Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Anime distributed through YouTube: Right or wrong? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cola Addict

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:33 pm
I feel like cursing out loud right now.... confused

YouTube removed all Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na anime during the weekend. Fortunately i saw all 12 episodes before that happend. I Loved it. Which means i'll be ordering the imported version.

This is an unlicensed anime by the way.

See? Just because i saw it on YouTube does not mean i won't buy it. I just wanted to re-watch the conclusion. confused  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:49 pm
I used youtube for watching older anime like initial D and such because I can't find all of the show in english versions, and because my parents hate anime and would never allow me to buy anime. On the other hand it is like ripping off CD's or watching pirated movies so I have alot of mixed feelings about this.  

Tak-sama

drgnkng1354

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:12 pm
eww. googtube? blah. that's a horrible name. I think it's would be ok to put a preview of the episode on youtube. that way you could see if you were interested in seeing the anime  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:04 pm
I dont know if its right but i watch it any way twisted  

kay_cei10

Tina Tomorrow

Tina Tomorrow

IRL Conventioneer

17,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:05 am
Youtube is technically there to broadcast yourself. I broadcasted myself alot even though I have a totally boring channel.

If the poster of the animation doesn't have permission to post such animation, it is wrong. Also even if it's posted on Youtube the quality is usually not that good. I prefer obtaining my anime through torrents where the anime is of good quality.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:43 am
Ok i totally think youtube posting anime is good! I mean i dont have the money or live in the right place to see some of these movies or shows. Or manga so i tottally agree with it ^^  

inukitsy

ElementalEnishi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:48 pm
With the piracy and the usage of products has become a large problem. The new stage of "internet-crimes" IS illegal, yet websites and the society still promotes more than discourages. Laws are made/broke by the societies norms and what they find acceptable.
As a personal belief, I dont agree with it completely but I also dont want to go out and buy the anime because I am very tight on money.
Whether it is right or wrong is an individualist type question, but instead it should be a mass question. Obviously lots of people use UTUBE and many profits are made by companies such as google that are affilated with it.
sweatdrop
Its concerning, if we can allow (on small scale) those types of internet crimes, what else will we allow (on a larger scale) in a few years?
~Enishi  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:54 pm
I say it's right. If it can't be seen on TV or bought on DVD, then watch it on Youtube.  

Mahrahia

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Rosabelle334

3,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:09 am
Well, I would be lost without youtube. Theres no place in my town where buying or renting anime is easy, its also really expensive when I do find it. All my anime comes from youtube, and even though it may not be considered "fair" for the companies, it is, in a way, becuase they get publicity. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:18 am
I don't think it's very encouraging for companies to make anime if they don't even make money off it, they don't do this kind of stuff in their free time <_<
I'm such a hypocrite xD

I actually think that the library near my place has anime DVDs you can check out... but I'm too lazy to go get them, or even confirm it.  

Arekis Tebeca

Anamaki Ronso

Unbeatable Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:06 am
i think anime on you tube is ok cause what about some of the people you don't have the "resources"to see or buy the anime youtube provides it.plus its not like peolpe stop goin out to buy anime so the creators profit isn't affected ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:02 am
it's right because not a lot of people can afford to spend 60 dollars a hit for the entire season or 20 dollars for a few episodes of any given anime. youtube saves me a lot of money and it's a lot more accessible for me. i was so mad when they took off almost all the gravitation episodes! scream that was one of my favorite yaoi's! scream gonk crying  

FoxAnime

colombian love

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:54 pm
well....i agree its definitely not right....but i have to also admit to watching anime on youtube. i have trouble buying anime because of money problems and the fact that my parents dont approve of anime.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:27 am
Youtube... mad

What's the point in adding Anime to it?

I have a really good moniter, one of the latest ones brought out, and a decent computer. Yet when I watch the Anime on Youtube it lags, it skips, it backtracks, it's really bad quality.
It's so irritating. stare

I download Anime off BitTorrent , it may still be illegal but at least it's always good quality.

I downloaded all of the Avatar Episodes, and Gantz from Ares too.
And they're just as good as the DVDs.

Avatar was in English, but the Gantz one is in Japanese with English subs, and it's still perfect quality.

I dont see the point in Youtube Anime, it's a huge waste.

Frankendoll.

Karafer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:20 pm
I only watch anime in youtube because they're not aired here in our place or sometimes, they kept on repeating the series and never let us see the end, so instead of waiting in agony for the most exciting episodes, I'd better watch them off on youtube...yeah it's really illegal to post anime videos on youtube, that would bring down the anime business.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff