Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Before it became popular... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A yaoi fan for how long?
  5 + years
  4 years
  3 years
  2 years
  1 year
  under a year
  can't really remember...
View Results

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:20 pm
yeah "LET IT GROW, LET IT GROW, LET IT GROW"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:06 pm
My friend introduced it to me during the summer of 2006. I think thats how I became bi. O.o  

Toko Boko

Lenre Li
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:43 pm
Wow... 5 years about, now. eek Was it a given to find yaoi/slash-themed fanart back then? *shrugs*

Well, I was 10 when I stumbled upon it, and I'm 15 now. surprised I remember reading lemons at 10-12... ninja

Holy s**t...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:20 pm
RionaDaidouji
I started liking it when I was in (I think) 10th grade, so that was around 2000-01... It all started with Gundam Wing, and 3x4 goodness. biggrin So that means... Wow, 5 or 6 years? Dude, I didn't realise it had been that long. XD Awsome.

I know I am using an ancient quote here but... holy sh*t, this is exactly me! I got into yaoi in gr. 10 in the same year, with the same freakin' pairing... Freaky.  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

GojakInucrawler

Aged Gaian

5,950 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:48 am
When I had just "graduated" from the 7th grade, I started to look around the Internet for anime and I came upon some yaoi fanfiction of Trunks and Goten from DBZ. That's how I learned about yaoi.

I was afraid of telling my sister, Brianna (who, by the way, is Iridesence here on Gaia). It wasn't until the second semester of 8th grade that I told her that I loved yaoi. It turns out that she loved it, too!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:12 am
God, I think I got corrupted into yaoi with Gundam Wing came out. I was looking for some pictures through a search engine and got smut instead. Man, I was so horrified back then XD

So whenever GW first aired on Toonami, I was drafted. If what I looked up is right, it was in 2000, so it's going on 8 Years now?

I was so horrified of telling me friends I was like: Hey, yo! I discovered something great... wanna see? It's embarrassing though. You can't tell a sole!!!

I dunno though, it kind of bugs me how mainstream it is. One one hand I like it cause it's easier to get stuff, on the other hand it bugs me because then I have to deal with the mob of people at stores.  

Mayze

palindrome88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:46 pm
Mayze
God, I think I got corrupted into yaoi with Gundam Wing came out. I was looking for some pictures through a search engine and got smut instead. Man, I was so horrified back then XD

So whenever GW first aired on Toonami, I was drafted. If what I looked up is right, it was in 2000, so it's going on 8 Years now?

I was so horrified of telling me friends I was like: Hey, yo! I discovered something great... wanna see? It's embarrassing though. You can't tell a sole!!!

I dunno though, it kind of bugs me how mainstream it is. One one hand I like it cause it's easier to get stuff, on the other hand it bugs me because then I have to deal with the mob of people at stores.

Oh man, it was the same for me. XD 7th grade, Gundam Wing. I found a 'lemon' fic on a website I was browsing and that was that. I read such an unholy amount of badly written 1x2 fics and tried a few myself that make me cringe with embarrassment when I look back at them...good times.

So yeah, it's been about 7-8 years for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:08 am
Let's make this Christmas...

Soon it'll be... 4 years, I think *^_^*
I discovered BL through a magazine article.. and I was like hey, that's hot. And BAM! fangirl.
...a real scream~

User_2629207

meow-ku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:45 am
I've been a yaoi fan girl before American Book stores ( sorry if this sounds offensive not try to upset ne one) could distinguish manga from western comic books

seriously i had to go through batman and superman to find half-dead manga and when i used to ask for them i would always get some messed up confused look............

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:47 am
User Image
Speaking completely...

BL/slash fandom is still pretty hush-hush where I am. mrgreen
I don't read Yaoi.

Hmm, but I think the first hint of fandom to come was when I read (and absolutely loved) the Last Herald Mage trilogy of fantasy books about, eh, two and a half to three years ago (Not much manga at that point.) In terms of age, that would make me about then to be... 12-13 years old. neutral
Then I was all over the rather slashy hints in DNAngel and such, but I only really started to get into the fandom a year and a half ago, and get things like Loveless and Earthian.
So does that put me at three years worth of fandom or one? Poll wise. xd

User Image
...Different languages.

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

Punk_kya

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:01 am
I don't know how long i've been a Yaoi fan i think maybe about two years  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:31 am
It's been a while now...sometimes I can't even remember myself... Probably 4 years ago. How? Still can't remember. Heh. xp But there were good times. Probably 4 years.  

Mika_Clari

- A y u C h u -

5,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:30 am
i think ive been a fan for about 3 years now 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:54 am
Im a yaoi fan since 2003 XD

But yeah i got really into it with Gravitation in 2004 XP  

-Saint Ayame-

Ichinilla

Friendly Gekko

6,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:29 pm
Started with Gundam Wing for me too. Cept, I'm not from America, so I didn't discover it that early. Must have been four years since, I think.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff