Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
What got you in to reading fantasy books? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aslark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:38 am
I loved to learn about myths when i was in Elementary School, lol, then i saw the animated version of the Hobbit... i loved it, dragons, elfs, and magic. In 9th grade i bought a book called the Icewind Dale Triligy, thats when i fell in love with books, i havn't quit reading since, lol. And my wallet can tell anyone that... lol. Working at a book store when i turned 16 didn't help, i worked there for 2 years, and don't think i got a single paycheck, lol. They had a charge account, you could charge a book, then they'd take it out of your check, lol. That's pry what really got me into books, having access to any book i wanted. Reading stuff about books was part of the job, and i read about lots of books i wanted to read, and just couldn't stop.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:11 pm
It was the Belgariad by David eddings in year 7. I need to read a book for a book review and I picked it because it had a pretty cover and all my sisters had read them and loved it. So I gave it a go. I was hooked from then on. xd  

Jesm

6,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100

haelia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:11 pm
what got me into fantasy? wow... um.... *rubs chin and thinks back*
aha!
my step dad.
when i was maybe nine or ten i told him i was bored and he handed me the first book in the Xanth series (by piers anthony)

but the first books i read and was like "wow... must have MORE!!"
was again, after i told him i was bored, he handed me Magician: Apprentice/Magician: Master (the fist book in the riftwar saga by feist) and i was hooked. nothing is more interesting to an eleven year old reading on a college level than than tales of war and dragons and elves and wizards with great power, and the greatest power of all: love.

i love fantasy, fantasy and horror are my genres...
love 'em...

~*Hae Hae*~  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:46 pm
I honestly don't know, I've been reading them since before I can remember... (course, I can't remember very far back so I suppose that isn't saying much... XD)

Oh, wait! Yes I do! *is vaguely proud of self* I was obsessed with horses and animals and I bought a book that had a unicorn on the cover, because it was like a horse. "Into the Land of the Unicorns', by Bruce Coville. I think it was the first chapter book that I ever owned, and I remember flipping through it and reading the names of the chapters before I'd really ever learned to read. ^_^ I think I was... four?  

mangosteen

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:57 pm
I've read fantasy for as long as I can remember, I just seem to have a low tolerance for the other genres.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:52 pm
well, im not sure what my first fantasy book was, but examples like harry potter are what got me hooked onto reading. 3nodding  

xLeath

scarlett enchantress

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:22 pm
the thought was that i could creat anything i wanted and get rid of everything else while reading. soon i started reading. the whole idea of reading fantasy is to experience things we will never be able to experience in real life.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:55 pm
Aslark
I loved to learn about myths when i was in Elementary School, lol, then i saw the animated version of the Hobbit... i loved it, dragons, elfs, and magic. In 9th grade i bought a book called the Icewind Dale Triligy, thats when i fell in love with books, i havn't quit reading since, lol. And my wallet can tell anyone that... lol. Working at a book store when i turned 16 didn't help, i worked there for 2 years, and don't think i got a single paycheck, lol. They had a charge account, you could charge a book, then they'd take it out of your check, lol. That's pry what really got me into books, having access to any book i wanted. Reading stuff about books was part of the job, and i read about lots of books i wanted to read, and just couldn't stop.
It was basically the same for me, I was at my grandparents house when I was little and I saw the animated Hobbit and I was like, 'Hmmmmm...... I wonder what this is about? So I watched it and I loved it! That's basically what got me into the whole Fantasy genre.  

JRay18

janegreenajah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:06 pm
I was 10 and started browsing the school library and came across an interesting cover "Princess In The Pigpen". That's the one that got me hooked on fantasy books.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:21 am
Oh man, I can't even remember when I got into fantasy. It would have been when I was like ten (I can't remember much at all when I was that age.). But I think one of the books I read alot when I was like eight was about a dragon. Dragons are pretty cool, huh.  

Weeji

Sol_Angelica

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:32 am
I can't remember. I've been reading fantasy for as long as I can remember. I think I had been reading for a year or so, when my father gave me The Hobbit to read... I think it was then it started. Or maybe it was all those fairytales my mother and grandmother read for me as little...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:24 pm
My parents don't read fantasy, nor do they like it for that matter, so in this matter I don't owe much to them. I suppose it started with the first fantasy books I ever read. After the good doctor, Dr. Suess, I moved on to those short, large print, illustrated children books (eg. Frog and Toad). Then I moved onto the classics:
Chronicles of Narnia
Redwall
and finally... Harry Potter

From there the list runs on to where I am now and it will continue till the day I die becuase fantasy books are my sanctuary.  

fireandice13

undomesticated

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:25 am
My Dad. He was a reader... had a home library of over 1000 books. He would get me them for christmasses and birthdays and just... whenever i wanted one. He really got me hooked on it and I'm thankful for that I just wish... I just wish he were still here...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:44 am
I was always a tomboy when I was little*and a bit now*The other girls had Barbie and my little pony while I had G.I. Joe, Dinosaurs, and dirt. Fantasy seems to appeal to little girls who try to dig holes to China but reading never caught my interest until 6th grade when my freind let me borrow his redwall books and now I'm almost never seen without a book. And I am now a sucker for anything with claws and wings*mostly dragons* whee  

Firefox25

portofships

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:08 pm
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone got me interested in grade 3, and The Hobbit got me hooked in grade 4. mrgreen  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff