Reply Official NANA Guild
How did YOU find out about Nana? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where did you find out about Nana?
  Read it in Shoujo Beat.
  Saw it in Bordors and kinda just picked it up.
  SCANLATION SITES!!
  O_T_H_E_R
View Results

HachikoChan2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:34 am
read parakiss and while looking for a new series to start i saw that NANA was by Ai! so i HAD to pick it up and my god was i hooked! found out there was a movie... watched it like i dont even know how many times! then i watched all the subbed anime on veoh.com (greatest site ever!! >.<)

*sigh* oh how i love nana biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:27 pm
I first read the manga in shoujo beat and thought it was pretty interesting. Like months later I found out about the anime on youtube. 3nodding

x Squishie

x Squishie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:30 pm
HachikoChan2
read parakiss and while looking for a new series to start i saw that NANA was by Ai! so i HAD to pick it up and my god was i hooked! found out there was a movie... watched it like i dont even know how many times! then i watched all the subbed anime on veoh.com (greatest site ever!! >.<)

*sigh* oh how i love nana biggrin

Oo, what episode does that go up to?
I've only seen up to episode 42, but I want more. gonk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:19 pm
My friend was reading it out of Shojo Beat, and said it reminded her of us.

Then I started to read it, and fell in love with the series. <3
Then another friend let me borrow vols. 1-4. xD

cathyn119

KIMBOwie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:04 am
I saw the title on Shojobeat. com and noticed it was by Ai Yazawa, then same author as ParaKiss and I thought it would be an awesome read since I enjoyed ParaKiss so much.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:40 pm
Well, I first became obsessed with ParaKiss (which actually got me into manga in the first place). From then on, all I could do was talk about Ai Yazawa (Yazawa-sensei...). I happened to be looking in the magazine section of Barnes & Noble and saw Shojo Beat with Nana on the cover. I thought, "Wow, that looks like something Ai Yawzawa would draw." And that's pretty much how it all began.

By the way: I've been wanting to get the live action movie on DVD but on amazon.com, it says that the DVD is "region-specific" and will only play on DVD players from that region (Japan and such). Does that really matter? Or should I try to find a special player? (I don't really want to watch it on youtube...) I posted this question on another thread a while ago and I don't think anyone answered me. If someone could PM me, that would be great.

~NN~ ninja  

NeferetNyx

Pine_Casfreit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:52 pm
Well like most people I found out about it in shoujo beat, but it was such a teaser when they first introduced it so I didn't get into it till the manga finally reached america. After reading the first book I was hooked and before I knew it I had become crazed.

I have so much Nana merchandise, and I've completed the anime series which I now own (Yay me! ^O^)

I'm still working on all the manga volumes since all the stores I've been to only have up to book 7

and I've seen both of the real life movies, which Mika Nakashima was awesoem in. Most people we'ren't into her way before she played Nana but I was a fan since the begining and I really think it pushed her career, so cudo's!^^

Second season will be coming out soon so I hope everyone is looking forward to it as much as I am, laterz! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:27 pm
I'm not entirely sure how I was introduced to NANA... probably when I subscribed to Shojo Beat two years ago.

Or it could have been when I finished reading Paradise Kiss (which I didn't like that much but I love the art), I went to check the author on Google and NANA came up.

I really have no clue... xD

I've just been in love with it ever since.

xx_kayla_face_xx

LittleMissMerokoinAKimono

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:34 pm
saw it in the fabulous manga magazine Shojo Beat! Then looked it up found out it was an anime and I almost died out of sheer joy  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:51 pm
thank god for shojo beat, although i bought my first issue on a whim  

tribechick13

Romantic Vampire

7,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Tsilk

Distinct Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:03 am
Found it in a european borders while searching for Death Note.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:22 pm
Yume de Aru Youni
my brother told me about it even though i was still watching the death note and just told him to download it >.< he did download it also with the movie i watch first the live action version and just recently watch anime and i fell in love with the anime >.< more than the movie >.<

there's just somethings that the live action can't do like the anime does >.<
Like a Dream

kawaii ona

aKuma_TsubaSa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:00 am
my hubby! XP O-o lol  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:54 am
i read it in shojo beat and fell n luv with it  

Multicolored Distress

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200

Kawaii Kyogi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:50 pm
well i found about nana when i saw it in a yuri forum as a manga... the anime wasnt ready...
then i was always searching for it but somehow i forgot about it and suddenly one day i saw a smash of live actions in youtube and i saw some scenes of the first movie... so when i found out about it the anime was already in the chapter 20 XD so i saw all the 20 chaps and the weekly chaps.... since then... and both movies and started downlading them

Official NANA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff