Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
OH DAMN IT Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:52 am
Nuri
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
There seems to be a lack of that in the book owners repetoire when dealing with the occult. The Peace Nook has some good books...muddled in with Ravenlamprey stressed . Then again, we can't expect the owner of that shop to be smart since he's a biased a** hole that takes advantage of the hippy movement. *The search continues*
~BAPS~

Look- I dislike Silver as much as everyone else. But she has the right to sell her books as long as we are in a capitalist culture and there are stupid people who will buy them.

Stocking the book does not make the owner stupid.

If it keeps the store in business, its not a bad thing.
Bingo.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:20 am
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
There seems to be a lack of that in the book owners repetoire when dealing with the occult. The Peace Nook has some good books...muddled in with Ravenlamprey stressed . Then again, we can't expect the owner of that shop to be smart since he's a biased a** hole that takes advantage of the hippy movement. *The search continues*
~BAPS~

Look- I dislike Silver as much as everyone else. But she has the right to sell her books as long as we are in a capitalist culture and there are stupid people who will buy them.

I'm not saying that she isn't, but the fact that more people know about her version of Wicca than the real one because of her books are everywhere kinda disgusts me on a personal level. She can sell her books for all I care, but some knowledge in what the monger is trying to sell off would be appreciated from time to time. Of course, the capitalist monger is also acceptable. The fact that she's everywhere just doesn't sit right with me.

He's not stupid because he stocks her, but he only almost only stocks liberal books that bash conservative standpoints. In other words, he indulges himself in one side of the argument and staunchly refuses to even acknowledge that he can't be correct because his entire stock is full of books that agree with him. He comes to my school even, and tells us that the armed forces are the equivelent of the Satan archetype and that no good has ever come of our army. He's stupid in my opinion, and he hasn't done much to convince me otherwise.  

Kal Eldritch

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:10 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
~BAPS~

I'm not saying that she isn't, but the fact that more people know about her version of Wicca than the real one because of her books are everywhere kinda disgusts me on a personal level. She can sell her books for all I care, but some knowledge in what the monger is trying to sell off would be appreciated from time to time. Of course, the capitalist monger is also acceptable. The fact that she's everywhere just doesn't sit right with me.

He's not stupid because he stocks her, but he only almost only stocks liberal books that bash conservative standpoints. In other words, he indulges himself in one side of the argument and staunchly refuses to even acknowledge that he can't be correct because his entire stock is full of books that agree with him. He comes to my school even, and tells us that the armed forces are the equivelent of the Satan archetype and that no good has ever come of our army. He's stupid in my opinion, and he hasn't done much to convince me otherwise.
Wasn't aware that someone elses freedom of expression was so dangerous to you.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:23 pm
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
~BAPS~

I suppose Sovereign's Freedom to express that he thinks this guys sucks doesn't hurt you either, and your freedom to express that you think Sovereign sucks for expressing his opinion that this guys sucks doesn't hurt me either. And your freedom to tell me that I suck for expressing my opinion that his opinion on the guy doesn't hurt you or some s**t I don't ******** know doesn't hurt my dog, but instead I think we should agree that everyone sucks.  

Kalyani Srijoi

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:27 pm
Ban Triste-chan!

I suppose Sovereign's Freedom to express that he thinks this guys sucks doesn't hurt you either, and your freedom to express that you think Sovereign sucks for expressing his opinion that this guys sucks doesn't hurt me either. And your freedom to tell me that I suck for expressing my opinion that his opinion on the guy doesn't hurt you or some s**t I don't ******** know doesn't hurt my dog, but instead I think we should agree that everyone sucks.
Of course it doesn't. Hence why I was expressing it. twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:31 pm
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
~BAPS~

It kinda feels like you're putting words in my mouth...  

Kal Eldritch

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:41 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
~BAPS~

It kinda feels like you're putting words in my mouth...
I bolded the part where I drew reasonable conclusions from your statement.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:51 pm
It's not dangerous to me, it just peeves me quite a bit. I'm not going to sit here and say that he can't make money by pretending to be something he's not, because people do that all the time, but I'm entitled to say that I don't really like the idea at all and think that he's stupid because he trully doesn't know what he speaks about. I'm kind of...tired of explaining it though.  

Kal Eldritch

Charity.Solei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:57 pm
TeaDidikai
Charity.Solei
Um could some one tell me what IRAB Means? I've seen it used in this debate over and over again and I have no idea what it means. I'd like to be able to understand what's going on in the debate as I find it extremly interesting and helpful in clearing up what my own questions about Wicca and witch cults are.

I Read A Book- usually addressing the S. Cunningham and Ravenwolf Wiccans.
Ah. Ok. Makes sence to me. I wan an IRAB wiccan for a long time, now well I am a seeker of traditional Wicca and a practioner of my own some what ecletic (sp?) witch craft religion.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:57 pm
Heheheh...
I don't think I've posted it here yet... excellent... twisted
Honestly, IRAB Wiccans are the best smokescreen Mystery Wiccans could ever ask for, here is a handy dandy group which can (legitimitely it would seem) call themselves Wiccan, make sweeping generalizations, basically do their own thing which has nothing to do with the secrets being kept by the lineages, and garner all teh attention... a built in pit trap to catch those with casual intrest, or who aren't actually interested in what Mystery Wicca has to offer. This saves time and effort on the part of the Mystery practitioners, in the screening and recruitment process, and also sets up a convienent front to display to those who may otherwise not be able to stomach the actual mystery bits.
Disinformation for victory. 3nodding
Silver Ravenwolf, Mystery Wicca's best weapon in maintaining it's secrets. 3nodding  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:45 pm
Fiddlers Green
Heheheh...
I don't think I've posted it here yet... excellent... twisted
Honestly, IRAB Wiccans are the best smokescreen Mystery Wiccans could ever ask for, here is a handy dandy group which can (legitimitely it would seem) call themselves Wiccan, make sweeping generalizations, basically do their own thing which has nothing to do with the secrets being kept by the lineages, and garner all teh attention... a built in pit trap to catch those with casual intrest, or who aren't actually interested in what Mystery Wicca has to offer. This saves time and effort on the part of the Mystery practitioners, in the screening and recruitment process, and also sets up a convienent front to display to those who may otherwise not be able to stomach the actual mystery bits.
Disinformation for victory. 3nodding
Silver Ravenwolf, Mystery Wicca's best weapon in maintaining it's secrets. 3nodding
If... such is the nature of the Mysteries.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:29 pm
TeaDidikai

Fair point, I'm not Wiccan, so I can only speak from the position of secret societies in general. 3nodding  

Fiddlers Green

MorganeLeFaye

Moonlight Lunatic

13,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:39 pm
Wow....

All of this just confuses the hell out of me.

Cuntastic? Cunty?

xD

Cute, but I don't get it... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:50 pm
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

Fair point, I'm not Wiccan, so I can only speak from the position of secret societies in general. 3nodding
Fair enough.
I can think of a number of reasons to have secrets- not all of which are designed to keep people from understanding, but often practiced to keep from acting upon or bastardizing said traditions.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:56 pm
TeaDidikai
Fair enough.
I can think of a number of reasons to have secrets- not all of which are designed to keep people from understanding, but often practiced to keep from acting upon or bastardizing said traditions.

That is true, but until a representative of the secret keeping group steps forward and explains their reasons, all that I can specualte is that they keep the secret because they want to be able to choose who knows it.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff