Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Rape/sexual assult....your opinion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Rape/sexual assult charges be the same as murder charges?
  Yes!
  No
  Depends on the situation
  who cares?
View Results

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:09 pm
Ndoki
I do agree with you somewhat Raethyn, but at the same time I don't. When you kill someone you're taking away the rest of their life. You are taking away another 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 or even more years of happiness. It's taking away the chance to learn and experience more. Being raped may take away some physical aspect, and it may have a psychological impression, but that can be overcome with time, in which case the person can live the rest of their life in peace and happiness if they so choose. Honestly if I had the choice I'd rather be raped and go on with the rest of my life than be killed. Also I think I should point out, my opinions are based off experience. I didn't exactly have some great experiences when I was a child, and frankly I'm glad, because I learned from them and became a better person. If I was killed though then that would be the end of things. I'm not traumatized at all because I learned to get over it.

Actually... I would have prefered to die instead of being raped.

I understand your points and all... but Rape leaves behind a HUGE impression.

Yes, you get over it after awhile, but there are things that can shove you back into that mind set.

Besides, some peoples reputations get ruined.

Your parents never look at you the same way.

You become shunned from everything.

You find yourself sitting out of certain activities with your friends because you're frightened.

Though, I suppose dependent on the situation, is how long they get jail time or whatever.

Date Rape drugs? Those are ok for the 3-9 years in my opinion. People should know by noe not to drink from a glass you haven't been watching the entire time.

Other than that, ******** 'em I say.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:47 pm
the only thing i dissagree with what you say ..is the date rape drugs.....yes people should watch their drinks but sometimes drinks are made that way and you have no idea...like there are tons of possibities of how they get their in the first place and sometimes you have no control over that...but again it depends on the situation  

Fallentowards

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:54 pm
Frankly... The only thing I have ever drank at a bar was a bottle of water... That I opened myself.

I take the precautions to avoid it. Why can't other people? The bartender probably won't mess with your drink. They shouldn't anyway. You buy your own drink, and you drink it. Once you set it down on the table, that's it.

Don't drink anymore.

Also... Don't barhop. Find one bar in your town or something. Because friends with the bartender, bouncer, whatever. They help you out and keep you safe.

When going to party's... NEVER drink the punch... Only drink things that you have broken the seal on yourself.

Don't let other people get your drinks... No matter how much you may trust them.

These are simple precautions to avoid falling victim to the date rape drug.

Since there's so many, it's highly avoidable. Besides, if you're at a bar to pick up guys/girls, you're putting yourself in that situation. Don't do it. Don't pick up a person at a BAR of all places.

A friendly game. A get together of your friends and their friends. The park...

There are more peaceful places to meet people.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:43 am
KupoWrath

Actually... I would have prefered to die instead of being raped.

I understand your points and all... but Rape leaves behind a HUGE impression.

Yes, you get over it after awhile, but there are things that can shove you back into that mind set.

Besides, some peoples reputations get ruined.

Your parents never look at you the same way.

You become shunned from everything.

You find yourself sitting out of certain activities with your friends because you're frightened.

Though, I suppose dependent on the situation, is how long they get jail time or whatever.

Date Rape drugs? Those are ok for the 3-9 years in my opinion. People should know by noe not to drink from a glass you haven't been watching the entire time.

Other than that, ******** 'em I say.

Uhh, maybe you missed it, but I said I have experienced it firsthand, and I have been over it for years. There's nothing that can 'push me back into it' nor has it ruined me, as a matter of fact, it has made me a better person and I wouldn't give that up for anything.

So, now, do you really think it would have been better for me to be murdered and lose all those lessons and not have helped all the people I have, instead of having the rest of my life to live happily and be a better person?

Also on the topic of date rape drugs.. I have only ever met a few people that agree with me, but there are a few.. and I'll say it now. If you're easily offended, stop reading. Anyways, my opinion on it is anything can be prevented if enough precaution is taken. Simple things like watching your drink at a bar, or hanging out with a friend. Taking a cab home instead of walking, etc. Also I find NO reason to have someone slip you a drug that's out of your control. I go to the bar, I order a martini, I see them mix the drink, pour it into the glass, and hand it to me. I then give them my money with the glass on the counter in front of me, I take my change and drink, and I go to my seat. Now see that? It was in my line of sight the WHOLE time, even being an open drink with no cover or safety seal, there is NO chance someone could slip anything into it without me seeing.. and furthermore I always have a group of friends with me, so even if there were drugs in it, they would be there to watch and take care of me. It's simple. If you decide to let someone else get your drink, don't watch it, go alone, etc, then you have to be responsible for the consequences.  

Ndoki

Vaporia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:08 pm
DR490N
the consequences for rape should be castration. it happens far too often in this city and it happens to too many people i know.
You are too right.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:51 pm
Fallentowards
ok Tough subject to face and or talk about, lets be honest, it's horrible, tramatizing and not something we want to encounter. The point of this thread is to have an open discussion about it, where people can openly talk about their thoughts and feelings concerning rape or possibly even reach out, tell their story and look into help. Even if you want to personally pm me that is ok. I want to create a good solid and supportive environment....so people who want to kid around and joke about it, you idiots are not welcome and i will report you.

So welcome all, come share, be open

kill the b*****d or b***h and be done with it  

Hunter of the Dammed

Beatngufan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:32 pm
I don't know what my opinion about the consenqes of rape should be, except for the fact that I was raped by an ex-guy friend 2 and a half years ago. When I reported my assault to the police, they did nothing. My family keeps saying that ` he was lonely . . . he doesn't know how to connect to people,' that is no excuse for what he did!!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:12 pm
Fallentowards
ok Tough subject to face and or talk about, lets be honest, it's horrible, tramatizing and not something we want to encounter. The point of this thread is to have an open discussion about it, where people can openly talk about their thoughts and feelings concerning rape or possibly even reach out, tell their story and look into help. Even if you want to personally pm me that is ok. I want to create a good solid and supportive environment....so people who want to kid around and joke about it, you idiots are not welcome and i will report you.

So welcome all, come share, be open

i hate the mf's who think they can get away with it... evil  

mechanical kitsy

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:21 pm
heck i say if some one rapes another person they should be put up for life or death (life in prison or death by leathal injection) but thats probably the vengeful evil spirit in me speaking. my step dad raped me for 4 years until my mom found out, hes charged for over 1,000 counts of rape...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:23 am
I have some mixed views, I was raped by one of my close friends when I was 12 and thought rgith there it was wrong depravedd just messed up! But now I start to think about it. Animals rape everyday no conciquence (sp) to them its like natural, we are animals we are smarter and have reason. but I see some not all but some rapistist as more animal than others instead of sick peices of crap.  

madwitch501

Kohanna13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:00 pm
I can see where everyone is coming from but I'm not sure what to say since I haven't been raped (I have had bad experiences but not as bad as rape) I always watch my drink, I know some of the signs of a tampered drink and I make sure to stay with mates in case of dangerous situations. But people need to kill off these myths (only girls and gay men get raped, they were asking for it, etc) if there is any hope for help.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:17 pm
Kohanna13
I can see where everyone is coming from but I'm not sure what to say since I haven't been raped (I have had bad experiences but not as bad as rape) I always watch my drink, I know some of the signs of a tampered drink and I make sure to stay with mates in case of dangerous situations. But people need to kill off these myths (only girls and gay men get raped, they were asking for it, etc) if there is any hope for help.

a lot of rapes happen without spiked drinks, too.  

mechanical kitsy

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:47 pm
Punishment of the rape of a woman...is virtually impossible to obtain. I was attacked and asaulted by a friend of mine some time back, if I thought there would have been some kind of law enforcement against him, yes I would have reported him. But, to be honest, I know what the conviction rate is. 1 in 20 reports result in actual conviction. 1 in 20. Keep in mind that the number of reported rapes is nothing compared to unreported.

The reasons for this? Well, I'll be frank, I don't think much of the majority of men. Rape of a woman is seen as a women's issue, why do I think this? Becuase it directly infringes on no men. People in power only protect those they feel akin to, those similar to them. Who's in power in my country? Rich middle-upper class white men. Protect the people that will help keep you in power and they will see to it that you will stay in that power.

During a rape trial, it is usually the woman who is on trial, not her rapist. It is she that has to prove the man's guilt, not the man prove his innocence. Anything is used against the woman, her dress, her behaviour, whether she has been drinking.

I was a friend, and I had been plyed alchohol, that would have automatically ensured his release. As a friend, I would have lead him on somehow, made it seem as if I wanted his advances, as I was drunk (thinking that it would be safe with a friend), several convictions have been overruled in recent years because the victim had been under the infulence, reasons cited as "drunken conscent is still conscent" despite if a man raped while he was drunk he'd be let off because alchohol impairs your judgement.

There are too many double standards in our judicial system for there to ever be a fair trial for both the defendent and complainant. And usually, its the women that have to live with it for the rest of their lives, without the knowlege of justice for them.

People ask why some resort to mob rule, and over the top reactions. Sometimes this is the only kind of justice women can obtain. However, with a new culture of crying rape, the victims, again, will be true rape victims, as they will be labelled as crying for attention.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:24 pm
it is horrible being a kid because its taking away your innocence  

bloodyandrea

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:16 pm
xXx kitsy xXx
heck i say if some one rapes another person they should be put up for life or death (life in prison or death by leathal injection) but thats probably the vengeful evil spirit in me speaking. my step dad raped me for 4 years until my mom found out, hes charged for over 1,000 counts of rape...

yep. he got senenced to 25 years, because he complied or whatever.
dont care. at least he got what was coming to him.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff