Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Coming out about Yaoi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graceful crisis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:04 am
I'm very open about it to my friends/class. Mum knows I like shonen ai .
But no way in hell I'd tell her I like yaoi gonk Just today I pointed at two guys from my class,
riding the same bike, going: "That's so.. hot.."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:41 am
Hmm..

I think my mother knows.. That I have shounen ai manga/anime just from happenstance.. My dad doesn't know, nor does he need to.

I took my 9 year old sister to Otakon in 2005 and I had to use the bathroom.. She did, too, and as we walked along, there were these blatantly gay boys all huddled up together with signs and chains, the signs saying "Will Yaoi for food/pocky/hugs."

My sister says, "What's...ya-o-oi?"

Thinking fast, I say, "It's a type of anime.. with..vampires..and.."

"Is it violent?"

"Yes, and it's not appropriate for children."

"Oh. Okay."

"-__________-;;"

And with my 10 year old brother it happened when I got my Gravitation boxset.

"Are those two guys kissing?"

"Yeah."

"Oh. Okay. Cool." And he sits down and starts watching it with me. sweatdrop

[SilentChaos]

Hatake-Azami

5,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:56 pm
Ummmm.. sweatdrop my parents do not understand the meaning of yaoi and shounen-ai. and they haven't investigated either thank god. they are pretty clueless, unlike my friends. we all swap books so we don't have to buy as many!!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:11 pm
i wish i could tell. but my friends would be too freaked out. i mean, i think im the one most obsessed with anime (that i know). tho 2-3 of my other friends are really into it. 1 is okay w/ it but isnt obsessd. i havnt told my parents, i change the page b4 they come. my friends are freaked out about normal anime craze. dang. who IS safe to tell?

my friends suppossed reaction:
User Image

my parents':
User Image what is it again??  

angelBmine

Look to the Skye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:55 am
I don't think I could tell my mother or her boyfriend. She's never really asked about the manga I buy, nor has my father when I go to the bookstore with him. My mother would scrunch her face up and probably freak, her boyfriend might actually start making fun of me for it, and my father could very well stop seeing me for a month or two. (This also shows just how disfunctional my family is. Wait 'til they find out I'm gay. cool xd )  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:20 pm
yeah, mom might think there was something wrong with me.. but, i'm an adult out of the house, so it wouldn't really matter, would it?  

savoury

yukaritomo

Rainbow Hoarder

31,525 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:42 pm
all my freinds know cause there the ones who started it about two years ago my freind gave fake vol7 without telling what it was . i was like wtf but then i was hoked my parents know nothing and i intend to keep it that way  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:18 am
Everyone that lives in my house knows.. along with most of my family. 8D;;

I always bought yaoi manga and stuff~ no one ever asked what it was.. then one day, Iwaslike "HAAAY LOOK AT THIS 8DDDD -shoves yaoi manga in their faaace-".. and they werelike "WOHEW e___e THAT'SOKAY".

They don't mind. :]]] and I'm happy 8D;

Tuxedo Douche

Amethyst Enchantress

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:53 am
This is why i love anime club

Everyone is just as weird as me! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:56 pm
My parents don't care, one friend is like "Yay! Loveless! xd ", and my best friend is like, "OMFG. burning_eyes ".  

marrrow

Kohl XII

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:38 am
The only family member that knows (to my knowledge) about my yaoi luff is my brother XP He doesn't care. I talk to him about it all the time. He just shakes his head.

I doubt my mommy would care, but I ain't telling anyone else...>.> Okay, maybe my granny if she ever asks, but that's it. The others would freak. So no....I'm still hiding it ._.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:01 pm
Well all my friends know because they're the ones responsible. Even my straight guy type friend! My brother knows and he dosn't really care. He's just kinda like "Eew?"
My parants can suspect but I'll never willingly tell them. They're not homophobic, just homo-disagreable. Only if they confront me on it and if that ever happens I hope I'm out of the house already.  

Katastrophic_Kate

Chef Naa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:15 pm
I'm not really in the closet but I'm not exactly out in the open either. I mean, if some one asks, I usually tell them "I like boys making out with each other." Any disgusted reaction would be met with full blown laughter.

In fact, I usually get hyper if I meet some one who shows an interest in it. Like at the Comic Con, I met this girl (who ran around hugging random cosplayers) who loved it too and the two of just went SPAZTASTIC. It was great.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:19 pm
I've been into anime and manga for years but I didn't know about yaoi until about a year or so ago. One of my best friends told me about Fake one day and I was like "OMG that is hot!!!". I didn't own any yaoi manga for a very long time and I was very nervous the first time I went to buy a yaoi manga with my mom, mostly because she didn't know I was gay then. Fortunately, she never took a moment to really look at the Gravitation manga I bought. I wouldn't be as worried about it now since I've come out to my family but I've still never really told her what Gravitation is about. Whenever she asks I tell her "it's about this kid who starts a band" wink
As for my friends, very few of them ever talk to me about anime or manga so I doubt they even know what yaoi is. I don't think they'd care though, they're cool like that. smile  

jubilantmisery

Ashira_Aria

Interesting Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:32 pm
I would be disowned by any member of my family if they found out. They are all homophobes except my 10 year old cousin and my 14 year old step brother. I talk about it all the time at school. Some of my friends may not care for it, but they listen to me and respect me. I have multitudes of pictures on my computer, so I'm only afraid of my mom or step dad snooping through my things on there...I can never get manga or anime till I move out, because they stick to me like glue at the mall.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff