Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
-How to look more Asian- for us misfits. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you look asian?
Why, yes I do
58%
 58%  [ 54 ]
Maybe so. Not enough..
27%
 27%  [ 26 ]
No.. -tear-
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
POLLWHORE
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 93

x-Hitokiri-x

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:23 pm
soren_the_mage
Stop TRYING to be asian.If you are white,middle eastern,whatever,be yourself.Never be something your not.It is flattering but kinda annoying.I am asian and proud.Be yourself.Be proud of what and who you are

Why don't you read the first post before posting anything. She is asian, She just thinks that she doesn't look like one.

And my answer to you might sound like what most people tell you:
You know you are asian. It really doesn't matter if others think you are not. If you hold importance in what others say, than you are doubting yourself about being asian. And besides that, I think that being asian isn't about having chinky eyes, cool hair, chopsticks in your hair, being short and wearing expensive asian style clothing etc... Being asian is about having pride in what you are, the respect that we have for our elders (not many countries have that), our wide variety of traditions, cultures, backgrounds. If you don't have pride in what you are and have then there is nothing in this world that will make you feel better, and don't say money (money will not keep you happy in the end)..

The reason i think like this is because i read books by The Dalai Lama, a very wise monk. I hope this helped.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:32 pm
lol u almost look like my cousin
yes, we r filipino

i almost have the same prob...like my whole family does
i look totally spanish(lol i guess going to an almost all mexican elementary school did that)
my dad looks korean and my sis does too
this one time we were at the asian market and this guy started bowing O.o  

xXxAzn DollxXx

H!kari

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:39 pm
kurious_kitkats
omg! your pretty >.<
well, if your welling to, you could pluck your eyebrows thinner.
i have bad advice, so then... i'll just go now ninja

You posted what I thought o.o
Except I was going to keep the eyebrow thing to myself ;>_>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:57 pm
>.< at least you ARE asian.

not trying to sound weird, but do you know how hard it is to make yourself look somewhat asian.. when you're almost 100% german? evil  

Pandastasia

Venused

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:18 pm
I look pretty Asian, I think. I'm Flip too, but I'm really, really tall for any Asian. And most people figure out that I'm Asian, but I'm always being called Korean or Viet or Japanese allll the time.

But you, you dont worry about it. People would die to look like you, hun. Especially that skin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:22 pm
domokun  

Hyped up TeaCup

Noog Nkauj

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:44 pm
Oh, I definitely look Asian: long, jet black hair and tan skin. But that's not the point. I don't try to look Asian, I just do. I suppose it'd be because of my hair, since it's so dark and long. Try growing out your hair; no one mistakes me for being Hispanic.

Don't worry about being tall. I'm of average height and I tower over my relatives and the usual Asian Hmong people of my church. (And I still want to get taller...)

And I agree with Hitokiri_Tsering: being Asian is more than skin deep. My uncle was talking to me about what makes us Asian. Is it how we look or how we go about our lives? Do we act completely American (or whatever country you live in) or do we still have our Asian customs? Being Asian is more than just what we look like, it's who we are. We speak a difference language other than English and our thoughts and routines are different from what the other races do. Take pride in who you are (hence, the name of this guild) and you won't need to look Asian to others.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:44 pm
Besides the normal "Be happy with what you look like.", which I agree with, I have one piece of advice. xD

Try getting highlights. Like the tan kind, near the bottom of your hair. Or just plain running through. I notcied a lot of Asian girls have that...Although I'm jealous because I want it. >->;;

=o I must try that shampoo! I likeyz my hair but I want it to be black again. xD;;

` p n a y

jellii-dumpling

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:18 am
R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r

And yes, I've noticed all the light skinned Filipinos who are stars. But honestly, I'd feel much better with brown skin than light skin. Don't ask why.. unless you want to hear my opinion on "slavery" in the Philippines.

But. I guess I should stop obsessing over this? Looking more Asian I mean? There really isn't n e thign I can change about myself except my skin color and hair color. Even still, I'll only look indian (it's my damn nose). But I dunno.

I'd kill for light skin. Even though I already have it. Sort of. Pinay ako, and I'm a tad darker than you, literally, but I was born the same colour as you are now. 3nodding But, because of circumstances, such as the location I live, which would be Australia, where the sun does serious damage. I was so frickin' light when I was born, and I'd kill to be that colour again. I'm lighter than most pinoys, but dark enough for others to make the obvious assumption I AM filipino.

At least you aren't mismatched like I am. See, because of the weather, and of clothing and varying sun exposure, my upper-arms, my chest, torso, and all the way down to my knees, and strangely, my feet, are my original colour. Your colour. But my lower arms, and the backs of my hands are darker. My face is kind of in-between.

SO FRIGGIN' ANNOYING. Ang bastos ng- Ahem.

My hair is SEEMINGLY the typical pinoy blacked out brown, but due to Spanish heritage (Which I am thankful to God for), it's actually lighter, especially when you stick my hair in light, more-over sunlight, my hair turns a light chocolatey, hazel. Which is a pretty cool colour, if I do say so myself. I have golden and blonde highlights, so that lightens it up too (These highlights have recently turned tan. eek ). whee Plus, I'm taller than your average filipino. And guess what? I'M STILL GROWING. I get growth pain in my legs. Aray ko... My dad's brothers are all 6ft or taller. And he's only 5'5. Which is hilarious, because he's the eldest. But seriously, if you want to look the part, dress the part.

My korean penpal thought I was korean. That's a COMPLIMENT. She was like, 'Are you sure you aren't korean?' Which gives you an idea of how light I am for a filipino. But, sadly, I don't have the almond-eyes look going for me either. sweatdrop But, like most asians, they're brown. Just slightly lighter than most. Again, thankful to the Spanish. Just for the heritage. I'm not happy about slavery either. scream

I have a lot of Spanish traits, but I look pretty asian. But all the lighter people in my family, especially the mothers and older girls are all like, 'Do you stay in the sun? Wear a hat! A big hat!' And they make me use this cream, lotion and cleanser to try and get me to be... Well. Lighter. So, I wouldn't mind lightening my skin a shade or two. Like yours, I guess. But a lot of other white people I know are like, 'I love your skin colour! Did you get a tan? OH MY GAWD! It's NATURAL! Are you serious?! I want your skin!' And, quite frankly, it all just creeps me out. stare

The point is that if you want to look asian, it isn't necessarily all about your skin colour, or your facial feature. Take Eurasians for example, they have the appearance of a European, but they are recognised as asians. And people SEE them as asian. You point to one, and someone says, 'Hey! She's asian!' And they're around the same skin colour as you. Chill out about it. As mentioned earlier, the most effective way, especially for you, seeing your circumstances, is to dress the part. And I don't mean crossing the lines between: Outfit, Themed Outfit, and Costume. Try the AsianJam store online. GREAT STUFF. I buy from there regularly. You got that down, and I'd say you're good to go.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:36 am
R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You actually look like my cousin. A LOT like my cousin. But there's a funny story about her and what her grade thought of her skin colour... I burst out laughing when I heard it.  

jellii-dumpling

9gatsu 3ka no Kokuin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:52 am
and use biotechnology to turn yourself into a panda just like me 4laugh i'm a panda!! 4laugh pandas are asian whee whee heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:16 pm
ACT FOB  

Sheenna

metamonkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:15 pm
someone find a mod. this thing is 6 month old  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:21 pm
Heyy. anyway. i get called 'white girl' a lot at my school, mostly by my BEST friends. What i did was take up an asian hairstyle and started using tagalog/waray phrases, like 'hay naku' or 'isus man daw'. I don't know if that'll help though. gl! =3  

OHxNOxheartbreak

AznTrix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:43 pm
hah i probably need this everyone says i dont dress like asians  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items