Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Have you ever been called a poser before? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xX(~homicidal_muffin~)Xx

5,925 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:03 am
By alot of people.
I've also been called a 'n00b' By some purple sheep with AIDS on this very site.
It broke my little heart.
surprised

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:00 am
No sad , I hate it when people call other people names...it just won't stop!  

+~Luna.Le.Fay~+

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:06 pm
I've been called a poser by so many people. I have never claimed to "be a goth". That's because I know that, if I do, I'm pigeon-holing myself into a stereotype or a category which I'd hate to do! So I wear makeup one day, black clothing the next, and I confuse people. So due to their own insecurities, I get called "poser".  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:12 pm
never. thankfully all the preps hang out in an are that i never go too so...they have been known to be freakin morons and call people posers for some reason i will never understand unless i read that section on conformity again in my phychology book.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:45 am
Yea...By myself...I think i am a poser. gonk I just don't know what i am.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:44 am
Just last week, I was yelling at some posers for calling me a poser.

Long story short, when I still had an IMVU account, I went into a chat room that was labeled something like 'goths welcome' or whatever. (Yea, I don't really label myself, but alas, I was bored and wanted to talk to others who also deal with the same BS everyday)
And the first thing someone says to me is "Shadow, you're not a goth." I was like "what the ******** hell is this kid's problem?" Obviously just because my avatar was in some regular jeans, and a black tee with the saying 'why be normal?' across it, I was automatically labeled 'not goth'. I asked them why they said that and you want to know what their reply was? "Compared to the others here, you're not goth." Obviously you guessed it. I had walked into a room full of skin goths who only went by the stereotype and not by what a goth really was. So I went on to bash them out for being idiots, and tried explaining to them why they were a bunch of posers, and how goth wasn't about wearing all black, and make-up, and looking 'scary'. How it was about seeing the beauty in stuff deemed 'evil', and how goth was all about the arts. They left a minute later. mrgreen  

Shadow`s Enigma

Apocalyptic Warrior

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:49 am
ShadowsMystery
Just last week, I was yelling at some posers for calling me a poser.

Long story short, when I still had an IMVU account, I went into a chat room that was labeled something like 'goths welcome' or whatever. (Yea, I don't really label myself, but alas, I was bored and wanted to talk to others who also deal with the same BS everyday)
And the first thing someone says to me is "Shadow, you're not a goth." I was like "what the ******** hell is this kid's problem?" Obviously just because my avatar was in some regular jeans, and a black tee with the saying 'why be normal?' across it, I was automatically labeled 'not goth'. I asked them why they said that and you want to know what their reply was? "Compared to the others here, you're not goth." Obviously you guessed it. I had walked into a room full of skin goths who only went by the stereotype and not by what a goth really was. So I went on to bash them out for being idiots, and tried explaining to them why they were a bunch of posers, and how goth wasn't about wearing all black, and make-up, and looking 'scary'. How it was about seeing the beauty in stuff deemed 'evil', and how goth was all about the arts. They left a minute later. mrgreen

I hate people like that...

Wait...Am i like that?? I just don't know. I think i'm a poser...Bleh...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:43 am
I've been called a poseur before... It really baffles me... how would a non-Gothic person know the definition of 'poseur' when coming to the Gothic sub-culture? How would one of the kids in my Highschool that are self-proclaimed Goths even know? Most of them ARE poseurs... Walking around ANNOUNCING that they are Goth. I try to keep it as soft-spoken as possible. You know, how in highschools all the groups stay together? Well, I'm like the outcast of the outcasts, lmao. All the 'goths' form their own little group... whereas, I have a few select friends that actually know and care about the Goth sub-culuture and at least, SOME of the old 'gothic' type music and fashion style.
All in all, I'm not a poseur, and I get overly offended when addressed as such.

tetrasmaster

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:54 am
No, but I got called emo once, by some idiotswho didn't know what they were talking about.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:08 am
I got called that a lot at goth.net but never really in school or anything. I wasn't a goth as much as I was an outsider. We're too freaky even for the "goths." And I use that term lightly.

Eventually, I realized that this is a worthless lable that's best left at the high school doors. Whether you drop out or pass, once you're out of there for good, drop it. That's what I did.

I abused my free will and have been for years. I don't have an extensive gothic wardrobe but it's my chosen style and I've made it my own but I am far from goth. Of course, people with their limited minds make assumptions and label me as such but that's to be expected. Funny thing is, once I stopped trying/worrying about it, I turned out to be more goth than ever, according to my friends at least. xd

Lately though, I've sort of drifted from Goth and have drifted in to an army-brat/rocker sort of look.  

Junge Leiche

Desirable Cutesmasher

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:13 pm
I've never been called that, probably because I don't try to conform with a label, I just try to be myself. razz

A lot of my wardrobe would be considered gothic, but I just enjoy romantic and nostalgic looks, and black is my fave color for clothing (it's slenderizing! ^^).

Another reason why I may have never been caled a pouser is because my school dosn't really have cliques. Pretty much everyone gets along with one another. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:21 pm
yes i have but iam not a poser  

Willie-John[Abomination]

XxBloodyXWristxX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:09 am
lola_siannodel
Alot of the goths who are only into the gothic subculture because of music and fashion call me a poser. sweatdrop

So, have you ever been called a poser? By who?

Lol it doesnt matter if you are called a poser anyways lovely all it means is they are placing a label on something while they bish about "no labels" and "non conformity" if it is non conformity then why are they calling you a poser to begin with..seems they are confused themselves so pay it no mind xD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:26 am
I've never been called a poser... to my face at least stare

But I think I haven't been called one because I don't label myself anything. If I'm ever asked what group I belong to or something like that, I always say "everything" because I do... I'm friends with jocks, preps, ths(or what of those three groups my school has...) cliques bother me. Also, I don't dress goth, I just dress however I feel like, with what clothes I like. 3nodding  

Getsukodomo

[Ashes][is][Ashes]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:36 pm
Honestly
No
I haven't.
Technically, I'm not goth.
But I love goths.
And this guild.
And I love black and all black/color combos.
But no one really messes with me
Or calls me anything to my face
Because all my guy friends love me.
And would make sure no one says anything anymore.
Which, personally, I don't understand...
I mean, I know about the whole
"defend a lady's honor"
and all that jazz,
But I'm a big girl.
I can't take care of myself.
*Big meaning old not, well, big.*
*No offense to anyone meant.*
EDIT: Not OLD, just older.
Freshman.
Athletic freshman.
Who bites back.

~ Main Forum ~