Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:05 pm
Rellik San
jaenus
Rellik Chan
jaenus
Rellik San
jaenus

I have no information about anti-matter engines but I do know that anti-matter do exist. CERN has already produced several particles but not enough for mass production as it takes a massive energy input to actually produce a few particles of it. Plus, the specialized equipment e.g. cyclotrons and the containers

Just a question. Don't anti-matter particles have an extremely short half-life?
Exactly why in 20 years, nukes will be redundant, anti-matter war heads will be the top of the line WMD of choice for major Nations.

We'll be expecting then another cold war and arms race or, worst case scenario, WW3. Humans will exterminate each other. The only things left will be cockroaches. twisted
Even roaches can't survive an anti-matter blast.

You'll never know. They're very adaptable as they have shown. Able to survive radioactivity and pesticides.

They can survive the fall out, but not the initial blast itself.

They would be killed in the initial blast, if a roach was out of the way enough, it might survive the aftermath.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:53 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
jaenus
Rellik Chan
jaenus

We'll be expecting then another cold war and arms race or, worst case scenario, WW3. Humans will exterminate each other. The only things left will be cockroaches. twisted

You'll never know. They're very adaptable as they have shown. Able to survive radioactivity and pesticides.

They would be killed in the initial blast, if a roach was out of the way enough, it might survive the aftermath.
Thats what I said....  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:58 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
jaenus
Rellik Chan
jaenus

Thats what I said....
Euh s**t...didn't read your post....sorry.

Now I feel like an idiot for quoting something I didn't entirely read.... xp Now WW3 must be planned speculated on....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:57 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
jaenus

Thats what I said....

Now I feel like an idiot for quoting something I didn't entirely read.... xp Now WW3 must be planned speculated on....
I reckon Japan will start WW3, simply because they'll get pissed off at the chinese forcing their economy back into collapse and they'll get pissed off at america for being douches and they'll get pissed off at us, for being america's lap dog. So nukes all the way the attacks will divide the world and WW3 will happen with no clear axis or allies this time, it will end up a free for all, and you know who'll win?

Friggin' Switzerland.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:56 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
jaenus

Thats what I said....

I reckon Japan will start WW3, simply because they'll get pissed off at the chinese forcing their economy back into collapse and they'll get pissed off at america for being douches and they'll get pissed off at us, for being america's lap dog. So nukes all the way the attacks will divide the world and WW3 will happen with no clear axis or allies this time, it will end up a free for all, and you know who'll win?

Friggin' Switzerland.
Yah, aren't they getting nukes now too?

Sweden will survive, they'll just dissapear off the map until the war is over...maybe I'll go there....

One of the Middle Eastern countries is going to get pissed off at their neighbors for making empty threats, so they'll finnaly nuke us (or someone...) The Asian countries will get pissed because they wanted to nuke us first and no one will support us because we're the world's "baby sitter", they'll also spring upon the oportunity to get rid of Japan/Korea/China whom seem to be in a circle of hatred, and all the Latin American countries will be completely ignored until the last half of the war when some new Revolution makes them worthy of recognition (or when Argentina stops exporting beef.) Every country with nukes will be bombed by everyone else with nukes, so at the end of the war they'll be no nukes left except for a couple that Iceland got a hold of and has locked up in some icy cavern...  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:48 am
Sooo Birth Licenses... yay or nay?

I say YAY!

Think about it, eugenics programs would remove alot of the idiocy in this world and to be honest, some people just don't deserve children. We'd see the idiots die out and before you start, lets be honest a second here:

The skilled labourers are intelligent people, the idiots tend to be middle management types, you know pen pushers who know one is really sure what they do, but they somehow justify a £50,000 salary plus bonuses based on performance.

So we wouldn't really be losing any of the essential work force with that.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:07 pm
Rellik San

I say YAY!

Think about it, eugenics programs would remove alot of the idiocy in this world and to be honest, some people just don't deserve children. We'd see the idiots die out and before you start, lets be honest a second here:

The skilled labourers are intelligent people, the idiots tend to be middle management types, you know pen pushers who know one is really sure what they do, but they somehow justify a £50,000 salary plus bonuses based on performance.

I say yay as well.

We could always replace them with robots in the workplace I suppose...

One thing I've wondered about though is how you can be sure that a child will have an intelligence that is at an acceptable level.....but overtime I don't think that problem would crop up too much....  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:06 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

I say YAY!

I say yay as well.

One thing I've wondered about though is how you can be sure that a child will have an intelligence that is at an acceptable level.....but overtime I don't think that problem would crop up too much....

Its not so much being an intelligent child, more when the child grows up having the kind of upbringing that makes them a socially responsible and contributive person.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:00 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

I say YAY!

I say yay as well.

Its not so much being an intelligent child, more when the child grows up having the kind of upbringing that makes them a socially responsible and contributive person.
Sounds like something that could be controlled....

Excellent.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:18 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

I say YAY!

I say yay as well.

Sounds like something that could be controlled....

Excellent.

Well of course, we can't risk any accidents of rebellions in the United Dominion of Rellik.  

Rellik San
Crew

ChiRubian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:39 am
Well, in terms of the country most likely to start WW3, North Korea is my bet. No one knows why exactly they are building their nukes, but they seem to have something going on. Hopefully Kim Jong Il's transition of power will prove me wrong on that one.
As for birth licenses, allow me to introduce The Darwin Awards "Honoring those who improve the species...by accidentally removing themselves from it! "
However people should be really careful with child behavior programming. If we all thought the same then there's a risk of intellectual progress coming to a complete standstill.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:43 pm
- N y z z -
Well, in terms of the country most likely to start WW3, North Korea is my bet. No one knows why exactly they are building their nukes, but they seem to have something going on. Hopefully Kim Jong Il's transition of power will prove me wrong on that one.
As for birth licenses, allow me to introduce The Darwin Awards "Honoring those who improve the species...by accidentally removing themselves from it! "
However people should be really careful with child behavior programming. If we all thought the same then there's a risk of intellectual progress coming to a complete standstill.

WW3... my bets on the states, getting an itchy finger, launching a nuke at a country just researching the technology as a "pre-emptive strike" and the rest of the world calling it a d**k move on their part.

As for birth licences, its not so much controlling how they think, more controlling who gets to have children.  

Rellik San
Crew

ChiRubian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:17 am
We're not not launching anything at them. =/ So far it's just frantic diplomacy, but that doesn't seem to be going too well. I doubt we'll ever attack them, we've already got the wars in the Middle East to worry about. The thing is that they're not "supposed" to have the nukes in the first place. North Korea is very aggressive towards South Korea and the US, which means a nuclear attack is very likely if they do complete their program. Their first target will probably be South Korea, then the United States. Eventually the whole world will be involved in total war.

Ah, I see. Sorry. =]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:26 am
I don't know, I think whats gonna happen is America is gonna demand one of these countries dismantles their nuclear weapons and that country is gonna go "You do it too and we'll comply." America will give their policing the world spiel, threaten war, the country in question will just go "alright then, if thats how you want to play it, ******** tha po-lice," and war will ensue, to prove a point that country won't use nukes, but the American intelligence will say a nuclear strike is imminent, America will launch a pre-emptive counter strike, the UN turns to America with an almighty "What the ******** guys? Dismantle your nukes, you well can't be trusted," america will give the defence speech, the UN will be all like "so why can't other countries have them then?" and America will give the world police spiel... and you see where its going.  

Rellik San
Crew

ChiRubian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:40 am
Very possible, but the UN doesn't like Korea having nukes either.

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff