 LB / HP
HP / Liter 129.2 BHP / Liter

Transmission Information
Gears 6
Transmission Sequential  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:29 pm
I like this picture and all the symbolism within it.

The main subject is a human figure, gender masked by loose clothes and a smiling, golden mask. Just the mask alone lets you know they are a figure of benevolence, the good in humanity. All around the figure flitter birds, the symbols of freedom, with a white bird (a symbol of peace) prominently placed in the foreground before the figure as the figure reaches out peacefully to the birds. This could mean many things, such as that human nature yearns for peace and freedom. In the background, though unfinished, a grand building rises. The unfinished building can mean that though Humanity has accomplished great things, there is still much more it can do.

Put it all together, and you get a beautiful metaphor for what Humanity could become.

User Image  

lamoxlamae

Beloved Phantom

Dawn Faust

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:54 pm

You needn't leave the country to see many of the world's man-made wonders—just visit this desert oasis in Nevada instead, where, in a roughly four-mile stretch of Las Vegas Boulevard South, aka The Strip, you can see an Egyptian pyramid, Arthurian castle, Arabian Kasbah, the Statue of Liberty, St. Mark's Square, the Eiffel Tower, and more, as part of its celebrated skyline. Aside from the sheer superficial splendor of it all, Vegas' core existence is a downright miracle, given its harsh desert climate and terrain. Thanks to the engineering genius that went into the 1936 damming of the Colorado River, some 30 miles southeast of the city—resulting in the famous Hoover Dam (itself a man-made marvel of sorts)—an energy jackpot was born to keep this pulsating desert anomaly alit in neon lights.

here's a larger image: CLICK TO VIEW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:23 pm

Mona Lisa, or La Gioconda. (La Joconde), is a 16th century oil painting on poplar wood by Leonardo da Vinci, and is one of the most famous paintings in the world. Few other works of art have been subject to as much scrutiny, study, mythologizing and parody. It is owned by the French government and hangs in the Musée du Louvre in Paris. The painting, a half-length portrait, depicts a woman whose gaze meets the viewer's with an expression often described as enigmatic.

Dawn Faust

Lepota

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:29 pm
User Image

I think this is a fantastic building. Sorry if it is to large.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:33 pm

The Banaue Rice Terraces (Filipino: Hagdan-hagdang Palayan ng Banaue) are 2000-year old terraces that were carved into the mountains of Ifugao in the Philippines by ancestors of the Batad indigenous people. It is one of the forgotten wonders of the world. It is commonly thought that the terraces were built with minimal equipment, largely by hand. The terraces are located approximately 1500 meters (5000 feet) above sea level and cover 10,360 square kilometers (about 4000 square miles) of mountainside. They are fed by an ancient irrigation system from the rainforests above the terraces.

Dawn Faust

Dawn Faust

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:55 pm

Dr. Martin Cooper, a former general manager for the systems division at Motorola, is considered the inventor of the first portable handset and the first person to make a call on a portable cell phone in April 1973. The first call he made was to his rival, Joel Engel, Bell Labs head of research.

Name: Motorola Dyna-Tac
Size: 9 x 5 x 1.75 inches
Weight: 2.5 pounds
Display: None
Number of Circuit Boards: 30
Talk time: 35 minutes
Recharge Time: 10 hours
Features: Talk, listen, dial

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:41 pm
yea im the 69th comment!  

scream_love

Crimson Aftermath

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:09 pm

The Winchester House, which is located in present-day San
Jose, California, is a 160-room, Victorian mansion valued at over five million
dollars. It was designed by Sarah Winchester, wife of William Wirt Winchester,
the son of the manufacturer of the Winchester Repeating Rifle. Sarah and William
had one child, Annie, who died after only one month of life. Fifteen years
later, on March 7, 1881, William died of pulmonary tuberculosis.

This house is made of complete awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:46 pm
I think the pyramids are awsome.
User Image
User Image
User Image  

Dave W.

-EuanM-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:39 am
Lepota
User Image

I think this is a fantastic building. Sorry if it is to large.

It looks like Rosslyn chapel, just outside of Edinburgh.

That above is the Falkirk wheel. It is located just outside of Falkirk, which is located between Stirling and Edinburgh. If you ever take the tour, they will tell you how much power it uses. When I first saw it, I thought it would a lot more than it actually is. Apparently, it only uses the power of 6 toasters!

Also:

The Viaduct near Millau, France. In the pictures above, it shows you how tall it actually is. At the deepest point, you could fit the Empire State Building underneath it! I believe that it shows what man can do. I believe that this proves that man can push himself to limits and beyond.

Also:

felisha_23

You needn't leave the country to see many of the world's man-made wonders—just visit this desert oasis in Nevada instead, where, in a roughly four-mile stretch of Las Vegas Boulevard South, aka The Strip, you can see an Egyptian pyramid, Arthurian castle, Arabian Kasbah, the Statue of Liberty, St. Mark's Square, the Eiffel Tower, and more, as part of its celebrated skyline. Aside from the sheer superficial splendor of it all, Vegas' core existence is a downright miracle, given its harsh desert climate and terrain. Thanks to the engineering genius that went into the 1936 damming of the Colorado River, some 30 miles southeast of the city—resulting in the famous Hoover Dam (itself a man-made marvel of sorts)—an energy jackpot was born to keep this pulsating desert anomaly alit in neon lights.

here's a larger image: CLICK TO VIEW

Not everyone lives in the US... eek xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:43 pm

The Asahi brewery near the Sumida river in TOKYO
It is a glass of beer topped with white foam.

If this isn't one of man's greatest accomplishments, well than i just don't know what is!!  

tylerdurdenvoge

AKA_Wobin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:51 am
Here me out:

It's not some big fancy building, a literary masterpiece, or a breathtaking painting

BUT

Without the camera, how would we get all those wonderful pictures we keep putting on the main page of the guild?

®

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff