Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Are Asian Parents more strict than other parents? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Asian Parents more strict than other parents?
  Yeah, definitely!
  Nope, not really!
View Results

happynhyper

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:59 am
theyre more strict on SOME things but not many things  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:59 pm
I don't think that Asian parents are more strict, but that they expect more.

From what I know, they expect you to do well in school, they expect you to put schoolwork ahead of dating and having fun, they expect you to be what tehy weren't... Normally. And if it doesn't happen, they try to make you do whatever. It doesn't affect me as much since I'm not really interested in dating, and I don't really have time anymore for anything with all my studying. My parents don't object to me going out with my friends sometimes, but both them and I know that a sleepover during a weekend even with school, is too hazardous because there's a chance I'll lose even more sleep over homework and studying. So yeah. I guess it's pretty mutual for me. My parents expect me to get straight A's, but if they see me putting in a lot of effort and I can keep my GPA above a 3.75, they don't care since I'm taking 7 IBs next year...

Kyora

[.Nightmare Anatomy.]

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:30 pm
yes asian parents are strict but mine are loseing up because imma getting older XD  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:57 pm
NOTHING I DO IS EVER GOOD ENOUGH

THATS JUST THE WAY IT IS  

angelic_babi

Darkaznstargoddess

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:02 pm
I wouldn't say they are the most strict..
Others are as strict too.. It depends more on family values and culture.

Generally collectiveistic cultures are more strict because they emphaisis working together. So pushing for higher goals and succeding is an attempt to try to benifit everyone..

Besides that pride is another facter I believe, along with values and what they might not have been able to do they wish for their children to be able to have.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:41 pm
hell yea! asian parents are hella ******** strict cause even if i get a A- they yell at me and say that im hella stupid.........lolx sweatdrop  

watscrackin

CAP_10_12_06_ily

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:49 pm
yeah... with my mom it's always "You better get all A's! If not, no dance team." gosh.... and she nags me so much if i get a B.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:35 pm
my parents r too strict cuz if one of my siblings gets hurt i get blamed cuz i wasnt "watching" them what the hell is that?  

aznXXvizn

Certified Asian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:10 pm
sukiyaki93
I think Asian parents are heaps more strict than caucasian parents about everything; dating, studies, friends, etc....what do you think?

not my parents  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:34 pm
they're not strictest they just expect alot out of you and can sometimes make u do everything. The good thing is though when you older you most likely if you parents expected alot out of you and were at least a little strict you'll get a good job. My mom is actually not that strict she's still average asian strict but my friend has it way worse, but my parents did make me quit choir cuz i wasnt getting my hw done fast enough crying  

lollerskater123321

damatte

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:50 pm
I think it's 'cause they come from a country where hitting kids is allowed....like in school and stuff -_-; Caucasian people are used to the fact that it's against the law here in America, so yeahhh...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:10 pm
My mom doesn't care who my friends are......or about dating..........She only cares about school. Once she grounded me for not having straght A's.......  

Trick Larken

Miss Irene Adler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:26 pm
I totally agree.

My mom is so strict that she would never let me have a boyfriend until university.

Oh, and when I say, "university" and not college, I really mean university. My parents are so strict that they want to send me to a UNIVERSITY, not COLLEGE.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:35 pm
well for me it depends on the fam my parents grew up in. My dad is more strict, has no lifelong friends and expects me to be all the things i'll never be. My mom is less strict, accepts me, and has so many great friends who will last a lifetime. Its all because of their family. I'm not saying my mom doesn't expect things from me, she expects me to be many things. She just has less.. boundries? yeah. I hate getting compared to people who are just this good in piano/academics/foreign language/and crap. that's what my dad does. and he yells at me and when my mom asks him if he's yelled at me he says he hasn't! He compares me to people and I tell my mom about it and then he denies it again! it makes me so ******** angry.
My dad's like "your one of the few asians bad in math"
answer me this.. do all asians have to be GOOD in math? couldn't they be good in something else other than math/academics???? *sigh*  

Kakashi272

QTAsianGirly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:14 pm
XvXYuNiEXvX
I agree and I dont agree b/c sumtimes my parents r kool but sumtimes their too stricted.

I second on this statement. My parents are the same way. They can be totally cool with most things, but then other things... it's just their job to be strict about.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff