Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dragon magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gideon Starorzewski

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:24 pm
Fiddlers Green

As far as Fluffies drawing from Final Fantasy... well, at least it's something fresher and less doen to death than White Wolf. neutral

Or Lovecraft. [/rimshot]  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:57 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Not all 'Kin believe they have the soul of a non-human entity.
Since when?

That was one of the most basic aspects of the definition.

Hence the whole "Kin" part of Otherkin.  

TeaDidikai

Aesi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:09 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Eshmasesh
TeaDidikai
Kuroiban
For some reason however, I enjoy the idea of some fluffy dimwit trying to jump REALLY REALLY high to prove he/she is an FF Dragoon.
~grumblegrumbleotherkin~
I remember reading a (true) story about a guy who moved in with two lesbian FF7 Otakukin; one believed she was the reincarnation of Jenovah, the other Hojo. They bathed in green colored gatorade to symbolize mako energy. eek Sorry for off-topicness, it's just wierd knowing that people like that actually exist.
But don't you know, by Infinite Worlds Theory, there really was a universe where FF7 happened! And they're reincarnations from that universe! Just like the subset of Dragonkin who are all Tiamat/Bahamut/Jormungand...

Eeeyowch. I actually believed that one years ago. But it was Pokemon then, not FF.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:07 pm
TeaDidikai
Henry Dorsett Case
Since when?

*sigh* I concede. I don't feel like arguing the finer fringe-versus-core concepts of a group I don't even belong to. I disagree with your definition, based on the Kin that I've known, but I'm tired of defending them against the "NO OTHERKIN ONLY MEANS THIS" arguments. I've seen the definition of "Kin" restricted down to "nothing on the earth" (only elves, fairies, vampires), "only reincarnations", "only reincarnations/walk-ins", or expanded out to the pompous all-inclusive "you're Kin because I say you are". By members of the Kin community, not by outsiders.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:46 pm
Gideon Starorzewski
Fiddlers Green

As far as Fluffies drawing from Final Fantasy... well, at least it's something fresher and less doen to death than White Wolf. neutral

Or Lovecraft. [/rimshot]

I'm quasi-surprised no one has attempted to reference Suikoden in their FLuffiness...or at least...not do so around me in a very loud and annoying way.

Considering the premise is approximately one-hundred souls constantly being reborn and saving the world, this seems like a fluffy cabbage-patch.

Oh, and there are also Runes. SOme of them cast magic, and some give special abbilities. Some also control the world. One controls dragons...sooooo yeah this all sounds like MASSIVE MASSIVE fluff bait to me...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:55 pm
Kuroiban
I'm quasi-surprised no one has attempted to reference Suikoden in their FLuffiness...or at least...not do so around me in a very loud and annoying way.
Probably because Suikoden is still underground enough that its fans assassinate the people who try to claim "I'm the new Tensei/Fire Champion/Dragon Lord" before they can infect the world. (Quietly cleans his rapier of the last Reincarnation of Luc he met)

I still do need to read Water Margin one of these days...

Quote:
Oh, and there are also Runes. SOme of them cast magic, and some give special abbilities. Some also control the world. One controls dragons...sooooo yeah this all sounds like MASSIVE MASSIVE fluff bait to me...
Since a lot of fluffballs seem to be averse to pain, I suppose part of the problem they'd have with claiming ownership of a Rune is that there's no way to hide the Rune, and getting things tattooed on the back of your hand hurts like whoah (according to the guy who did my ink).  

Henry Dorsett Case

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:57 pm
Lovecraft had his roots elsewhere, and actually borrowed from other, historical, sources, he is just an eclectic, on equal footing with the Golden Dawn. Also, his fitful sleep, vivd nightmares, and waking dreams are very similar to some forms of prophecy that have been used around the world.

As far as Suikoden is concerned... Suikoden is based on actuall myth... or rather, the 108 Stars of Destiny are.
It is taken from the story of the Bandits of the Marsh compiled by Luo Guanzhong who also penned Romance of the Three Kingdoms...
It is a tale of 108 demonic overlords who have been banished by the sage, Shang Ti. Reforming after their banishment, they are released from their place of banishment by accident, and are reborn in the world as 108 heroes who band together for the cause of justice.
Tis only as fluffy as Heracles, King Arthur, or Roland and the 12 peers of Charlemagne in that respect.

The Rune bit is quite a stretch for most people... but the idea of physical representations of conceptual energies is not a new one... ninja

Edit: Henry, I'm saving a spot on my bookshelf for it... it's reserved right next to Romance of the Three Kingdoms.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:09 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Kuroiban
Probably because Suikoden is still underground enough that its fans assassinate the people who try to claim "I'm the new Tensei/Fire Champion/Dragon Lord" before they can infect the world. (Quietly cleans his rapier of the last Reincarnation of Luc he met)

I...haven't heard of that. Care to enlighten me?

Henry Dorsett Case

Since a lot of fluffballs seem to be averse to pain, I suppose part of the problem they'd have with claiming ownership of a Rune is that there's no way to hide the Rune, and getting things tattooed on the back of your hand hurts like whoah (according to the guy who did my ink).

True...but, in true fluffy form, they'd tell you that only by manifesting the power of a rune does it become visable. They'd say it works diferently here because magic is more "rare"...or because of ******** for all I know. WHen in doubt, a fluffy just makes stuff up.

At least that has been my expierence with fluffs.

So you killed Luc eh? Good show. Never liked him.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:21 pm
Kuroiban
Case

I...haven't heard of that. Care to enlighten me?
Fiddler posed it well in his post - Water Margin is another name for the book Bandits of the Marsh.

Quote:
True...but, in true fluffy form, they'd tell you that only by manifesting the power of a rune does it become visable. They'd say it works diferently here because magic is more "rare"...or because of ******** for all I know. WHen in doubt, a fluffy just makes stuff up.
If I keep banging my forehead into my desk, will the thought of a fluffy claiming that they can't show you their powers because of the Astro-Elvis convergence go away?

Quote:
So you killed Luc eh? Good show. Never liked him.
I can only wish, sometimes..."If you meet Luc in the road, kill him and then toast his soul like a marshmellow to make sure the arrogant b*****d doesn't come back!"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:21 pm
I've only done one thing with dragon magick, It changed my life forever... I did a ritual to call forth a Dragon. It was fun, the one I came into contact with wasn't mean, pissy, nor did he want to not speak....

Try meditating for an hour on a mountain >_< That freaking sucks... peacefull but it's cold >.>  

Lord Sutekh

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:05 pm
Seth_God
I've only done one thing with dragon magick, It changed my life forever... I did a ritual to call forth a Dragon. It was fun, the one I came into contact with wasn't mean, pissy, nor did he want to not speak....

Try meditating for an hour on a mountain >_< That freaking sucks... peacefull but it's cold >.>
Query- Did you test him to be sure you weren't talking to yourself?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 am
Kids these days...
Meditating on a mountain for an hour sucks?
xd

Try spending the passage of the moon from new to full in the dessert, with little food and barely sufficient water.

I suggest trying the Mountain meditation for a span of a couple days first. It will acclimate you to the desert cold at night, and get your body used to deprivation.  

Fiddlers Green

Eshmasesh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:05 am
Henry Dorsett Case
TeaDidikai
Henry Dorsett Case
Since when?

*sigh* I concede. I don't feel like arguing the finer fringe-versus-core concepts of a group I don't even belong to. I disagree with your definition, based on the Kin that I've known, but I'm tired of defending them against the "NO OTHERKIN ONLY MEANS THIS" arguments. I've seen the definition of "Kin" restricted down to "nothing on the earth" (only elves, fairies, vampires), "only reincarnations", "only reincarnations/walk-ins", or expanded out to the pompous all-inclusive "you're Kin because I say you are". By members of the Kin community, not by outsiders.
I'm pretty sure you are refering to a slight variation of otherkin called Therianthropy. No?
You learn these things when you're a furry domokun
TeaDidikai
Seth_God

Query- Did you test him to be sure you weren't talking to yourself?
How do you test entities like that? I've been wondering for a while.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:38 am
Eshmasesh
Depends on the "entities" in question.

I tend to tell my gods to ******** off. But then... that doesn't work for everyone.  

TeaDidikai

Eshmasesh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:33 am
TeaDidikai
Eshmasesh
Depends on the "entities" in question.

I tend to tell my gods to ******** off. But then... that doesn't work for everyone.
Isn't it a bad thing to tell your gods to ******** off? ninja Maybe I'm just missing some important information.

And by entities I refer to pretty much everything in the supernatural realm. Is there any certain way of knowing, even on a personal level, that you're not just letting your imagination run wild?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff