Patricia Briggs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:03 pm
Okay, then I read that one. The next one comes out in a few weeks, doesn't it? It took me almost a year to get Silver Borne, it'll probably take me about the same to get the next one. XDD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:12 pm
So I was watching a show on Hulu and all of a sudden I heard something about "Mercy." I look... and it's a commercial for the new Mercy book.

...What the hell? o.O  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:18 pm
Makes sense since River Marked is supposed to come out some time in March. But it's in hardback so it'll be probably 6 months to a year before I can get a paperback copy.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:17 pm
But... a commercial. For a book. D: It's just so weird!  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:17 pm
They do that often. I've seen ones for Anne Rice, Michael Criton, Dean Kootz, etc. When you get to be a big authour....  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:05 am
So, the new Mercedes book is either coming out soon or has already come out (I can't remember). I also can't remember if I read the last one that came out. I've had this problem for the past couple of books in the series. I just got really tired of the series and the idea of reading the next one doesn't interest me at all, so then I don't get the next one until way after it's been released in paperback and by then I've forgotten which was the last book I read and the entire plot of the previous book so then I wait to get the "new" one even longer. And the Alpha and Omega series never really kept my attention. Too much of the same stuff! D:

I wish she'd done more with her other series. I'd like a follow-up to Dragon's Blood, or another book in the Sianim or whatever it's called series.

There are too many fantastic books out there for me to want to spend money on a series that I'm so ambivalent about.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 pm
Frost Burned comes out March 2013. I've run into the same problem you have with the Mercedes series. I just don't care about them anymore. Right around the Bone Crossed and Silver Born I really lost interested. They just started to seem kind of cookie-cutter somehow.

They're releasing two Sianim books both both appear to be omnibus of Masques and Wolfsbane. If that's true then there's now three omnibus of Aralorn and Wolf. ...Why?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:29 pm
Yes, that's exactly when I started to get tired of the series. They are pretty much all the same, and I have no motivation to waste my time on it.

While I actually really liked Masques and Wolfsbane... that's excessive. New book instead, please!  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:17 pm
I read Fair Game, it takes place just after the fae & werewolves announced themselves. It was interesting to hear the full reason for why the fae retreated to their reservations, but I just didn't care about the personal drama. It all felt rather, I dunno, contrived, maybe.  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:47 am
Took a shot at Frost Burned. It was same-old, same-old: something happens to Mercy/pack then she and Adam spend the book running around making dramatic gestures about how they're willing to sacrifice themselves for each other & their pack and along the way manage to save most everyone. Oh, and Adam has be to be an overprotective p***k all the time.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:29 am
I'm pretty happy with my decision to stop reading those books. XD

I wish she'd go back to either the Dragon Bones universe or the Masques/etc. universe. I loved both those series way more.  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:21 pm
I think pretty much anything not involving Mercy or the werewolves would be nice at this point.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:08 pm
Night Broken the 8th Mercy book comes out March 2014  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:52 pm
I've pretty much totally stopped reading her Mercy universe books. I don't think I bothered with the last two, and I only read the first Alpha and Omega one. If she makes more of the Sianim books (or basically any other series), I'll probably read it, but I'm kind of over the werewolves and everything.

Sadly, the werewolves are what make money these days, so it'll probably be a while before she goes to any other stuff....  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:21 pm
I know. Plus, all her characters' relationship drama is so much worse.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff