Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Yaoi Fans Hate Girls? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hate Anime Girls?
  No, it's pointless
  Yes
  STFU
View Results

Yumi_Kirei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:31 pm
I've never done that. o.o I just watch the anime(And of course I slash), but I never actually got to the part where an anime girl ruined the show...I mean they have to be there, it's their plot. >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Kairi, from kingdom hearts should die .
sora and riku should go out 4laugh  

_KERRSHEY

such a mess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:09 pm
x_SadStatue
Kairi, from kingdom hearts should die .
sora and riku should go out 4laugh

I used to think that way too until Kingdom Hearts II. I realized the fact that, since she was mostly in a coma (in a sense) in KHI, she couldn't contribute in much of a way other than the princess in need of rescue. In the second game, she did somewhat stand up on hew own two feet - as much as she could.

And hey, if it weren't for her, Sora and Riku wouldn't have been together by the end of the second game. biggrin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:15 pm
I have never liked the main female of anything, ever.
It's not because of me liking a slash paring or anything... because i hated the females even before i knew what Yaoi was.
I just find them annoying. I mean, they ALL need to be protected, or care about feeling too much, or are way too obsessed with the guy they like.
See, thats why the android of the Xenosaga series is awsome... she practicaly has no emotion. (Robin from Witch Hunter Robin is cool, too...)
Its always about love with the main girls... it drives me nuts!  

Visual_Kiva

Kurai no Kuria

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:50 pm
I think the main problem here is that most anime is made by men who do little to look into the minds of females or they are selling to male majority and female stereotyping can be overlooked.
That and there is the difference in Japanese and American culture on viewing females (too lazy for that).

There used to be the whole silent, innocent, damsel-in-distress-ish, strength thing which I think Yuna and countless others were based on.
Then there's the hyperactive, caring airhead, etc., etc.

Guys also have their stereotypes in anime. But usually it is the male that is the main character and it is the main character that usually gets the main character development or at least get the story focused and that means pushing others into the background.
The female lead also plays a special role. I mean, who else would always be there for the male lead no matter what? If she is strong, stays innocent, and maybe doesn't think too much, it would be a guarantee. And a hell of a lot easier to write.

Females who watch can feel insulted, I think, on some level. Heck, some males who watch felt insulted.

And if that female lead is too...flat? of a character (no pun intended), what would anyone see in her? And having her win the main guy's heart is kind of threatening. Something to do with male lead usually=the representation of all that is good male and female lead=all that is good female. It says they are supposed to act that way or could be interpreted so. I think this thing also goes back in religious stories and so forth.

Then of course, there are the people who really do just hate because of the yaoi pairing. There has got to be another reason for hating besides that. People can't be that airheaded?/shallow?/petty can they? I don't know. I hope there really is no such person...leave me to my delusions damn you xd

edit: and I would also like to defend post-time skip manga version of Sakura. I thought she was awesome. She helped kill an Akatsuki member, that's something, and became a lot more focused.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:16 am
SonnysinMy_xcheerios
I dislike some anime girls, but for diferent reasons. Exampl: Sakura from Naruto. She's annoying, i dislike her personality. Also, Kairi, from kingdom hearts, she's really annoying.
But i like most of the girl characters in final fantasy, and the ones in digimon too.

3nodding yeah i agree.
the girls in digimon are really cool
but got sakura's personality is just so week

kainkuga

Palomino_Tenechi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:05 am
Some anime girls do have a tendency to become annoying. It always seems to be the damsel in distress needed rescuing by the guy. In regard to yaoi, some girls can ruin a certain atmosphere but then again, they can add to that atmosphere. Especially if a guy is coming in terms with his sexual preference.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:47 pm
I don't HATE them, I just dislike. I only hate girls when people destroy the best yaoi couples by pairing one (or both) with girls. Like, personaly, I don't like SakuraXSasuke or SakuraXNaruto, because Naruto and Sasuke is one of the best pairings in the show. Sakura can, like, have Kakashi or something...
Also, SoraXRiku is another great couple, and I hate when people put Kairi with either Sora or Riku.
Okay so I mainly dislike those two or their annoyingness, but still...  

spykitty93

Nobility Glistens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:31 pm
Yes, I love women in anime. I may dislike Sakura because of her personality, but I do like Kagome. She, while not physically strong, is quite tough mentally. I like that.

I don't see why it's that big of a deal. Sure, it's irrational for them to hate the girls over something so petty, but isn't that the point of a fan fic? To delve into whatever little disturbed fantasy you have and blow things out of proportion. Yes, I know, because of them we have all been stereotyped and I think it sucks, but I guess I don't see the harm in fan-girls hating hetero-pairings.

I think the logic behind hating a female just for Yaoi action is stupid, but as I said before, I don't see the problem. Also, it’s as someone else said in the topic already, some idiot will just take his or her's place anyway. Besides, people are always going to hate a character for whatever reason. Hell, there are people who hate the main characters from Suikoden 5 because of their names.

Oh and, I want to make my position on this matter clear. I, in no way support hating a female character simply for Yaoi butt sechs. I find that idiotic and pointless; besides, if you want Inuyasha to hook up with Vash then go make a fan fic about it instead of hoping Kagome gets sucked into the wind tunnel. I simply don't see an issue with them conducting in the same practice that others have for years.

Kurai no Kuria
I think the main problem here is that most anime is made by men who do little to look into the minds of females or they are selling to male majority and female stereotyping can be overlooked.
That and there is the difference in Japanese and American culture on viewing females (too lazy for that).

There used to be the whole silent, innocent, damsel-in-distress-ish, strength thing which I think Yuna and countless others were based on.
Then there's the hyperactive, caring airhead, etc., etc.

Guys also have their stereotypes in anime. But usually it is the male that is the main character and it is the main character that usually gets the main character development or at least get the story focused and that means pushing others into the background.
The female lead also plays a special role. I mean, who else would always be there for the male lead no matter what? If she is strong, stays innocent, and maybe doesn't think too much, it would be a guarantee. And a hell of a lot easier to write.

Females who watch can feel insulted, I think, on some level. Heck, some males who watch felt insulted.

And if that female lead is too...flat? of a character (no pun intended), what would anyone see in her? And having her win the main guy's heart is kind of threatening. Something to do with male lead usually=the representation of all that is good male and female lead=all that is good female. It says they are supposed to act that way or could be interpreted so. I think this thing also goes back in religious stories and so forth.

Then of course, there are the people who really do just hate because of the yaoi pairing. There has got to be another reason for hating besides that. People can't be that airheaded?/shallow?/petty can they? I don't know. I hope there really is no such person...leave me to my delusions damn you xd

edit: and I would also like to defend post-time skip manga version of Sakura. I thought she was awesome. She helped kill an Akatsuki member, that's something, and became a lot more focused.

I agree, but I liked Sasori! Why can't they just kill off Orochimaru. He’s like freaking Naraku. He needs to die already.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:53 pm
There are quite a few people who want to destroy Ayaka-chan from Gravitation. I think she's okay, but lots of people don't like hetero Hiro.

And you do need some guy/girl relationships or it gets too unrealistic. All the guys can't be gay. That just gets too far out.  

Rainbow Phoenix

Riosin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:02 pm
Rainbow Phoenix
There are quite a few people who want to destroy Ayaka-chan from Gravitation. I think she's okay, but lots of people don't like hetero Hiro.

And you do need some guy/girl relationships or it gets too unrealistic. All the guys can't be gay. That just gets too far out.

You just described every BL game in Japan. X3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:51 am
[..If you cannot bite..

There are some anime girls that I can't stand.
Like Winry from Full Metal Alchemist.
She's okay at times, seeing that she have helped Edward and Alphonse a lot.
I like Lt. Hawkeye, but it annoys me that so many sees her with Colonel Mustang.
Darnit. He's with Ed!
gonk

..never show your theeth..]

Geraldine Way

A Gentleman Caller

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:34 am
Ha.
Although they can be annoying,
I don't really hate the girls...

But sometimes I do dislike them,
but it's never cause they ruin anything.

It's as other people mentioned,
and their personalities drive me insane [in the bad way]

Heh. I'm not a big fan of Kairi from KH,
just like a couple others in this thread,

but it's not cause I think Riku & Sora should be together.
I just don't like her personality.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:44 pm
User Image

heart heart  

kitty cat cupcake

oO-Ui-Oo

Friendly Puppy

13,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:17 pm
have hated girls in the past, still can do now actually, but its gottne better, i used to dislike girls cause i feel threatend by them, though nowadays its rare cause i dont watch dub anymore.

Yukio from Loveless and Sakura from Naruto are ok, but i suspect if i watched Naruto dub, i woulda hated her, her dub voice makes her sound mean >>;; same with tea from YGO her voice makes her sound dumb, the real girls i hate nowadays arnt usualyl involved with yaoi anymore really.

its only thoses girls who desrve to be hated i dislike (like Suzu from marmlade boy, and Arimi i disliked them at first, now thier ok)

and theres also Reiha from vampire Miyu (i really HATE her)

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff