Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Terminology and Believability Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:06 am
Fiddlers Green
( in cases where the animal has certain associations in the lore of the regio, such as salmon and wisdom in some areas.).

Wisdom? There are salmons of Wisdom in your country? No wonder you people are all half mad.

TeaDidikai
Does any of this make sense to anyone else?

There's a fourth. I have two animals in my personal Totem as they are tied to my family. There are Orders within Celtic Mysticism that take into their Totem that Order's Totem. This is the Animal. Membership in these Orders is dependant on your being accepted by the Animal. Can't remember what the Fianna's was, I know the Druids took some kind of Snake, the Aos Dana took a specific bird of prey, the Aes Denai take a bird from the same family. The idea that certain animals would bind themselves to an order is not unheard of  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:17 am
reagun ban

There's a fourth. I have two animals in my personal Totem as they are tied to my family. There are Orders within Celtic Mysticism that take into their Totem that Order's Totem. This is the Animal. Membership in these Orders is dependant on your being accepted by the Animal. Can't remember what the Fianna's was, I know the Druids took some kind of Snake, the Aos Dana took a specific bird of prey, the Aes Denai take a bird from the same family. The idea that certain animals would bind themselves to an order is not unheard of

I think I have worked out the tangle in my head now.

To be it would depend on if being part of the Order made you a Family or not.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:29 pm
reagun ban
Fiddlers Green
( in cases where the animal has certain associations in the lore of the regio, such as salmon and wisdom in some areas.).

Wisdom? There are salmons of Wisdom in your country? No wonder you people are all half mad.

Half? cry

I've always kind of wished I could eat one of the fish that let you talk to animals.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:10 pm
Deoridhe

Half? cry

I've always kind of wished I could eat one of the fish that let you talk to animals.
No you don't.

First thing out of a Hippo's mouth at the zoo is "Does this rock make me look fat?"  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:02 am
Deoridhe
reagun ban
Fiddlers Green

Half? cry

And plus you'd have to suck your thumb to get it to work right! xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:28 pm
I can live with that. After all, when no one is looking I usually lick my fingers after eating sushi. 3nodding  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:47 pm
TeaDidikai
1) An Order in which the being would belong to those of the Order- in which case it would not be passed within the family unless the Otherling in question gave itself to a Bloodline it met through the Order.

Except that this otherling was bound to the Order, not the seed or egg of those it joined.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:31 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
Half? cry

No you don't.

First thing out of a Hippo's mouth at the zoo is "Does this rock make me look fat?"

rofl No different from the trees all complaining about someone else's leaves getting on them.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:19 pm
TeaDidikai
I can live with that. After all, when no one is looking I usually lick my fingers after eating sushi. 3nodding
bah! why does it have to be when no one's looking?

why is it that the "typical" otherkin or starseed has to be soooo damn creepy when they mention it? or in general?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:00 am
phoenix shadowwolf
TeaDidikai
bah! why does it have to be when no one's looking?

why is it that the "typical" otherkin or starseed has to be soooo damn creepy when they mention it? or in general?
Or you get those sort of awkward silences of, "Um... Ok. You can think that..." *back away slowly*

Really, some just go a little too far. Especially when it starts impinging on your life... sweatdrop  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:17 pm
Fiddlers Green

Except that this otherling was bound to the Order, not the seed or egg of those it joined.
Not a Totem then. Something else- sure. But it doesn't fit the nature of the word Totem.

phoenix shadowwolf

Mostly because the false assumption that all "non-mainstreamers" will agree bleeds over into the way they present.

I find it creepy that people can delude themselves that much myself.

Deoridhe

rofl No different from the trees all complaining about someone else's leaves getting on them.
Never heard that one.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:09 am
[Edited: Took out path-based terms Dark Ones, Servitor, and Egregore.]
Just getting back on topic a bit,

other terms I can think of:
Crystal Children
Starchild
Shadowwalkers
Black Magician
Shadow People
Atlanteans
Lemurians
Hunters

Damn, that's all I can think of?

Anyways, basic descriptions:
Crystal Children are the wave of "jubilant beings" or whatever, that are to come after the Indigos. Basically the Indigos set the stage for the Crystal Children which will lead humanity to their next stage of development (or to another planet, after an apocalypse, depending on the source).

Starchild I'm not too sure, I think probably a catch-all term for anyone that wasn't initially incarnated only on Earth (or at least not in their last life).

Shadowwalkers depends on the group involved. Can mean "dark"/black magickian, vampires, or (and most commonly) astral beings with negative intent against yah.

Black Magician is a catch-all term that can be divided into a couple categories,
Fluffers: the opposite of Lightworker, in almost all ways. Some believe in Karma and say they accept the repercussions, most of these are just as fluffy as lightworkers, but rather than trying to heal, they try to hurt. Can also be used as a term against those who cast curses, hexes, or are seen as not being white light.

More Serious circles: Can be used as a moniker by some (usually Satanists or other Left Hand Path faiths) to help either indicate their path, or as a badge of honour/pride.

This gets into a few grey areas(ex "chaosists" who seem to be a newer offspring of Chaos Magick). These groups seem to claim the term Black Magician more commonly, and seem to include a more gothic outlook. In this case, it may be used more for shock value, similar to those initially used by the Church of Satan, than anything else.

Shadow People, aka shadows that go bump in the night. Big paranormal community are their normally paranoid selves on this subject. Lots of chatter about big bad shadows coming up on people during the night, creating fear and feeding, although some have been considered friendly. My suggestion, nuke these if you can if they turn out to be malicious.

Atlanteans == people from Atlantis.

Lemurians == people from Lemuria, another mythic island. Some say they also once lived on Mars. Some Crystal Kiddies say they're lemurians too. Only other worthy mention is that I've heard rumours that some boogeymen type of entities were once lemurians.

Hunters... ah my favourite topic... Either you're a vamp or therian that's gotta be afraid of em, or some lil (xtian usually) "demonologist" who's gotta fight the "forces of evil." Heard of some actually running into them, although most of those people also admitted to lying about being vampires. I've also heard some from the "demon hunters" themselves. I'll admit I had a couple classic convos with one (Like ferretting it outta him that he thought he was a better version of Jesus). Most part, RPGers who pretend to play tough. If any of these do exist, it'd just give me a reason to buy that baton I always wanted...

Hope that helps some.  

Iosonos

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Iosonos
Crystal Children
Can you cite an authority on this? I've read a bit of the Indigo Children material, but I haven't come across the Crystal Children.

Further- most of the Indigo Children material I have worked with was from a clinical psychological framework. Nothing "spiritual" per se outside of the comments on the spiritual nature of the personality type.

I tend to look at people funny when they speak of Indigo Children as fodder for delusions of "Mr. Darks" and other such things. I am starting to wonder if it isn't akin to bastardizing the concept itself.

Quote:
Servitor
Eggregores

Are tradition specific terms now a function of "believability"?

Quote:
Shadowwalkers depends on the group involved. Can mean "dark"/black magickian, vampires, or (and most commonly) astral beings with negative intent against yah.
Your spelling of magician made my eyes bleed.

Quote:
Black Magician is the opposite of Lightworker, in almost all ways. Some believe in Karma and say they accept the repercussions, most of these are just as fluffy as lightworkers, but rather than trying to heal, they try to hurt. RPG at its best... (I personally blame Final Fantasy, I mean who doesnt want that straw hat?)

Funny- the only Black Magician I know of is a South African CMer.

Further- is this a function of what folks call themselves or what others call them?

Quote:

Dark Ones

Are we getting into psychological archetypes now?

Quote:
Shadow People, aka shadows that go bump in the night. Big paranormal community are their normally paranoid selves on this subject. Lots of chatter about big bad shadows coming up on people during the night, creating fear and feeding, although some have been considered friendly. My suggestion, nuke these if you can (the bad ones).
Do you randomly suggest people "nuke" things they don't understand?

Quote:
Atlanteans
Lemurians
These have always made me giggle.

As someone who has no problem accepting reincarnation and has experienced "past life regression" wherein she was born on an island far from where I now live, I have to ask- "Who gives a flying ******** which island you were born on?".

Quote:
Hunters... if any of these do exist, it'd just give me a reason to buy that baton I always wanted...

Hope that helps some.
And why do you want said baton?

Granted, the idiots who cannot tell White Wolf from reality do deserve to have the ******** s**t beat out of them. But to some of us, it is part of our ministry to those of our faith to ward and in some cases destroy those who would seek to harm our community.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Further- most of the Indigo Children material I have worked with was from a clinical psychological framework. Nothing "spiritual" per se outside of the comments on the spiritual nature of the personality type.

I tend to look at people funny when they speak of Indigo Children as fodder for delusions of "Mr. Darks" and other such things. I am starting to wonder if it isn't akin to bastardizing the concept itself.
I'd say that the concept of Indigo Children is, in fact, a spiritual one considering that the term was coined by a pair of New Agers who claim to have received the revelation of the nature of the Indigo Child from a being named Kryon that one of the pair channels. I do see the Indigo movement as being the breeding ground for Mr. Darks - parents who believe in the Indigo Child phenomenon are apt to identify their child as an Indigo based on some number of perceived similarities to the Indigo "type", and as such they are more likely to steer their child, once "identified" as Indigo, toward fulfilling the positive aspects of being an Indigo.  

Henry Dorsett Case

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:33 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
TeaDidikai

I'd say that the concept of Indigo Children is, in fact, a spiritual one considering that the term was coined by a pair of New Agers who claim to have received the revelation of the nature of the Indigo Child from a being named Kryon that one of the pair channels. I do see the Indigo movement as being the breeding ground for Mr. Darks - parents who believe in the Indigo Child phenomenon are apt to identify their child as an Indigo based on some number of perceived similarities to the Indigo "type", and as such they are more likely to steer their child, once "identified" as Indigo, toward fulfilling the positive aspects of being an Indigo.

As I recall, they popularized a concept that Dr. William King had yet to publish and copyright. A bit of a sore spot for his cousin when speaking with her about the matter.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff