Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Television! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:17 pm
ice_illusion
Invictus_88
A Lost Iguana
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
Bloody great. Ha, found it very amusing. Not so quirky as I'd hoped, but a good deal of fun. It was, overall, good television.

I must say though, I've never heard so many euphemisms for homoseual before. "Gentlemen of the lavender persuasion" has to top the long and bizarre list.

Also, pigs. I truly love Clarissa Dickson-Wright and her pigs were fantastic.

I want pigs.

I want a penguin.

I want a unicorn.

Am I to read this as an ascendent list of madness?

biggrin
Pigs > Unicorns anyway..

maybe I best not say what I want then...

Oh go on, we're all friends here! wink  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:16 pm
Invictus_88
ice_illusion
Invictus_88
A Lost Iguana
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
Bloody great. Ha, found it very amusing. Not so quirky as I'd hoped, but a good deal of fun. It was, overall, good television.

I must say though, I've never heard so many euphemisms for homoseual before. "Gentlemen of the lavender persuasion" has to top the long and bizarre list.

I want pigs.

I want a penguin.

I want a unicorn.

biggrin
Pigs > Unicorns anyway..

xd
Well, a squadron of specially trained voles could be amusing. Ones that could fly. And they would all have fur that changed from being sparkly to camoflage at will. By specially trained I mean they would be able to take part in undercover missions to steal enemy yoghurt and then, when questioned about where the were on the night of the attack, would be able to show their funky grooves and say they were at an all night disco and have a hangover so go away thank you very much.
Not asking for much...  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:40 pm
ice_illusion
Invictus_88
ice_illusion
Invictus_88
A Lost Iguana

I want a unicorn.

biggrin
Pigs > Unicorns anyway..

xd
Well, a squadron of specially trained voles could be amusing. Ones that could fly. And they would all have fur that changed from being sparkly to camoflage at will. By specially trained I mean they would be able to take part in undercover missions to steal enemy yoghurt and then, when questioned about where the were on the night of the attack, would be able to show their funky grooves and say they were at an all night disco and have a hangover so go away thank you very much.
Not asking for much...

eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:37 pm
Invictus_88
ice_illusion
Invictus_88
ice_illusion
Invictus_88
A Lost Iguana

I want a unicorn.

biggrin
Pigs > Unicorns anyway..

xd
Not asking for much...

eek

xd
I'm sure you'd want them too. You couldn't turn down a squadron of specially trained, disco dancing, flying voles.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:20 pm
Last night I saw "Shameless" for the first time.

Really not sure how to react to it yet, it's sortof nasty. Well, really nasty. But sortof nice. Redeeming.

Gah, what do other people think?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:04 pm
Spatterdash
Lt.Voltz
Did anyone actually bother to watch that new series called 'Life On Mars' on the BBC? I did and to be honest I quite enjoyed it!

I did - it was wonderful. I wouldn't consider myself much of a drama fan, but I was hooked from the start. That said, I'm a sucker for anything involving time travel.

You see the second episode. I thought it was quite funny  

Veterus

Unforgiving Elder

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:25 pm
Invictus_88
Last night I saw "Shameless" for the first time.

Really not sure how to react to it yet, it's sortof nasty. Well, really nasty. But sortof nice. Redeeming.

Gah, what do other people think?

All I can remember about it was that pointy straggely looking guy with the longish grey hair reminds me of someone.

Anyway I don't think I'll be bothering with tv for a while. I watched tv (Oceans 11), actually sat down and watched it for the first time in ages. It didn't finish til quite late and mum took a mood, decided to ban us from the internet and ended up, in the middle of the night (she was feeding a premature lamb or something) and hiding the router.
Which is why tv is bad.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:01 pm
I thought this thread was dead for some weird reason, which channel do you think provides the best TV viewing? I think ITV. ninja Guess whos trying to give a certain yoghurt maniac a heart attack. ninja

I've never watched Shameless, I always thought it looked like well...shite to be honest. I love house - I know it's not a British programme but it has a British actor so meh lol.

dreaming_mouse

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:12 pm
Nebelstern
Invictus_88

I want pigs.

I want a penguin.

Have you read a book called Death and the Penguin? By a Russian author, Andrey Serkov. It concerns a writer called Viktor, I think, who has a penguin called Misha. He takes a job writing obituaries for people who haven't died yet for a newspaper, and becomes involved in the east European mafia.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:46 pm
whapcapn
Nebelstern
Invictus_88

I want pigs.

I want a penguin.

Have you read a book called Death and the Penguin? By a Russian author, Andrey Serkov. It concerns a writer called Viktor, I think, who has a penguin called Misha. He takes a job writing obituaries for people who haven't died yet for a newspaper, and becomes involved in the east European mafia.

Sounds quite good, I haven't read it.
I do have the Penguin of Death sitting on my desk at the moment.
Its not an alive penguin, or a dead penguin, I'm not so mad as to be seeing things. It's there I tell you!  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:23 pm
dreaming_mouse
I thought this thread was dead for some weird reason, which channel do you think provides the best TV viewing? I think ITV. ninja Guess whos trying to give a certain yoghurt maniac a heart attack. ninja

I've never watched Shameless, I always thought it looked like well...shite to be honest. I love house - I know it's not a British programme but it has a British actor so meh lol.

BBC.

ITV is a cheap imitation.

stare

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:27 am
A cheap imitation? ITV is free and produces good quality programs unlike the middle-aged stuff on BBC which we have to fork out loads of money for. Even if you don't watch the BBC you have to pay for it! There are only three programs on the BBC I would watch, and I can get them on DVD so why would I pay to watch 3 programmes once/whenever they're repeated when I could pay a one time cost and get them on DVD. gonk

dreaming_mouse

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:42 am
Last night, after watching a very illuminating and interesting programme about the life of Ian McKellen, I saw a full five minutes of a man sleeping followed by a stubby Welshman rolling a cigarette.

I hereby refuse to watch even the shortest moment of Big Brother, as I have undergone enough of it already.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:50 am
dreaming_mouse
A cheap imitation? ITV is free and produces good quality programs unlike the middle-aged stuff on BBC which we have to fork out loads of money for. Even if you don't watch the BBC you have to pay for it! There are only three programs on the BBC I would watch, and I can get them on DVD so why would I pay to watch 3 programmes once/whenever they're repeated when I could pay a one time cost and get them on DVD. gonk

ITV = Emmerdale, Coronation Street, The Bill and kids TV. Oh, and Footballers' Wives. Heh, yeah. Um, well.

BBC = The Good Life, University Challenge, Balderdash & Piffle, Hyperdrive and (crucially) QI.

BBC > ITV by ratio ~100:3

Invictus_88
Captain

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out