Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

census
  +1
View Results

metalfandragula

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:11 pm
KoRnfucius
Alright, well, currently I'm unmarked and unpierced. I did have both my ears pierced as a kid but I was allergic to whatever metal it was I had so it was constantly infected and a pain in the a**, and I let 'em heal over.

I want to get my right ear done at the top with a ring, I may get my eyebrow, I'm not sure, and I'm also debating the tongue. That one really scares me 'cuz of all the potential hazards with it.

As for tattoos, I've wanted a barbed wire bracelet for a long time, but now that I'm in the workforce I'm thinking I may have to make it an anklet instead. sad I want the FMA symbol too. I also thought about something on my abdomen perhaps a tribal heartagram like Ville's.

If you were allergic to the metal I would recommend titanium, titanium is the most body friendly and it would be extremely rare for you to be allergic to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:31 am
Ironically enough I'm against people I care about getting tattoos or piercings (it's a long and controversial story, don't ask) but my left ear is pierced (just a regular stud on my lobe) and I would like to get a small tattoo on my arm, but it's kinda fallen through and I don't know if I will be able to anymore.  

Ndoki

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:20 pm
metalfandragula
KoRnfucius
Alright, well, currently I'm unmarked and unpierced. I did have both my ears pierced as a kid but I was allergic to whatever metal it was I had so it was constantly infected and a pain in the a**, and I let 'em heal over.

I want to get my right ear done at the top with a ring, I may get my eyebrow, I'm not sure, and I'm also debating the tongue. That one really scares me 'cuz of all the potential hazards with it.

As for tattoos, I've wanted a barbed wire bracelet for a long time, but now that I'm in the workforce I'm thinking I may have to make it an anklet instead. sad I want the FMA symbol too. I also thought about something on my abdomen perhaps a tribal heartagram like Ville's.

If you were allergic to the metal I would recommend titanium, titanium is the most body friendly and it would be extremely rare for you to be allergic to it.

Piercing with a ring is a good idea because it's easier to keep it clean (personally recomended by my piercer), the ones I've had done with rings have been fine despite my body healing ridiculously quickly and not liking bits of metal inserted into small holes.

Titanium is good as well, sometimes it's a little hard to get people to pierce with it but any good place will (sometimes for an extra fee but it's worth it to avoid infections and nastyness)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:46 pm
A word of warning about Surface Piercings

Eyebrows, bellys, backs, necks, etc.

These are the hardest to heal, and can surface. This is because in ears and noses the piercing can be done far away from the edge of the skin, with surface piercing is only a small amount of tissue to stop your piercing from popping out.

IMPROTANT: When having a surface peircing go to somewhere that can show you healed photos of customers or to someone you trust. Most surface peircings fail because of incompetent piercers.

The human body does not like things being stuck into it. If it can find a way to get rid of something it will take that option. Therefore, rejection is far more common than you would think.

DON'T get pierced or tattoed while drunk, stoned out of your mind, or ill. yopur body cannot cope or heal well under these conditions. While drunk and high excessive bleeding and slow healing times are commonplace. While ill rejection is common because it is the easiest way to get rid of the foreign object. Also, be wary while you are ill of rejections, a piercing that hasn't healed fully can still reject even if it is a year or more old. Just because it's been there for two years don't get complacent, it can still pop out leaving scarring.

If you are unfortunate enough to have a piercing be rejected, get infected or fear something may be being rejected here are some tips:

First off, go back to where you got it pierced. Seems stupid but I've lost count of the amount of people (including myself) I've had to drag back to have it checked over. It's not stupid, don't feel bad, the people there are used to ii and will infact think you've got common sense.

*for infections or if it doesn't heal sometimes there can be scratches on the metal, if this is the case they'll change it for a new one**

If you are rejecting it then it's going to have to come out immedeately or you're going to have a scar (though, if you want one leave it. It won't be nice though)

For scar prevention here is the key: Savlon or other skin healing creams. It keeps the wound warm and moist, perfect healing conditions for the human body. Keep applying the cream to stop it from drying out and disinfect it and the area every night.

^I've found this very effective, with the wound healing closed in a matter of hours, not days as I was told it would do. There is also minimal scarring, just darker dots of skin where it piercing used to be.

If you have recurring problems with rejection, I'm afriad it may be because your body is too good at healing. I wouldn't recomend you keep trying because you're just going to end up with a lot of scars.  

Isobel Bellamy

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:24 pm
i got my ears pirced but my parents wont let me get anything else pierced/tattoed. when i'm 18 i'm running to the tatoo parlor  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:08 pm
Isobel Bellamy
metalfandragula
KoRnfucius

Piercing with a ring is a good idea because it's easier to keep it clean (personally recomended by my piercer), the ones I've had done with rings have been fine despite my body healing ridiculously quickly and not liking bits of metal inserted into small holes.

Titanium is good as well, sometimes it's a little hard to get people to pierce with it but any good place will (sometimes for an extra fee but it's worth it to avoid infections and nastyness)

I had a circular barbell, up to 2 gauge and after that just went to the inserts with o-rings. I take it out here and there and rub it on my shirt. When I was little I had the standard piercing, got infected a lot even though I cleaned it. Now I have it gauged (to a 00) and I never get infected. I'm guessing larger piercings = less infection.  

metalfandragula

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:34 pm
metalfandragula
I had a circular barbell, up to 2 gauge and after that just went to the inserts with o-rings. I take it out here and there and rub it on my shirt. When I was little I had the standard piercing, got infected a lot even though I cleaned it. Now I have it gauged (to a 00) and I never get infected. I'm guessing larger piercings = less infection.

Standard stud pierings are very aggrivating for infections, the only ones that have ogtten infected that I've had have been from studs from piercings guns....not the best way to get pierced anyway coz they're not sharp enough.

I don't have any gauged (everything's too close together), but I have noticed that the only problems from guages are from blow-outs and not infections. I think it's mainly becuase the guaging is so closely monitored and the constant healing to accomadate the streaching keeps the body in check with what's happening.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:44 am
Isobel Bellamy
metalfandragula

Standard stud pierings are very aggrivating for infections, the only ones that have ogtten infected that I've had have been from studs from piercings guns....not the best way to get pierced anyway coz they're not sharp enough.

I don't have any gauged (everything's too close together), but I have noticed that the only problems from guages are from blow-outs and not infections. I think it's mainly becuase the guaging is so closely monitored and the constant healing to accomadate the streaching keeps the body in check with what's happening.

Blow-outs, never heard of it confused . Tearing is possible, but the piercer tells you how long you should wait between stretching. I wait 2-3 weeks, but I also have a somewhat large gauge (00 = 3/8 inch). For the multiple piercing in the ears, as you said, my friend has 6 going on 7 in each ear, ranging from 12 to 16 gauge which is very good for that.  

metalfandragula

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:48 pm
metalfandragula
Blow-outs, never heard of it confused . Tearing is possible, but the piercer tells you how long you should wait between stretching. I wait 2-3 weeks, but I also have a somewhat large gauge (00 = 3/8 inch). For the multiple piercing in the ears, as you said, my friend has 6 going on 7 in each ear, ranging from 12 to 16 gauge which is very good for that.

Blowouts happen when you stretch too quickly, the skin tunnel is pushed outwards and you get a kind of 'lip' from it click here
Tearing is nasty, I've seen it *shudders*. I've got four in my left lobe and three in my right, though, I don't persoanlly wish for a gauged piercing though, I'm for more interested in collecting a large amount in both ears (getting my first cartilege soon xd )  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:35 pm
Isobel Bellamy
metalfandragula

Blowouts happen when you stretch too quickly, the skin tunnel is pushed outwards and you get a kind of 'lip' from it click here
Tearing is nasty, I've seen it *shudders*. I've got four in my left lobe and three in my right, though, I don't persoanlly wish for a gauged piercing though, I'm for more interested in collecting a large amount in both ears (getting my first cartilege soon xd )

Lovely pictures (sarcastic xd ). Actually my friend's ear sort of did that with he used plastic piercing. He's at a 7/8th right now, actually by now he might have a 1 inch.  

metalfandragula

mee_shee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:43 pm
Have :

3 ear peircings (6 holes if you're not understanding me)

Want :

Tattoos :
Lower back

Peircing :

Lip, and Nose  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:19 pm
Isobel Bellamy
metalfandragula
KoRnfucius

Why would it be hard to get people to pierce with it?  

KoRnfucius

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:38 am
I finally got my first cartilege piercing whee The people I got it done by were bad stare I only got good treatment when I threatened to leave and take my custom else where (yes, I should have gone to some other place if I was worried...but there was a real cute piercer dude sweatdrop ......that's a lame excuse and I know it)

Here's a tip: if the price seems too good to be true, it most likely is, I saw cartilege piercings advertised for £6 at a new place I hadn't been to before (they're usually £15-20), needless to say I thought "wow! new hole in me for cheap!!" so, I went in, paid for the piercing and was led away to the back room.

I was sat down, had my hair pulled out of the way, then the girl comes at me with a freaking piercing GUN and didn't even have any gloves on stare Yeah. Like I was gonna get pierced by her.

I practically jumped out of her way and proceded to make a damn big fuss biggrin

I complained that piercing guns aren't suitable for cartilege because they're too blunt and shatter the cartilege, a second guy flicked my ear and said if cartilege could shatter it'd shatter from a flick. Yeah. Right.

Being very british and complainy I refused to be pierced unless with a needle (which was £15) and they made a big deal, the third (this being a very small place so there wasn't much room to move) piercer backed me up and led me off to a cute little room (put on gloves!!) and jabbed the needle through my ear biggrin

Onto the actual piercing, it's still red (3 weeks later), and the pain only receeded after two and a half weeks, whether due to my body not liking it or shoddy workmanship I'm not too surem there's a suspicious lump just above the ring and still some swelling...time will tell what is to be the fate of my new piercing.....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:43 am
KoRnfucius
Isobel Bellamy

Why would it be hard to get people to pierce with it?

It generally depends where you go, some places won't unless you kick up a fuss, but if they're any good they will pierce with titanium especially if you say you've reacted to other metals before, if they won't pierce you with titanium then it's not worth it so go somewhere else.  

Isobel Bellamy

Silenus Slade

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:40 pm
ok, I want to get my first tattoo, but I don't know what I want exactly. I don't like color in tattoos, so I want to keep it strictly black. As for location, probably a shoulder because I can keep it covered for business or whatever (hey, just covering my bases...no idea what I'm doing when I get out of college). So, my question: Design. Any design suggestions? I'm shopping around.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff