Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
Gravitation: <3 or </3? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So?
  <3
  </3
View Results

CandlelightsChaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:17 pm
I love Gravitation, however I prefer the manga over the anime series itself because they left way too much out. I mean leaving out bits and pieces are okay but they missed Shu-chan going to new york to sing, bleaching his hair blonde, him meeting K's wife(well sorta..) and even Reiji!!! But it's still a good series overall.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:52 pm
heh I guess I like it because well, I like cracked out hyper plotlines mixed with stupid american voice-overs. lolz but yeah I do like the manga and the anime is ..."o-kay" domokun but there are better ones out there 4laugh  

Mas

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:18 pm
LadyNox
@Jade Rotaski: You and I fundamentally disagree on everything lol. I’ve read the entire manga and seen the anime. I actually thought the anime was better than the manga because it ignored most of the manga. Murakami’s attempts at seriousness and angst were so pathetic and unbelievable, even for BL manga. It just seemed to me that everything she did in that series was very random and not very thought out.

To me this was her line of thinking: I want some angst now so let’s have Shuichi’s get gang raped. All right, angst done now, back to the crazyness! Oh but wait, Shuichi needs to deal with the rape angst right? All right, his great obsession with Eiri cures him of his rape trauma… yeah! That’ll work. Let’s all go SD now yay!

The only real consistency is Eiri’s trauma, which never is truly resolved I think. I mean there was that thing with Yuki’s sister/brother, which I thought made the situation worse. What was Murakami thinking? gonk

Do you think we'll ever agree on ANYTHING Yaoi related Noxie? XD I didnt think the manga was that random, crazy in parts yes (Three words: Giant...flying...panda) but not compleatly random! It did have a plot in there you know (Though sometimes you have to wonder where siad plot is) Though your theory on how Murakami's mind works made me giggle.

Have you ever read the novel of Gravi? That is actually really good and there nothing in it I dont like as a book XD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:06 pm
This was the first yaoi I ever read. <3

I LOVE MR.K! He's hilarious. And Rage. ^^

'Help! The household gorilla is trying to poo-poo on me!'  

Drakie Cakie
Crew

lawliet-senpai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:18 am
I love gravitation. I get why people wouldn't like it (maybe the drawings aren't your fancy, maybe Shuichi whines too much, etc etc) but I LOVE GRAVITATION!!! AN AM PROUD OF IT!!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:46 am
Dracavia
Gravitation will always hold a special place in my heart for being the first yaoi-ish manga I ever read, but there is definitely better stuff out there. I thought both the anime and manga were good, but not the best they could be. Still, it's definitely not the worst thing to read or watch, and it has a decent plot. And I love the music. 3nodding

Those are pretty much what my thoughts on Gravi are as well. 3nodding Also, I still squeal inside happily when I see a cute Yuki/Shuichi pic because it holds that special place in my heart.

I can understand the reasons why some people don't like it, though.  

Lum Cheng

GojakInucrawler

Aged Gaian

5,950 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:03 pm
I've only seen the anime of Gravitation.

I like the anime, but not so much. I mean, Yuki is cold and tries to distance himself from Suichi while Suichi aways tries to attach himself to Yuki. What's that word . . . oh yeah; "clinging".

I wonder how the manga is different . . .  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:14 pm
didn't like it one bit. I'm more of a yaoi girl anyways and the idea of rockstars is just so cliche  

chocolate milk3

PEELZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:40 am
I actually really dislike Gravitation. It's extremely annoying to me, and Shuichi looks so much like a girl, he might as well be one.

So, I don't watch it x3  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:03 pm
personally i like the manga but can't stand the anime.  

Your_Gaurdian_Angel92

1,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Autobiographer 200

Namika-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:18 am
I think that the word "hate" is way too extreme, since you've only seen a few episodes. Some people dislike it, some people like it. But hate? Come on...

I like Gravitation. It's not the greatest BL manga/anime ever, but it was still a nice read/watch. The simple humor thrown in was rather funny, and most of the characters were simply amazing. Note that I said most. The supporting cast was wonderful, but thought of Yuki and Shuichi still makes me cringe. Especially as a couple. There's zero depth, and I just can't see what's so great about it. Actually, it's probably the worst BL cannon pairing I know of. Needs moar Tohma x Eiri and Ryuichi x Shuichi. D: Heck, I'll settle for anything but Yuki x Shu.

The plot is a bit meh, but let's not forget that a large portion of yaoi-fangirls just adore pop/rockstars, so a manga and anime about it is appreciated. A sought-after plot, boys love and wonderful characterization is enough to make Gravitation so very popular and loved. <3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:51 am
I enjoyed the anime it was the first yaoi anime I've ever watched. It was very adorable not bad for someone new to the yaoi thing to start with. I've yet to read the manga or the novel.

The way you guys keep on talking about the difference and hate/love relationship between the manga and the anime reminds me of the often stated argument between normal books turned into movies. XD

Some are just good while others are horrible...I can't voice my opinion on that matter since I have yet to read the manga.

majorarcane

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games