Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Pure Energy Work Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:47 am
Deoridhe
Okay, another thought - what's your view on dreams and how they scan in to energy work?
I have had two really freaky experiences in which I was attacked in my sleep. They couldn't get into my room because it was so well warded so they deviously slipped in through a dream. That was undeniably freaky. It's also never going to happen again. twisted

Quote:
I interpreted this to mean my idea wasn't the greatest and so stopped; valid call? Questionable?
I would go with Tea on this. It may have just been a dream, but finding out whether the stones were full or not would be a good move. Some can take a lot more than others. What kind of stone was it (if you don't mind my asking... I'm a bit of a stonesgeek)?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:33 am
TeaDidikai
I tend to come down on the side of "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". I hold that not all dreams have meaning and take into account the intellegence of the individual in question when they wonder if a dream has meaning.

I tend to be Jungian in regards to dreams; everythign has meaning. It can get a little trying.

TeaDidikai
I am also a huge fan of Sacred Sleep- and tend to practice it quite often. In such situations, I am very careful to examine if there is meaning from me or from something else.

I wouldn't know how to begin with sacred sleep; is that like napping in the roots of Yggdrasil? I do that now and then when I'm really exhausted because it's so peaceful there.

TeaDidikai
It's the animist in me. If I had that dream, I would have asked the gemstones if they were "full". After all, I can cram alot into something. That doesn't mean that something is comfortable.

Huh... didn't think of doing that. Duh me.

missmagpie
I would go with Tea on this. It may have just been a dream, but finding out whether the stones were full or not would be a good move. Some can take a lot more than others. What kind of stone was it (if you don't mind my asking... I'm a bit of a stonesgeek)?

They are whatever you make fake gemstones out of - cubic zirconia, perhaps?

I think they were just a bad vessel. *looks shifty*  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:52 am
Deoridhe
I tend to be Jungian in regards to dreams; everythign has meaning. It can get a little trying.
Oh dear! I'd hate to have to analyse my dreams like that. I've had far too many explosions and buses taking me in the wrong direction to enjoy it. But kudos to you for knowing how. I just tend to take the overall message from the subconscious and go "I know! I know already! Stop rubbing it in!" xp

Deoridhe
missmagpie

Ewwww.... *holds nose* That's not really that surprising then. I doubt they could hold very much.

Quote:
You know, even certain types of twig could probably hold more. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:20 am
missmagpie
Deoridhe

You know, even certain types of twig could probably hold more. wink

...yeah prolly. redface It seemed like a good idea at the time.

My quartz with platinum in it is doing much better. 3nodding  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:49 am
Deoridhe
My quartz with platinum in it is doing much better. 3nodding
Oooh! eek Shiny...

I had a hematite included quartz that was supernice. I haven't really stored anything in it though. I only used it for channelling when I was still bothered using tools.

Depending on what you're storing, things like amber and lapis can be useful. They tend to get along better with certain kinds of energy though.

Actually, I'm now wondering how much difference there really is between charging a stone and just storing something in it. I mean, it's just the small step of assigning function between having a stoneful of energy and a useful charm...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:09 pm
Deoridhe

I guess sometimes one must keep in mind that sometimes the "meaning" in something is that it means "nothing". ~wink~

Quote:

I wouldn't know how to begin with sacred sleep; is that like napping in the roots of Yggdrasil? I do that now and then when I'm really exhausted because it's so peaceful there.
I'd consider that sacred sleep, but that wasn't the style I was speaking of.

More akin to sleeping in a way that pulls the Otherworld to you.

Quote:

Huh... didn't think of doing that. Duh me.
~chuckles~ Yeah. That can get amusing.

Quote:

Don't see why the fact that they weren't what they were designed to look like would make them a bad vessel.

Personal hangup perhaps? But then, I am a big fan of "Why get real? Plastic is cheap and it comes in pretty colors!"

Heh... I get a kick out of the "Oh NO! She just used a swiss army knife to cut her sacred herbs!"  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:01 am
TeaDidikai
More akin to sleeping in a way that pulls the Otherworld to you.

I so totally don't follow you tht I might as well be in the branches while you're in the well.

TeaDidikai
Don't see why the fact that they weren't what they were designed to look like would make them a bad vessel.

Personal hangup perhaps? But then, I am a big fan of "Why get real? Plastic is cheap and it comes in pretty colors!"

Heh... I get a kick out of the "Oh NO! She just used a swiss army knife to cut her sacred herbs!"

^^ No idea. I was keying things to their colors just for fun. Eh. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:39 pm
Deoridhe

I so totally don't follow you tht I might as well be in the branches while you're in the well.
It involves a complex explination of my traditions.

Poke me in Pathways after you have read the last couple pages.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces