Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What's the worst "cop-out" you've read? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Montypythoniisss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:01 pm
Yofiel
blackcatluck
on the note of turning the characters into girls.... an annoying amount of people do that to Duo. i can't stand it!! scream

aside from that... i hate the "i never knewi was gay until i met you" scenario and the "a guy likes me. no one's liked me before so i'll give it a chance. hey i like it!" scenario either. i see that one WAY too much in harry potter fanfiction

XD I dunno...I'v read one or two 'guy turned girl' fanfics that where actually really good... There was this one where Duo's in love with Wufei, who isnt really gay... But then something happens and Wufei gets thrown into an alternate universe where Duo is a girl, and apparently got switched with a gay version of himself who went into the world where Duo was a guy... It was pretty interesting X3 (but then again, the whole 'guy turned girl' thing wasnt really there as an excuse as it was to just be part of the plot...)

It sounds.....strange. But I 'dont read much fan fiction and in comparision to the completely INSANE stuff other people were talking about.....maybe it's not so crazy. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:22 am
Turning guys into girls is a stupid idea. What, so this guy can't fancy his male friend but he'd be totally cool with said friend becoming a girl? Huh, yeah, I think not.  

Pomba Gira

OokamiValkire

3,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:43 pm
One from the Manga Click, I know it's rather obvious that both of them are more than friends and that they both really like each other, I mean they fawn over each other a lot! 3nodding

But when the main character goes all, 'I'm a girl now, so I can't like him.'

Too me that was a little redundant!

Also, I read another in a Naruto ff, it was a Itatchi/Naruto pairing...

It was really good until it got to this part that Itatchi rapes Naruto, get's him preg and then ditches him. Naruto is really weird after that, he actually misses Itatchi and even goes to find him, even though, durring, the act he was shouting out that he was in love with Hinata!

I mean, that was totally crap! I couldn't read anymore after that, I mean who could possibly love thier rapist?! eek  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:16 am
OokamiValkire
One from the Manga Click, I know it's rather obvious that both of them are more than friends and that they both really like each other, I mean they fawn over each other a lot! 3nodding

But when the main character goes all, 'I'm a girl now, so I can't like him.'

Too me that was a little redundant!

Also, I read another in a Naruto ff, it was a Itatchi/Naruto pairing...

It was really good until it got to this part that Itatchi rapes Naruto, get's him preg and then ditches him. Naruto is really weird after that, he actually misses Itatchi and even goes to find him, even though, durring, the act he was shouting out that he was in love with Hinata!

I mean, that was totally crap! I couldn't read anymore after that, I mean who could possibly love thier rapist?! eek

Its called Stockholm syndrome.
Where the victim falls for the rapist.
Its rare,but apparently,it does happen.

Enzai Sebby3

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:09 pm
overlordofthepies
I think the overused DBZ one rubs me the wrong way a bit- largely because one fic used it, and it spread like the plague. But faster. And digitally. Once or twice I wouldn't mind much, but it is reused so much it has practically become fannon.

Basically, they made up the excuse that the Saiyans had a genetic bias towards being male, and so a greater percentage of the population were male, so a lot of them couldn't find women. So they couple up with men. It just seems really, really stupid, since nine out of ten times they decided to set the story on woman-rich planet Earth anyway. sweatdrop

Nothing was specified in the series-they simply didn't show many female Saiyans. Since the planet was all blown up and stuff.

What about the Nameks? That one just screams "WRITE A YAOI FIC!!" It's fine for that because it's an actual part of the cannon. But the stories that take a set race of creatures and say that there's only a single sex so everyone's gay gets really annoying, esp. when that race is originally multi-sex in cannon. I read a Star Wars fic of that--"all Mandalorians are male" my a**! I don't think I would have minded so much really if the writer didn't say "I tried to keep this as cannon as possible" gonk

Really, though I think that the reason some writers make the justifications is because deep down they're terrified of their work, the homosexual content. I don't blame them for that, don't get me wrong, because most of the time it's not their fault. I went to school with a kid who was secretly going about writing gay prons because she was terrified; her brother had the sh!t kicked out of him by their dad for being gay. She'd write FFVII fics where in the end Vincent would be a girl--this just incase ma or pop looked over her shoulder. It's a harsh reality. Sad too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:28 pm
i read a bleach fanfic ichigoXrenji arr it was so pointless it was all lovey dovey till the end where it was like Renji:"well this has been ...im gonna go marry rukia now cuz her brother told me too " Ichigo:"cool,cool in that case im gonna go sleep with inoue" (more or less anyway)whats the point of making it a yaoi fanfict in the first place scream

another one was an edXroy fic which was really good and hot but right at the end the writer must have gotten unconfortable or somthing
(actual ending)roy plush ed to the base of a tree and unzip eds tight leather pants ,eds fce became red with desire as his hand began to unbutton roys jacket ,roy push himself agaist ed nd began kissing his neck slowly working his way down,and then ...they did it under the tree
wat a let down that person needs to be shot or burnt or sothing

why do i have such bad luck with fanfic's crying  

ninja_xox

Ichikage Kira

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:16 pm
blackcatluck
on the note of turning the characters into girls.... an annoying amount of people do that to Duo. i can't stand it!! scream

aside from that... i hate the "i never knewi was gay until i met you" scenario and the "a guy likes me. no one's liked me before so i'll give it a chance. hey i like it!" scenario either. i see that one WAY too much in harry potter fanfiction

Hate all 3: female guys, Sudden gays, and harry potter fanfics. -no offense to anyone-  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:28 pm
can't say that I know any really......................

but why are the male gay characters that know that they're gay all girlish? like there is no real manly gay men in the world.

there is no "girl" in a man x man relationship, just men.  

kyoshiro elric

Sho_koi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:27 am
RionaDaidouji

It was in a Harry Potter fic, Sirius/Remus. It was set during Sirius's funeral, and Harry found out from Dumbledore that Sirius and Remus were a couple. When Harry asks "So Sirius was gay?", Dumbledore responds with "Yes, a lot of wizards are gay, that's why there are so few of us."

..... That's so funny...!!! hahahahhhahahaahhahahahahahaahha ....
sigh...  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces