Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~*Anime Garden*~ Main Forum//GD/ED
Pokemaster's Sanctuary. (Version 2, New First Post.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agent-Obvious

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:02 pm
rolling rolling rolling

keep those..... um..... I fergot the rest sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:04 pm
Lotus Angora
Magenta Placenta
Oh, yes.
Let's all place large supplements of beef on our back porches and be lords of the flies. Take your knickers off, loves! They're most likely going to turn into mice pretty soon.
I had to read a book called Lord of the Flies for school reading recently. >< It was a really good book, but I think the teacher rushed the analytical process too much.

See, I really love analyzing books and all, but it's not nearly as simple changing analysis, themes and messages back into a text that's easy on the reader. ><

But to get back on topic...*throws a huge T-Bone steak on the front porch* Let my demons spawn!
I knew that there was a book called that somewhere. I'll read it eventually.
I should have said Kings of the flies. It's a song by Fad Gadget. D:

I enjoy analyzing stuff on my own. A lot of the time people seem to have their own unique interpretations of what the text means.

Neeheehee.
*Tosses beef*

Magenta Placenta

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:08 pm
I think you'll like my story then. The girl I'm cosplaying as (nix the halo and that's pretty much her right there) is the protagonist, and in what could possibly be one of the hardest processes for me to understand we follow her travels through the inevitability of humankind to censor their own perceptions of reality through their beliefs and opinions and what-not, and ultimately we find nothing resolved and nothing gained -- because there is nothing to resolve and nothing to gain.

What I originally wanted was an interpretive piece -- one that wasn't made for casual reading, but instead for those who seriously wanted to learn something about their lives. The reason was that I wasn't writing it casually -- I figure that if I was going to work my a** off to write it, I'd make the reader work their a** off to read it. If I wanted the reader to enjoy themselves, I'd be enjoying myself, writing something carefree and lighthearted. But this is serious dark stuff. Nobody takes dark stuff lightly and easily. It's always heart-wrenching and hard to digest. Hard to understand. Pretty soon you're fed up with it and you don't want any more to do with it. That's what book I want to write. The end result is that you begin to read the book and you find that you're forcing your way into it, like you want to just eat away at the darkness to find the light within.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:12 pm
Haha. I officially feel incompetent in the writing department after reading that summary.
I'll definitely read it. I might have to wait until you have your final draft to read it. If it's as intriguing as I think that it's going to be, I won't be able to read it at intervals.

Magenta Placenta

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:15 pm
Magenta Placenta
Haha. I officially feel incompetent in the writing department after reading that summary.
I'll definitely read it. I might have to wait until you have your final draft to read it. If it's as intriguing as I think that it's going to be, I won't be able to read it at intervals.
Meh. I don't expect this to move mountains, in a manner of speaking. Like I said, this is my first try at a serious approach to writing something beyond, say, a post on an internet forum. It might work, it might not. I think I have potential though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:18 pm
Of course you can pull it off. You have plenty of potential. You're certainly a whole lot better than most of the elitist cunts on neopian writers or Quizilla or whatever else.  

Magenta Placenta

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:24 pm
Magenta Placenta
Of course you can pull it off. You have plenty of potential. You're certainly a whole lot better than most of the elitist cunts on neopian writers or Quizilla or whatever else.
Hold on, I'm gonna go look up the word "elitist."

*walks out, quickly comes back in*

So they're basically crazed idiots that feel that everybody should bow down to them because they're one of the few people on Neopets that actually has a half-assed ability to write (literately, at that *gasp*).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:27 pm
Lotus Angora
Magenta Placenta
Hold on, I'm gonna go look up the word "elitist."

*walks out, quickly comes back in*

So they're basically crazed idiots that feel that everybody should bow down to them because they're one of the few people on Neopets that actually has a half-assed ability to write (literately, at that *gasp*).
Exactly.
I'm the elitist of elitists... Sort of. As in I pick on elitists more often than I do the chatspeakers. They hate me.

Magenta Placenta

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:34 pm
Niiice. 3nodding

Those elitists are gonna have a real good time picking on my book...mainly because it follows a logical pattern. You begin to read the book and you find that you're forcing your way into it, like you want to just eat away at the darkness to find the light within. And just when you think you've found it...well, you certainly found it. Some ending, eh? It's technically a good thing within the perspective of it, but the reader is left wanting more, like there's something better out there. In other words, it's a huge run to disappointment. You'd be better throwing it out, but in doing so you find yourself wondering just what the heck you were missing, and eventually you may find yourself reading it anyway, to see what it's all about, right?
Well, guess what. There's nothing there. It's not particularly interesting, and it's not easy to read. In fact, it's a whole bunch of effort figuring stuff out for absolutely nothing in return. Why? Because trying to figure out the reason why humans inevitably censor their perception of reality with their own little veils and their agendas...is inconclusive. It's inherent -- we all figure out how the world runs through what? Our own viewpoint. It's inevitable; because we can only see the physical world through our concrete senses, and only we can have our unique combination of abstract senses that are gained through culture and upbringing and even present circumstance, everybody is going to see things differently. No two people will ever see anything exactly alike. It's always been that way, and trying to figure out why is a paradox in itself -- finding it out would only make sense from your perspective, and it would be impossible to teach it to anybody else. It is much better to just stop trying to learn this stuff and actually live your life.

To quote Kanye West, "He just wouldn't stop learning, and earning degrees...You know what's gonna keep him warm when he's homeless without money on that street corner? That's right -- those degrees."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:37 pm
Oh, please. They're simply pretentious a** holes who like to believe that they're above others because they know basic things like the difference between the words your and you're.  

Magenta Placenta

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:42 pm
Magenta Placenta
Oh, please. They're simply pretentious a** holes who like to believe that they're above others because they know basic things like the difference between the words your and you're.
"Lyek OMG your so reported!" xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:46 pm
omgz wat did i doooo???  

Magenta Placenta

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:48 pm
(*laughs* You know, if this wasn't following a specific context, I'd be breaking my own rule. XD)

lolz u uzed de holes word!! U r SO reported!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:50 pm
(XD I've learned to never set standards for myself.)

o my gawd im sory i didnt realize i sed tat!!! it waz a slip^ i sware!!!! gonk crying stressed stressed gonk crying gonk

Magenta Placenta

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:52 pm
I think through this little exchange of illiteracies I've rediscovered why I don't chat on the NeoBoards anymore. XD

And why I became a regular with you guys back when we were on Neopets. It's simple -- you were literate, they weren't. Guess who I sided with.  
~*Anime Garden*~ Main Forum//GD/ED

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff