Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Off Topic Discussion
Off- Topic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:46 pm
*stares daggers at teh east staes* Bloody shitheads... they think they've got it bad! They have more rainfall than us and stuff. They even have a nice foresty region at the top, Cape Town bit.

Apparently there has been a lot of floods over in Melbourne and stuff so it's like *Omfg gaspish horror orgasmic eleventy11one* WATER!

(V)

(-.-)

(")uu(")

Well I thought it was cute

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:14 pm
I personally hated the rain foresty bit at the top. Too much humidity. I love the rain, don't get me wrong. Especially when there's thunder involved, but sweet Merlin I hated the humidity.

Though you know, you get used to it living where I live. Humidity and smog...joyous stuff there.

Ech, I hate saying this, go Perth and all of that great stuff (I promise that'll be my next stop when I go to Australia) but currently my "big sister" (ok, my tour guide, her name was Mel, she was bloody brilliant, now she's stuck with a bunch of Californias [booo hisss]) but erm, those floods in Melbourne aren't like...too terribly bad are they? The People to People groups stay there for a few nights, and while I'd love to hear that all those other groups are having horrid times with rain (especially if friggen Alabama is still there) I'd like to know that she isn't totally drenched.

Other wise, I know how it goes with the whole "one side thinking they've got it so bad and really they have no idea." I live near Houston and any time some one else complains about pollution and smog to us we just smile sweetily and go "Oh, you have no idea lady" The sad part is that Mr. Bill White the Mayor of Houston has no plans to deal with it. Instead we're getting "major updates on transportation issues" that just make traffic worse, and getting around downtown confusing. I've lived here most of my life (no seriously, we moved down here the first time, moved back up north, just to move back down here to the house right next door to our old one) and the entire time down town and all the major highways have been under construction. Kind of makes me glad to be in the suburbs rather then the actual city.  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Osom

Cluttered Cat

11,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:14 pm
I live in Washington of the United States, so it rains every season except Summer, which is usually very dry and disgusting to most (I actually like heat).

But, this summer it's been all rainy! gonk It's rainy outside today! What's going on?!

It's flipping crazy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:39 pm
*blinks* pollution...Fog? Never heard of it *smiles sweetly*... Except the Swan River is beginning to smell a bit.
We do get like a misty bit of stuff in the air sometimes but rarely. And yeah... Pretty cool...

Hehe Alabama is such a funny word.

Lunar_Blade

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:48 pm
Lunar_Blade
*blinks* pollution...Fog? Never heard of it *smiles sweetly*... Except the Swan River is beginning to smell a bit.
We do get like a misty bit of stuff in the air sometimes but rarely. And yeah... Pretty cool...

Thank you! I'm not the only one then who giggles every time some one says Alabama...I just shout it randomly some times because its a funny word...that and Wyoming...because honestly, what's in Wyoming? (...question, have you ever even heard of Wyoming?)

Yet another reason why I would love to live in Australia, ya'lls population is so low that even around Sydney your pollution is not that big of a deal. You know, technically you are supposed to be able to see the Milky Way in the Northen Hemisphere, but you can't because of Light Pollution, even if you live in the country in the States, you still can't see it because of light pollution. I was at some camp--Vision Valley--near Sydney, and you could see the stars perfectly. You get as close to a major city as Vision Valley is to Sydney and you can't see the stars that perfectly. And that's saying something. Anyway, when it comes to pollution, of course I care more about the other kinds of pollution rather then light pollution, but still...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:58 pm
hanyou-kagome
Lunar_Blade

Thank you! I'm not the only one then who giggles every time some one says Alabama...I just shout it randomly some times because its a funny word...that and Wyoming...because honestly, what's in Wyoming? (...question, have you ever even heard of Wyoming?)

Yet another reason why I would love to live in Australia, ya'lls population is so low that even around Sydney your pollution is not that big of a deal. You know, technically you are supposed to be able to see the Milky Way in the Northen Hemisphere, but you can't because of Light Pollution, even if you live in the country in the States, you still can't see it because of light pollution. I was at some camp--Vision Valley--near Sydney, and you could see the stars perfectly. You get as close to a major city as Vision Valley is to Sydney and you can't see the stars that perfectly. And that's saying something. Anyway, when it comes to pollution, of course I care more about the other kinds of pollution rather then light pollution, but still...
yeah I've heard of wyoming...who hasn't? It's cool!

I'm getting really lazy... DAMN YOU SICKNESS  

Lunar_Blade

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:03 pm
You've heard of Wyoming?

*whimpers* I think I'm the only one who has a problem with that stupid state. I mean, in elementary school I had to name the states, and you know, with 50 of them, you get pretty confused and you're pretty sure at the end that you've named 50 of them. You probably repeated a few of them without meaning to as well. So you're standing there looking at your teacher and she says..."What about Wyoming?" I was like ..."Wyoming?" and she goes "Yes...Wyoming, you missed that state" I had no idea it was a bloody state. I thought it was a friggen City somewhere. I've grown smarter now (there was girl in my history class in 8th grade who though Canada was a state, and she was gulliable enough to believe us when we said "Yeah..Mexicos as state too") but still...anybody here from Wyoming? Can some one please tell me something big and important that is from that state or in that state? crying I just can't figure it out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:09 pm
hanyou-kagome
You've heard of Wyoming?

*whimpers* I think I'm the only one who has a problem with that stupid state. I mean, in elementary school I had to name the states, and you know, with 50 of them, you get pretty confused and you're pretty sure at the end that you've named 50 of them. You probably repeated a few of them without meaning to as well. So you're standing there looking at your teacher and she says..."What about Wyoming?" I was like ..."Wyoming?" and she goes "Yes...Wyoming, you missed that state" I had no idea it was a bloody state. I thought it was a friggen City somewhere. I've grown smarter now (there was girl in my history class in 8th grade who though Canada was a state, and she was gulliable enough to believe us when we said "Yeah..Mexicos as state too") but still...anybody here from Wyoming? Can some one please tell me something big and important that is from that state or in that state? crying I just can't figure it out.

I don;t even know where mexico is.... *don't shoot me!*.
But I know how to say mexico is mexican! Beat that!  

Lunar_Blade

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:26 pm
Lunar_Blade
hanyou-kagome
You've heard of Wyoming?

I can beat that easily! Considering I live in Texas, which used to be part of Mexico, so naturally we share a border with the country, and all of those stupid illegal immigrants come over the border and all of that wonderful crap. I can speak spanish...not fluently because I want to speak Japanese but my school doesn't offer Japanese and I'm not interested in French or German, so I'm taking Spanish and I'm trying oh so hard to resist it--plus my teacher was a moron last year.

I actually found that strange, I stayed with a family during my trip and the little girl was 9 and she was doing a project on Mexico for school. Just a small little thing like we usually do for Asian countries in our schools. And she asked me if I knew anything about it, and I said "Yes, I know tons about Mexico, I'm actually taking Spanish" I never thought I'd see the day when some one got excited by meeting some one who knew Spanish. I spent the rest of my time teaching them catch phrases and how to count to ten and all of this other stuff. It was different.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:22 pm
hanyou-kagome
Lunar_Blade
hanyou-kagome
You've heard of Wyoming?

I can beat that easily! Considering I live in Texas, which used to be part of Mexico, so naturally we share a border with the country, and all of those stupid illegal immigrants come over the border and all of that wonderful crap. I can speak spanish...not fluently because I want to speak Japanese but my school doesn't offer Japanese and I'm not interested in French or German, so I'm taking Spanish and I'm trying oh so hard to resist it--plus my teacher was a moron last year.

I actually found that strange, I stayed with a family during my trip and the little girl was 9 and she was doing a project on Mexico for school. Just a small little thing like we usually do for Asian countries in our schools. And she asked me if I knew anything about it, and I said "Yes, I know tons about Mexico, I'm actually taking Spanish" I never thought I'd see the day when some one got excited by meeting some one who knew Spanish. I spent the rest of my time teaching them catch phrases and how to count to ten and all of this other stuff. It was different.

I can speak part French cos we had to in school. But I got the Dux of my Primary school and got the Visual Arts award of the School and I got to go meet all these authors and spent the whole day with them (school paid for it.. I was the only one) and they taught me some writing tricks and s**t so it was good until ******** highschool

*enormous amount of foul swear words directly shot at school!*

Lunar_Blade

[Elske]-[XXIX]

President Squad

33,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:21 pm
Wow.

You guys have been going on one subject amazingly long.
I guess it pays to live in a country with so many states, eh?
To be honest, I don't know all that much about my own country. They stuffed the history down our throats so many times, that I simply shut down.

I like rain.

When I move to a different country, I'm picking the wettest one I can find.
xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:29 pm
Elske29
Wow.

You guys have been going on one subject amazingly long.
I guess it pays to live in a country with so many states, eh?
To be honest, I don't know all that much about my own country. They stuffed the history down our throats so many times, that I simply shut down.

I like rain.

When I move to a different country, I'm picking the wettest one I can find.
xd

The problem is in the States at least, that we try to make ourselves superior in the class room. Honestly, I had no clue about anything in Australia before I went. It was a big island with Sydney, and Opera house, and a bridge, and Kangaroos and Koalas and Kookaburras, and the British sent their convicts to it. That was it. That's all I knew. In the states we over emphasis our victories, skim over our losses and mistakes, and give tidbits about other countries. And there's only so much you can do with only 200 years, compared to say Japan or England who have so much more history. So--because the people in charge just haven't gotten it yet--people tune it out and forget it. Personally, I'm a history nerd, I just thrive from the stuff--unfortunatly I forget major points and remember the weird tidbits. Like Thomas Jefferson--when he was President, he spent all day in his p.j.s and only got changed if he absolutely had to. I remember one time we had a test over the first 10 presidents and I came up with a little story thing to remember them by using all of these strange tidbits our teacher had told us during the year. I can't remember it for the life of me any more--but it was funny.

Rain is good, but thunderstorms are better.

Man Lunar...I'm jealous...I love writing. So not fair!  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

[Elske]-[XXIX]

President Squad

33,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:54 pm
Oh my yes...

I'd give almost anything to study a country as rich in cultural history as Japan.
If I have to sit through one more year of the Khoi-San, I think I might go sit in a corner and die.
If it wasn't for the slight alteration in study-material this year, I don't think I'd have chosen History as a subject.

Your love for writing is very prominent.
xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:08 pm
Elske29
Your love for writing is very prominent. xd

heh...it's a curse sweatdrop  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:09 pm
Elske29
Oh my yes...

I'd give almost anything to study a country as rich in cultural history as Japan.
If I have to sit through one more year of the Khoi-San, I think I might go sit in a corner and die.
If it wasn't for the slight alteration in study-material this year, I don't think I'd have chosen History as a subject.

Your love for writing is very prominent.
xd

We never really got taught History... ONly in like Year 5 or 4. Otherwise I found out the rest by reading it up in books razz  
Off Topic Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff