Submit

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:19 am
Where the heck did you hear that? Well, there goes pet therapy and social support. rolleyes And that's not even the point. The point is that you feel better by attempting to feel better. If you're sitting around emo-ing and whining about how much life sucks without raising a finger to change anything or even thinking that things will get better then, well, you've pretty much lost that battle. Faith in something, if even just yourself, is much better than wallowing around thinking that there is no point to anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:36 am
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
So my point is that religion is actually good for you, or at least faith or belief in something is, because it creates positive energy. Even if everything I believe in turns out to be wrong, at least my brain was happy (I'm not saying yours isn't, because as far as I understand you do believe in something). And a happy brain leads to a happy person. smile

Actually, studies show that a hopeful attitude doesn't help in the recovery of illnesses at all.

Show me your proof? Hopeful and Faithful attitude are just the start to help you get to a place of healing... God is the ultimate healer... As far as my proof it would have to deal with members in my congregation, of people all over the united states who have been healed by Jesus Christ, oh and all the people all over the world who have been Healed by the Wounds of Jesus... The simple fact is, is that you use the faith God has given you to have faith in not believing... You have been hurt, you have been pushed around by people who have cloaked themselves with Christianity but have no idea who God is... You run from God, and the idea that someone out there could actually love you... you are afraid that when God comes it will be wrath instead of Love... but you are mistaken... You have made up your mind on who God is without even getting to know Him... You have stood above God and Judge Him like you could have any concept in your mind of who God is. You point fingers, you come to shake peoples faith... But God is only allowing this so that you might hear the word, and for those of us around you who are in Faith with God to be strengthened.... You are Loved here regardless of how you act, how you speak... You aren't going to push anyone here to the point where we kick you out, or where we hate you... its just not going to happen... The Spirit of God reigns in this Guild and in the People who are here... and Where the Spirit of God is there is Love, Peace, Faith, Hope, Joy, Self control, and Love.

Pastor Danielle

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:27 pm
Danielle~SOC
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
So my point is that religion is actually good for you, or at least faith or belief in something is, because it creates positive energy. Even if everything I believe in turns out to be wrong, at least my brain was happy (I'm not saying yours isn't, because as far as I understand you do believe in something). And a happy brain leads to a happy person. smile

Actually, studies show that a hopeful attitude doesn't help in the recovery of illnesses at all.

Show me your proof?

Certainly.

Quote:
Hopeful and Faithful attitude are just the start to help you get to a place of healing... God is the ultimate healer... As far as my proof it would have to deal with members in my congregation, of people all over the united states who have been healed by Jesus Christ, oh and all the people all over the world who have been Healed by the Wounds of Jesus... The simple fact is, is that you use the faith God has given you to have faith in not believing... You have been hurt, you have been pushed around by people who have cloaked themselves with Christianity but have no idea who God is... You run from God, and the idea that someone out there could actually love you...

What does that mean? I'm quite sure my girlfriend loves me. I'm quite sure my parents love me. I'm quite sure my brother loves me. I'm quite sure my closest friends love me. I don't need an imaginary friend to love me.

Quote:
you are afraid that when God comes it will be wrath instead of Love... but you are mistaken... You have made up your mind on who God is without even getting to know Him... You have stood above God and Judge Him like you could have any concept in your mind of who God is. You point fingers, you come to shake peoples faith... But God is only allowing this so that you might hear the word, and for those of us around you who are in Faith with God to be strengthened.... You are Loved here regardless of how you act, how you speak... You aren't going to push anyone here to the point where we kick you out, or where we hate you... its just not going to happen... The Spirit of God reigns in this Guild and in the People who are here... and Where the Spirit of God is there is Love, Peace, Faith, Hope, Joy, Self control, and Love.

Tell that to that Cometh The Inquisitor guy who keeps insulting me. stare  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:53 pm
Quote:
What does that mean? I'm quite sure my girlfriend loves me. I'm quite sure my parents love me. I'm quite sure my brother loves me. I'm quite sure my closest friends love me. I don't need an imaginary friend to love me.

