Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PFRC Mentoring Program
Planeswalking - Updated! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annalixa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:05 am
Annalixa
Do you remember when you first began to "journey"? Have you always just done it naturally, or was there a day when you decided, "I'm going to see what the astral is like"?

Just a nudge, since I'm curious. Though if you don't want to answer, that's fine. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:41 am
Annalixa
Do you remember when you first began to "journey"? Have you always just done it naturally, or was there a day when you decided, "I'm going to see what the astral is like"?
Sorry. sweatdrop I got a bit distracted by other stuff...

There was one specific day that I began to journey. I won't go into the details of when it was, but it was before I moved to Ireland. I journeyed to my internal landscape and met someone very important. It was short and to the point.

Soon after I gave up on magic for a while because I did some research and came up with all sorts of crap about colors, candles, prayers, gods and bollox that I really wasn't interested in. I figured that was the kind of stuff you needed to do magic and I wasn't drawn to it at all. Especially since I absolutely detest incense. It took me many more years to figure out that the way I had practised was totally legitimate and that all the frivolity of stuff on the internet was merely a blind for what was really possible. So I threw myself into it with much enthusiasm and haven't looked back.

Really, my biggest problem as a teenager was thinking you had to be Wiccan to practise magic because it was all I could find when I looked. It was very off-putting.  

Pelta

wikkedpixie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:58 pm
SO this may sound really silly or even stupid... but does your god or goddess or even both choose u? redface  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:55 am
wikkedpixie
SO this may sound really silly or even stupid... but does your god or goddess or even both choose u? redface
There is no "both." Only one. I am henotheistic. I belong to only one god while still believing in the existence of others. I will even interact with them on some occasions, but I only ever belong to one.

It's not a stupid question, though I think I answered it a few pages back. I believe he chose/claimed me. I don't think this is the case with all relationships with gods. I know some have to be forged over time with applications for their favour. Others are inherited through birthright. It depends on the situation and your personality as to which gods choose to work with you.  

Pelta

Lyddie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:57 pm
This may be a silly question, but....what's it like?

I mean, if a newbie were to try it, would it be distinctly different from a vivid daydream or something similar? How do you know when you cease to be just lying there and begin to be Journeying?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:00 pm
I'm really wanting to ask some questions, but I'm not entirely sure where to start... I've been interested in astral travel in particular since my days as a Christian in early high school (excepting a fairly brief conservative period), and I've read up on it a bit throughout the years, but nothing has ever really worked for me. I think I've come close a few times, but I'm really not sure. I was intrigued by your mention of internal wandering. Do you have any advice on how to really accomplish this? Every time I've tried to go anywhere, be it internal or on the astral, I always end up wondering if I'm just imagining it - and I think that if I were really accomplishing my goal I wouldn't have any room to wonder.

I've looked into different pre-conceived religions of many different types and none of them seem to speak to me at this point. I really would like to use these types of explorational tools to help me find whatever path, if any, is calling me.  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

patience1984

8,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Healer 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:51 am
HI..I am new to the guild and nowhere near as knowledgeable or as confident in my personal pagan beleifs yet...but being here less then a day has already helped a lot so I have a good feeling. Anyhow, I think I have naturally (without planning beforehand) astrally projected two times in my life when I was not dreaming. I could not get enough of each experience, it was amazing during and afterward and I'm very interested in understanding and learning more about astral travel. I do have profound respect for your accomplishments and your sacred bond and justified secrecy. I hope I am not in any way offending you by my lack of knowledge..I simply hope to learn hat I can. I'm not sure if it is a good idea to post it here publicly because I can get feedback from many sources or if I have the option of discussing it through pm with you personally Pelta. Please let me know your thoughts and thank you for all that you do.  
PFRC Mentoring Program

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff