Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
De-stickying of the BritPol thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:45 am
Bono Vox
Invictus_88
Bono Vox
has he read the PM's?

As yet, there is no way of knowing.
yes there is. ones that havent been read are in your out box and ones that have been read are in your sent box

Ah!

He's read the first, but didn't reply. He hasn't read the second one though, the one with the reminder.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:09 am
Invictus_88
The moving of the Danjel-encouraged "BritPol Mk. II" was accompanied by a PM notifying me of a second warning by Danjel for spamming. Third warning = ban, apparently.
I may be wrong, but I see no spam. I could easily be mistaken of course as I am sure a trustworthy Gaia Moderator would not warn or ban without a very sound and legal reason.

I simply have yet to see evidence of this reason.

I'm sorry but I think he was right.

Take a careful look at your thread. Although there were some posts that count as extended discussion, there were a lot of one-liners and off-topic comments. It wasn't exactly carefully structured, well thought out discussion. These things coupled with the fact that it was basically a thread for people to chat who knew one another do makes it look like a hangout thread.

I don't know. I just think that kind of discussion is best saved for guilds and forums other than ED and its subforums.  

dizzyjess

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:39 am
dizzyjess
Invictus_88
[The moving of the Danjel-encouraged "BritPol Mk. II" was accompanied by a PM notifying me of a second warning by Danjel for spamming. Third warning = ban, apparently.
I may be wrong, but I see no spam. I could easily be mistaken of course as I am sure a trustworthy Gaia Moderator would not warn or ban without a very sound and legal reason.

I simply have yet to see evidence of this reason.

Take a careful look at your thread. Although there were some posts that count as extended discussion, there were a lot of one-liners and off-topic comments. It wasn't exactly carefully structured, well thought out discussion. These things coupled with the fact that it was basically a thread for people to chat who knew one another do makes it look like a hangout thread.

I don't know. I just think that kind of discussion is best saved for guilds and forums other than ED and its subforums.

Quote:

In all things? Absolutely not.

Quote:
Take a careful look at your thread. Although there were some posts that count as extended discussion, there were a lot of one-liners and off-topic comments.

The inital post the extended discussion. One liners? Nope, not mine. So why, pray, was I given a second unfair spam-warning and the thread of further action?

Quote:
It wasn't exactly carefully structured, well thought out discussion.

It was, I think you shall find, a rather better political discussion than most of ED-P. The only distinction being that it was not American, and was posessed of grammar.

Quote:
These things coupled with the fact that it was basically a thread for people to chat who knew one another do makes it look like a hangout thread.

This, I must contend. For it is absolute rubbish. How did I craft it to be a hangout thread? Go on, answer, I dare you. cool

Quote:

You think, I fear, incorrectly. However, this is near wholly irellevant. I am contesting the reapeated instances of his reporting me without legal cause.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:54 am
Invictus_88
Yet you don't even question the concept of a "crocodile rave"?

Deary me, Essex is stranger than I imagined..

dizzyjess

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:00 am
The Britpol thread has now been unstickied (again) to a normal topic and locked by moderators. stare  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:27 am
Nebelstern
The Britpol thread has now been unstickied (again) to a normal topic and locked by moderators. stare

The reason given for this cannot be fathomed by mortal man...

Ours is not to reason why... gonk  

Fourcolour

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:09 am
Still no word from L0cke.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:16 am
Do you think L0cke is ignoring us, lazy or conducting some sort of investigation?  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:21 am
ice_illusion
Do you think L0cke is ignoring us, lazy or conducting some sort of investigation?

He's probably busy with other things.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:03 am
Foetus In Fetu
ice_illusion

Heh, it has been a long wait though. I guess you're right.  

Andanta

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:01 am
Andanta
Foetus In Fetu
ice_illusion

Heh, it has been a long wait though. I guess you're right.

'parrently he's having trouble IRL. Still, we know he posts on the forums..  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:25 am
(Name Removed)
Invictus_88
(Name Removed)
Forgive me if this matter has already been resolved but I cant tell if it has or not yet. If it has, feel free to simply ignore me but I felt like, just in case it wasn't yet (and maybe even if it is, for future reference) that I should give you my two cents on the matter.

Recently, because of the migration I had lost links to threads I was always in, one of them was Bono Vox's thread. Just the other day I went to see if one of the threads I frequented had come back to my ego-search and it hadn't, however Bono Vox's had. He had a link in it, the last post of the thread, that lead to another thread, that led to another thread, that led to this thread here. I took the time to read through the whole thread and, while I find the whole idea of a revolution and war over this whole thing as actually a silly idea, the mention of Danjel caught my eye.

quote to show what caught my eye
Danjel unstickies the BritPol thread, and thus the conversation resulting in Invi's moved thread. In my view, Invi misinterpreted Danjel's intent, and thus Invi thinks Danjel is out to get him and Danjel thinks Invi is an idiot twit who doesn't listen. Neither are right, but it evolves and the feeling of British Persetution entrenches itself.

If Danjel is the mod you continually were referring to, the one who moved your threads, the one who threatened you with banning, the one who disabled signatures for no reason, etc, I strongly suggest you report him to L0cke via PM, if you haven't already. L0cke has previously stated that if anyone feels a mod is abusing their power, being abusive to others, is incompotent, or simply made a questionable move, that that mod should be reported to him, Jackabo (sp) or Ling. Now, I was going to suggest that in the thread if it had seemed current and in use, but it seems not to be, but with the mention of Danjel I felt I should PM you about it.

The reason why Danjel caught my eye is because I personally know three friends of mine who have already 'had' to report that mod for abuse. One of them had his signature dissabled because Danjel wasnt sure if an image he saw was under 100k in filesize and then when he was proven to that it was alright he acted as if my friend had violated a rule stating it was his job to make sure he was following rules (which he was). (This wouldnt be such a big deal if there wasnt a three strike system, if his signature is disabled again it's permanent because Danjel acted before having facts.) Another friend was harassed and threatened with banning because she questioned an action Danjel made, and the third was banned without any warnings because he made a stereotypical remark, obviously in jest, against himself. (Basically he said his people were nothing but drunk bruts and he was banned automatically, permanently.)

Basically, if he is the one that was wronging you like that, I suggest you simply report him straight to L0cke because this isn't the first time he's acted as such and won't be the last time. But for future reference, if you ever find how a mod is behaving as questionable you shouldn't feel hesitant to PM L0cke about it, he's a nice guy and very understanding.

-Hoping she didn't completey confuse you

(Name Removed)

Hello,

Your PM is very welcome indeed, am I allowed to post it in the GBG? We have a thread following the progress of events here.

I have sent a PM to L0cke protesting it my being twice reported unfairly by Danjel and his apparent unfairness has sparked an underground movement called GATMOB which has it's own hidden Guild and has on offsite communications network.

I aim to have my reportings removed and my name cleared, the gatmob want him de-modded and returned to member-status. They have a catalogue of unfair removals of signature images and instances where he hasn't given it back despite their having complied with his requests.

L0cke has not yet replied to my PM, but we are already working on a plan for if we never hear back from him.

Thankyou for your PM though, it has highlighted that we are not alone in this and that the problem is indeed more widespread.

Regards,

Invictus
(GC, Gaian British Guild)

Are you wanting to post the entire PM in the thread? If so, feel free but I think I'd prefer if my name wasn't used, because I'd rather avoid any problems from others, such as Danjel or others thinking I'm full of it or what not.

When did you PM him? The PM might have been pushed out of his inbox and he never saw it.

Series of PMs. I'll post the fuller set, you know where to find them.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:32 am
Invictus_88
(Name Removed)
Invictus_88
(Name Removed)
Forgive me if this matter has already been resolved but I cant tell if it has or not yet. If it has, feel free to simply ignore me but I felt like, just in case it wasn't yet (and maybe even if it is, for future reference) that I should give you my two cents on the matter.

Recently, because of the migration I had lost links to threads I was always in, one of them was Bono Vox's thread. Just the other day I went to see if one of the threads I frequented had come back to my ego-search and it hadn't, however Bono Vox's had. He had a link in it, the last post of the thread, that lead to another thread, that led to another thread, that led to this thread here. I took the time to read through the whole thread and, while I find the whole idea of a revolution and war over this whole thing as actually a silly idea, the mention of Danjel caught my eye.

quote to show what caught my eye
Danjel unstickies the BritPol thread, and thus the conversation resulting in Invi's moved thread. In my view, Invi misinterpreted Danjel's intent, and thus Invi thinks Danjel is out to get him and Danjel thinks Invi is an idiot twit who doesn't listen. Neither are right, but it evolves and the feeling of British Persetution entrenches itself.

If Danjel is the mod you continually were referring to, the one who moved your threads, the one who threatened you with banning, the one who disabled signatures for no reason, etc, I strongly suggest you report him to L0cke via PM, if you haven't already. L0cke has previously stated that if anyone feels a mod is abusing their power, being abusive to others, is incompotent, or simply made a questionable move, that that mod should be reported to him, Jackabo (sp) or Ling. Now, I was going to suggest that in the thread if it had seemed current and in use, but it seems not to be, but with the mention of Danjel I felt I should PM you about it.

The reason why Danjel caught my eye is because I personally know three friends of mine who have already 'had' to report that mod for abuse. One of them had his signature dissabled because Danjel wasnt sure if an image he saw was under 100k in filesize and then when he was proven to that it was alright he acted as if my friend had violated a rule stating it was his job to make sure he was following rules (which he was). (This wouldnt be such a big deal if there wasnt a three strike system, if his signature is disabled again it's permanent because Danjel acted before having facts.) Another friend was harassed and threatened with banning because she questioned an action Danjel made, and the third was banned without any warnings because he made a stereotypical remark, obviously in jest, against himself. (Basically he said his people were nothing but drunk bruts and he was banned automatically, permanently.)

Basically, if he is the one that was wronging you like that, I suggest you simply report him straight to L0cke because this isn't the first time he's acted as such and won't be the last time. But for future reference, if you ever find how a mod is behaving as questionable you shouldn't feel hesitant to PM L0cke about it, he's a nice guy and very understanding.

-Hoping she didn't completey confuse you

(Name Removed)

Hello,

Your PM is very welcome indeed, am I allowed to post it in the GBG? We have a thread following the progress of events here.

I have sent a PM to L0cke protesting it my being twice reported unfairly by Danjel and his apparent unfairness has sparked an underground movement called GATMOB which has it's own hidden Guild and has on offsite communications network.

I aim to have my reportings removed and my name cleared, the gatmob want him de-modded and returned to member-status. They have a catalogue of unfair removals of signature images and instances where he hasn't given it back despite their having complied with his requests.

L0cke has not yet replied to my PM, but we are already working on a plan for if we never hear back from him.

Thankyou for your PM though, it has highlighted that we are not alone in this and that the problem is indeed more widespread.

Regards,

Invictus
(GC, Gaian British Guild)

Are you wanting to post the entire PM in the thread? If so, feel free but I think I'd prefer if my name wasn't used, because I'd rather avoid any problems from others, such as Danjel or others thinking I'm full of it or what not.

When did you PM him? The PM might have been pushed out of his inbox and he never saw it.

Series of PMs. I'll post the fuller set, you know where to find them.
hmm interesting news..... very interesting indeed....
thank you for the update invictus.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:00 am
New message in the guild..

..of some urgency to those involved.

Invictus_88
Captain

Lord Jagged

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:04 am
It would seem that this mong cannot structure sentences correctly.
danjel
Lord Jagged
I would just like to point out that there are no guilds that are all about you. There is a guild that has mentioned you, but not one with you fully in mind.

Sure there is. smile Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it's there.

The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games