Love from people here is awesome and I am sure they love you the best way they can and with hearts that are honest... But love from others is only a poor reflection of the love we recieve from God... Its an unconditional, unfailing and prefect... I am sure you have read this scripture before considering its the top love quote ever...

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13 4-8

That is what love is, but Love is God... its who He is and what He does... If your family, friends, and girlfriend love you like that all the time and never stumble then you truly are blessed... But the truth is we humans have a tendence to faulter in this, we don't know how to truely love or be love because we don't know who or what Love is. What we dont know we are frightened to embrace... What does prefect love look like? what does it mean to be prefectly loved? Do I have to give something up? Do I have to let go of doubt and fear? The thing is, we can either be captive to our fears or Captive to the awesome love of God, which we can now recieve through Jesus Christ... God is not imaginery, He is the reason you get to experience this "earthly" love with your girlfriend, family, and friends. He is the reason you can even comprehend a part of what love is... For He created you in His image... and if God is love, guess what you are apart of that even if you don't see it... Even if you reject it spit it out throw it away... Its the truth...

Quote:

Cometh and I have completely different ways of handling ourselves... and trust me, Him and myself have had our own discussion on what is proper and what isn't... as I have asked you to be polite, I have also asked him... I normally don't confront people in the forums for there is no reason to rebuke someone in the threads... Just because you don't see action being taken doesn't mean it hasn't happened... I ask for your forgiveness in this, though... I would hope that we all could speak in here without insult... I am sorry you have felt insulted...

Pastor Danielle

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:22 am
Danielle~SOC
Quote:

Love from people here is awesome and I am sure they love you the best way they can and with hearts that are honest... But love from others is only a poor reflection of the love we recieve from God... Its an unconditional, unfailing and prefect... I am sure you have read this scripture before considering its the top love quote ever...

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13 4-8

That is what love is, but Love is God... its who He is and what He does... If your family, friends, and girlfriend love you like that all the time and never stumble then you truly are blessed... But the truth is we humans have a tendence to faulter in this, we don't know how to truely love or be love because we don't know who or what Love is.

Speak for yourself. I know who I love and I know who loves me.

Quote:
What we dont know we are frightened to embrace... What does prefect love look like? what does it mean to be prefectly loved?

See signature.

Along with Albert Einstein and Mahatma Ghandi, Dr. Seuss was the voice of truth.

Quote:
Do I have to give something up? Do I have to let go of doubt and fear? The thing is, we can either be captive to our fears or Captive to the awesome love of God, which we can now recieve through Jesus Christ... God is not imaginery, He is the reason you get to experience this "earthly" love with your girlfriend, family, and friends. He is the reason you can even comprehend a part of what love is... For He created you in His image... and if God is love, guess what you are apart of that even if you don't see it... Even if you reject it spit it out throw it away... Its the truth...

According to you. At least 4 billion people disagree, many of whom's opinions are much more valuable than yours. No offense.

Quote:
Quote:

Cometh and I have completely different ways of handling ourselves... and trust me, Him and myself have had our own discussion on what is proper and what isn't... as I have asked you to be polite, I have also asked him... I normally don't confront people in the forums for there is no reason to rebuke someone in the threads... Just because you don't see action being taken doesn't mean it hasn't happened... I ask for your forgiveness in this, though... I would hope that we all could speak in here without insult... I am sorry you have felt insulted...

Oh, I'm not insulted in the least. Us atheists are quite used to it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:40 pm
Lethkhar

Pfft. You got your proof from USA Today? -scans through the statistics- Yeah ... I wonder how much of that was actually experiments and how much of that was merely correlational study. And as far as I know, USA Today hardly counts as an authoritative, peer reviewed journal. rolleyes At least the last paragraph got something right.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:22 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

Pfft. You got your proof from USA Today? -scans through the statistics- Yeah ... I wonder how much of that was actually experiments and how much of that was merely correlational study. And as far as I know, USA Today hardly counts as an authoritative, peer reviewed journal. rolleyes At least the last paragraph got something right.

Do you have a more credible source that refutes it?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:48 pm
That would require me to actually use my school's databases and right now, I'm avoiding it until I have to do my projects. Once we cover that in my one class I'll get back to you. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Wind-Whisper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:27 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
I think what he was getting at was that Hitler felt the Jews had killed Jesus.

Frankly, I don't think Hitler cared a rat's backside who killed Jesus because he himself rejected Christianity and believed in a form of occultic neo-paganism that had become popular in the early 20th century, and which had some very peculiar beliefs. Calloing himself a Roman Catholic was only for convenience since most of the people he ruled were Roman catholics. His hatred of jews stemmed instead from something so engrained in his cultural background that he probably couldn't have explained even to himself why he hated Jews or thought of them as inferiors. Yet history has left us a curious clue. His maternal grandfather had a Jewish name, and after he came to power, he had his grandfather's little native town burned to the ground to destroy any possible documents that might show this. But some did manage to survive! This fact may have been so shameful to him that he wanted to stamp all references of it out of existance, including stamping out the Jews themselves. This kind of denial and self-loathing is not unknown for people of Jewish ancestry, and it is a very disturbing thing to realize how many of the world's worst anti-semites were themselves of some Jewish ancestry.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:08 pm
Wind-Whisper
Fushigi na Butterfly

Frankly, I don't think Hitler cared a rat's backside who killed Jesus because he himself rejected Christianity and believed in a form of occultic neo-paganism that had become popular in the early 20th century, and which had some very peculiar beliefs. Calloing himself a Roman Catholic was only for convenience since most of the people he ruled were Roman catholics. His hatred of jews stemmed instead from something so engrained in his cultural background that he probably couldn't have explained even to himself why he hated Jews or thought of them as inferiors. Yet history has left us a curious clue. His maternal grandfather had a Jewish name, and after he came to power, he had his grandfather's little native town burned to the ground to destroy any possible documents that might show this. But some did manage to survive! This fact may have been so shameful to him that he wanted to stamp all references of it out of existance, including stamping out the Jews themselves. This kind of denial and self-loathing is not unknown for people of Jewish ancestry, and it is a very disturbing thing to realize how many of the world's worst anti-semites were themselves of some Jewish ancestry.

Proof that Hitler wasn't a Christian?  

Lethkhar

SammiejoPeepEnstine

Gracious Entrepreneur

4,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:19 pm
I think however far you feel comfortable and you believe where God will take you!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:06 am
Lethkhar
Wind-Whisper
Fushigi na Butterfly

Christianity is more then just a religion, to find out if someone is a Christian compare them to the Characters of Christ Jesus and are they learning how to walk in that character, are they seeking after it, do they have the fruits of true repentance in their lives? Did Hitler meet though standards?

Pastor Danielle

Deo_Machina

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:39 pm
Danielle~SOC
Lethkhar
Wind-Whisper
Fushigi na Butterfly

Christianity is more then just a religion, to find out if someone is a Christian compare them to the Characters of Christ Jesus and are they learning how to walk in that character, are they seeking after it, do they have the fruits of true repentance in their lives? Did Hitler meet though standards?

But no human can ever get close to being like Jesus.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:37 pm
Exactly. The point isn't actually reaching that achievement- the point is the journey that takes you there.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Pastor Danielle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:10 am
Deo_Machina
Danielle~SOC
Lethkhar
Wind-Whisper
Fushigi na Butterfly

But no human can ever get close to being like Jesus.

What is impossible for Man, is not impossible for God.... Think of this statement that Paul said that I have understanding of now in more intimacy then I ever had before..... "I no longer live but Christ lives in me, the life I live is by Faith in Jesus Christ." Its not a matter of what I can do, or the things I can accomplish on my own, but what God can accomplish in me and threw me to let His Glory be known. You are correct by basic human standards its impossible for one to become like Jesus, but those who no longer live, but have the Holy Spirit of God Living in them can through the Power of God and Faith in in the God who created everything.

Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff