Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion] why are there girls in yaoi guilds? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LostReality

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:41 am
well it was a girl who opened this guild to begin with you know, so really this guild is run on the desire of girls who want to see boys kiss boys blaugh

i dont mind that at all blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:24 pm
Kikyana Ookami
Why does it matter x___X? If this was a guild for gay men, then I could maybe see your point. But this is a guild ABOUT gay men. And last time I checked, women love gay men. That's why we're here >_>;;

People need to realize that they do not participate in "Yaoi" relationships. They participate in homosexual relationships. Yaoi doesn't mean gay. It's a manga/anime genre >>; You wouldn't say you participate in a "Sci-fi/Comedy" relationship, would you >>?
Nicely said! 3nodding  

Uncertainties

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:41 pm
I don't mind there being girls in this guild

Yaoi Fangirls are fun and I hang out with them all the time(they want me to get a boyfriend soooooo bad XD)

I see no problem

^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:42 am
Well, isn't this a FAN-guild? Yaoi isn't something someone ARE, it's a fandom and a genre and you can't BE that, you can just like it, be a fan of it. It's like saying "Hi' I am Sci-fi!" instead of "Hi, I like Sci-Fi!"

And moreover, most yaoi-fans ARE girls.

If you want to find gay boys, try join a Gay Guild, there is some here at Gaia... I think that's more suitable for you, if you tired of all these girls ^_^
Good Luck!  

Wires in a Box

Invisible Shapeshifter

11,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Generous 100

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:04 pm
Rio Ri
Ummm...too damn bad? confused I believe MistressPaco made this guild for anyone interested in shounen-ai/yaoi.

...That would be correct XD

*Replying to general topic now*

But Yaoi is not a 'Gay Guild'. Yaoi is a type of entertainment that was originally made BY GIRLS FOR GIRLS. The suddens urge in these past few years of gay-boys on the internet and, no offense, 'Yaoi Noobs' has confused and screwed the term horriably. I'm 22, I've been a fan of Yaoi for 8 year's officially, and 12 year's not so much. (As in I didn't know what it was)

The Gay Guild
The Yaoi Guild (Copywrite to YamiKruze, not me XD)

These are NOT the same, -at all-. Yaoi does NOT mean Gay, and Gay does NOT mean Yaoi.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:51 pm
Kikyana Ookami
Why does it matter x___X? If this was a guild for gay men, then I could maybe see your point. But this is a guild ABOUT gay men. And last time I checked, women love gay men. That's why we're here >_>;;

People need to realize that they do not participate in "Yaoi" relationships. They participate in homosexual relationships. Yaoi doesn't mean gay. It's a manga/anime genre >>; You wouldn't say you participate in a "Sci-fi/Comedy" relationship, would you >>?

incredibly well said... um... yeah, this post covered everything i'd've said.  

Sex on the TV

Koriyuki Kanade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:49 pm
User Image
I don't see where you can get off complaining about girls in a yaoi guild when A) your Avi is a gurl, B) Yaoi is made by girls for girls, I know this because I am a comic artist who does write yaoi, C) the moderater is a girl, if you haven't noticed! Yaoi ishawt. It's loved by both boys and girls, and if you can't grasp that concept, then that whole EQUALITY FOR EVERYONE thing is a little beyond you isn't! stare Pah!

Str8Gurls/GayGurls/BiGurls/BiBois/GayBois/maybeSt8Bois = Yaoi heart

DISCRIMINATION IS BAD!!! I DON'T DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU, DON'T YOU DARE DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ME!!! (I spend too much of my life supporting you to have amnimosity for lovin' love!)

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:45 pm
girls have every right to be here! One of the reasons why I'm in this guild is to show my support and have discussions with people who won't think I'm retarded for liking Yaoi & Shounen-Ai. This is where everyone is supposed to be able to share their thoughts and not be judged. stare  

KagesSanzo

Kaiju Koi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:14 pm
Because yaoi is directed mainly at female audiences for one...?
Honestly, I don't know what else to say. Your argument just doesn't make much sense.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
Because it isn't a lifestyle guild?

I'm all for keeping out of places that aren't aimed at you. Certain places are aimed more for men than women, and if this was a guild for gay men, i wouldn't be here. But it's a guild about manga, anime and all other sorts of homosexual entertainment, except for this section.

SyriMoon

AIRanimechiic

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:26 am
KaitouKunoichi
Because yaoi is directed mainly at female audiences for one...?
Honestly, I don't know what else to say. Your argument just doesn't make much sense.

DaemonRozalyx
The only kind of girl I have a problem with seeing in a Shounen-ai/Yaoi guild are those really annoying fan-girl types. Otherwise, meh, I don't really care.

((Hey, Spaz. heart ))

first, ooh ouch man! im an avid fangirl yaoi!!! (including doshinji, fanart, cosplay, roleplay, etc.!!!)

second, i can see why spasm_gasm (or what's the guy's name?) makes his/her point. technically even i can tell that yaoi & shonen-ai and basically BL is overly exaggerated, pointless, and unrealistic. (smack myself for betraying my otaku-dom!) but anyways, if it is because of this that pisses off spasm_gazm, leading him/her to get pissed off at fans, it's only right for spazm to protest that BL should be limited to a male audience and male creators so as not to continually creating a false imagery of real gay men. and because of this it can promote irrational stereotypes (such as all gay/bi men like rape, which i'm pretty sure is false). and im sure that's what is "irritating" spazm_gasm
...BUT....
this is america (or where i am is).
most yaoi/shonen-ai is made in japan. im not being racist or anything (because im an azn yaoi fangirl), but western and eastern "stereotypes" in gender are totally different (i know because of my relatives and uh... other manga)! so its probably perfectly fine for them to let loose their imagination! (wait, that's not right??? question )

... okay, now i don't know where i'm going with this.... (anyone want to continue for me?)

but anyways, i'm just ranting! (which is what this forum is for) and yea! ...
okay... anyways
OBSESSIVE YAOI FANGIRLS ROCK AND I WISH I COULD GO TO THE YAOI-CON DARNIT! (i live far away crying )
(i'm pretty positive we're all fans here, why else would we be in the guild?)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:08 am
Like everyone is saying, shounen-ai/yaoi is are anime genres(sorry if i spell things horribly here, its 4 inda mornin..) everyone likes what they want, and mostly, girls are into gay guys(idk, i just go by what i hear from friends) therefore, most girls are gonna join, it gives them something to enjoy, because yaoi is love, in most relationships there is rarely any. thats what i say smile  

baduhmtiss

Wench

Valcie

Feral Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:34 am
I'm here because I like and support Yaoi. 'Nuff said.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:59 pm
Hey, have you seen the blind man
In disguise
Looking for his eyes?

Hahahaha. Yaoi was MEANT for girls, loveling. Created for them. If you're looking for a hookup guild, then I'm afraid you found the wrong one.

Hey, have you seen the rain man
Looking to the sky
Begging for sunlight?

Drakie Cakie
Crew

Jenitorturer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:29 am
Well. I'm a woman, and I simply joined this guild because I respect the entire concept of a same-sex relationship. I admire the way two guys can express their love for each other.

I would not call myself a fangirl, because it sounds strange to me, and I don't go giddy at the word Yaoi.

Don't get me wrong, I like Yaoi, but I'd rather consider myself a respectful supporter, rather than a fangirl.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff