Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
-is a stereotypical asian girl- </3. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zenyoko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:43 pm
I like white guys more. There's no reason, really.

As for stereotypes... there are a lot now. The bookish ones, the punk / emo / etc., and... the wiggers.

It sucks to be an Asian growing up in the semi-ghetto who just moved to this small-town poser-crap neighborhood.

(It's kind of weird, actually. I have a 4.0 GPA, dress preppish, listen to grunge, play the piano and clarinet, play tennis [another stereotype]...)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:47 pm
R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r
So, I think I may be turning into a stereotypical asian girl!
Great.

Stereotypes. Gah.. and racial slurs
We all come across those everyday.
Asians (as we all know) are seen as being the bookish, shy fashion victims Dx

Of course there are other stereotypes for asians..

buuuuut
Now, apparently, asians now have another stereotype (mainly for the girls)
White boy dating, rock loving "rebels"
C'mon you have a million of them in your school, you see them in the mall, on tv.. they're everywhere now.

Maybe you're one yourself?

It's as if asian girls have tried so hard to break the image of shy and bookish by becoming "different." But now so many of them are doing it. So being "different" is now becoming a stereotype.

Well, I'm in transition of the two... or maybe even a mixture.

I know I shouldn't be talking about this, since I hate making assumptions about people etc.
But this brings up so many topics I've always wondered:
Why are white men so attracted to asian girls? (vise versa)
Does what music you listen to, style of clothing actually efftect your persona? (shyness etc.)
Why, in the media, must an asian always have a relationship with someone of another race for them to be well liked?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: Why can't you people read? gonk
EDIT(the 2nd): Honestly, STFU about "Ohh.. all races and all types of people have thier stereotypes. Get over it."- you think I don't already know this? Jiminy, just answer the dman questions xd

WTF!?  

~vi3tgrl4sho~

akiamy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:53 pm
I live in a state where asians are very few and I tend to see many false myths about Asians circulating around the school such as:
-Asians are all math nerds
-They are all great artists
-They all are skinny
-They are all quiet little nerds who would rather study SAT test preps than party

Although I am a mathlete, an artist, and I'm not overweight, I am still recognized by my friends more for my sense of humor than anything else. I think sometimes people just need to overlook the dark hair and the slanting eyes and see what lies beneath the surface.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:00 pm
Well I wasn't the shy/nerdy girl. I wasn't the loud kinda either. I'm pretty much only shy to new people, teachers, a few people that are older than me. I haven't changed to much but I agree that todays asian girls are changing. I know many that skip and do a whole lot of things. But I'm just a werid person and thats who I am.  

t i n y. riceball_

Newbie Noob

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:27 pm
t i n y. riceball_
Well I wasn't the shy/nerdy girl. I wasn't the loud kinda either. I'm pretty much only shy to new people, teachers, a few people that are older than me. I haven't changed to much but I agree that todays asian girls are changing. I know many that skip and do a whole lot of things. But I'm just a werid person and thats who I am.

*Giggles*...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:31 pm
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
t i n y. riceball_

*Giggles*...
Yes...I'm scared of teachers. > ___ <;  

t i n y. riceball_

Newbie Noob

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:36 pm
Mr. Sainchuk:...
BANGER!!!...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:56 pm
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
Mr. Sainchuk:...
BANGER!!!...