Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
Osiris City Bar Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:03 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
"They do," she said simply, softly. There was a peculiar look in her eyes as her drink was set hastily down before her and she stood gazing at her visage. "But Khayman is old and powerful, more so than Sleet or Persephone, so they can't quite challenge him. Besides, his age alone demands a certain respect, even if they hate him." She ran her finger around the rim of her glass several times, not daring to drink it, and eventually, unable stand the look of her own face reflected in it, pressed her finger firmly to the rim and pushed it so that it balanced dangerously on the bottom edge. "Besides, they know there will always be ones like me out there, creatures that would massacre them regardless of risk or consequences if they did anything to Khayman, even something as trivial as knocking him off of his throne."

"Your city is fortunate." He looked up, towards the rafters. "Age does not always guarantee safety. For many, it is more of a hindrance than anything else. Your Khayman must be quite clever to have lasted this long, even with your help." Vikteren was still for a few moments, then shifted his gaze to her. "How did you become acquainted, if it is not too bold?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:08 pm
Antha's great emerald eyes shifted to stare ahead of her for a moment before her eyelids came down on them, her black coated eyelashes spread out against her skin like a fan. There was a vague smile that lingered on her pale lips, like she might be recounting old memories and losing track of herself. "Khayman came to me for help, a wounded hopeless thing, and for a week I played his nurse, despite the fact that I was only a small child. And Khayman, never one to let anything decent go unrewarded, repaid me by setting me free of my prison." Without noticing she pressed the tips of her fingers to her lips, a peculiar gesture she was quite prone to in times of deep thought. "Anything more you might want to know may not pass through my lips. The secret is mine until my misdeeds sneak up on me to haunt me again for the entirety of my life." She gave a rather wicked little laugh, faint as it was, thinking that her words must have been more confusing than no information at all.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:52 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
Antha's great emerald eyes shifted to stare ahead of her for a moment before her eyelids came down on them, her black coated eyelashes spread out against her skin like a fan. There was a vague smile that lingered on her pale lips, like she might be recounting old memories and losing track of herself. "Khayman came to me for help, a wounded hopeless thing, and for a week I played his nurse, despite the fact that I was only a small child. And Khayman, never one to let anything decent go unrewarded, repaid me by setting me free of my prison." Without noticing she pressed the tips of her fingers to her lips, a peculiar gesture she was quite prone to in times of deep thought. "Anything more you might want to know may not pass through my lips. The secret is mine until my misdeeds sneak up on me to haunt me again for the entirety of my life." She gave a rather wicked little laugh, faint as it was, thinking that her words must have been more confusing than no information at all.

"Then I will not pry," he said, a brief smile crossing his face for an instant. "What of your other experiences with my kind? They cannot have all been so pleasant."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:34 pm
"Of course not," she said mildly, leaning back in her seat and folding her hands demurely in her lap. "Just last night I had one foot in the grave -quite literally I might add- when a vampire attacked my brother, cousin, and myself." Again the vague smile played on her lips, somewhat bitter perhaps, before she continued. "And the other two coven masters, Sleet and Persephone...they love to attack witches. Sleet even had the audacity to enter my house once and wait for me, sitting in my own parlor, then lash out at me like some savage beast." She gave a slight scoff and tilted her head as if again to hide from her company. "Few meetings between vampires and witches can be pleasant. Based off of these meetings, we judge the ones we have yet to be faced with. By the events that followed the sightings of other vampires, witches instinctively turn savage at seeing the face of another one." In some twisted form this could be taken as Antha's apology, though a very bad one. At the very thought of it, her all but failed attempt to apologize, a bare blush came to her cheeks even as her expression became something resembling frustration.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Average Doe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:04 pm
Volusia smiled, settling back in her chair. Tipping her glass back, she realized she had been, quite literally, perched on the end of it. She was somewhat embarassed to realize she had been listening into Antha's conversation. A faint blush came up to her cheeks as she rather clumsily dropped her mug on the table. The loud sound made her flinch slightly, and she gave it a stern look, telling is silently not to let Antha know she was there. She would surely find out of Volusia's nosey behavior. Her grey eyes searched the room for something to preoccupy her thoughts. There was nothing of interest, so she flagged down a waitress and ordered a beer, giving up all hopes of femininity. She hoped vacantly that it would be cold.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:45 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
"Of course not," she said mildly, leaning back in her seat and folding her hands demurely in her lap. "Just last night I had one foot in the grave -quite literally I might add- when a vampire attacked my brother, cousin, and myself." Again the vague smile played on her lips, somewhat bitter perhaps, before she continued. "And the other two coven masters, Sleet and Persephone...they love to attack witches. Sleet even had the audacity to enter my house once and wait for me, sitting in my own parlor, then lash out at me like some savage beast." She gave a slight scoff and tilted her head as if again to hide from her company. "Few meetings between vampires and witches can be pleasant. Based off of these meetings, we judge the ones we have yet to be faced with. By the events that followed the sightings of other vampires, witches instinctively turn savage at seeing the face of another one." In some twisted form this could be taken as Antha's apology, though a very bad one. At the very thought of it, her all but failed attempt to apologize, a bare blush came to her cheeks even as her expression became something resembling frustration.

He blinked at the mention of Sleet's intrusion, then shook his head slightly. "That is not possible." he said flatly. "I know it cannot be. We are forbidden to enter the dwelling of a mortal without prior permission--it may be taken by force, but I should think that your family home, steeped in magic as it has been, would prevent such an invitation from achieving his goal. This coven master--Sleet--he would not have been--" he stopped then, remembering his prior arrogance, and corrected himself. "I do not know of a way that he would be able to obtain enterance to your place of refuge," he said slowly. "It is concievable that he has found some loophole, but it must be small indeed. The only way he might otherwise be able to enter is by invitation, by one of the members of your household, but seeing how our two factions seem to be in constant vendetta, I do not think this likely."  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:23 pm
"What a lovely delusion," Antha replied softly, simply, as her fingers laced together beneath her chin. She could feel her cousin's aura creeping over her like waves of the ocean, but she paid it no mind for the simple fact that Volusia didn't want to be discovered. "Among some vampires that is a trait, yes, just as is the trait with some to wield fire, the very element of their destruction. But among others, most of the vampire population in this city included, such is not the case. And any spell we cast over something as large as a house is weak, a mere pestilance to a creature as powerful as Sleet." She thought obscurely of Mayfair Manor, the house created under Charlotte Mayfair's watchful eye specially to channel any magic near it so that no living being could enter unless they were indeed granted permission. These thoughts she was loudly loose with, trying to make him see them without having to say the words. And this way she went quickly over everything that gave Mayfair Manor that unique ability: the keyhole shaped doorways, the carvings on the borders of the windows, the paint on the bottom of the stone paths leading all over the surrounding yard and garden....there was no end to these motley pieces of protection.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:32 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
"What a lovely delusion," Antha replied softly, simply, as her fingers laced together beneath her chin. She could feel her cousin's aura creeping over her like waves of the ocean, but she paid it no mind for the simple fact that Volusia didn't want to be discovered. "Among some vampires that is a trait, yes, just as is the trait with some to wield fire, the very element of their destruction. But among others, most of the vampire population in this city included, such is not the case. And any spell we cast over something as large as a house is weak, a mere pestilance to a creature as powerful as Sleet." She thought obscurely of Mayfair Manor, the house created under Charlotte Mayfair's watchful eye specially to channel any magic near it so that no living being could enter unless they were indeed granted permission. These thoughts she was loudly loose with, trying to make him see them without having to say the words. And this way she went quickly over everything that gave Mayfair Manor that unique ability: the keyhole shaped doorways, the carvings on the borders of the windows, the paint on the bottom of the stone paths leading all over the surrounding yard and garden....there was no end to these motley pieces of protection.

"No warding should be that easily broken, still." he said softly. "Not even by a master vampire. It is one of the few bits and pieces of lore that hold power over our kind. Why do you think that vampires do not hold a greater piece of this world? Sunlight holds us back, we cannot cross uninvited over--certain thresholds, wards singe our flesh. Sleet cannot be so very old, if he has made such choices that cause you to frown upon his name." He looked down, shook his head. "Perhaps I am merely set in my ways."  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:31 am
"Perhaps," she said calmly, her eyes closing wearily as she sealed off her mind once again. "At any rate, Mayfair Manor is the only house able to keep the strongest of vampires from entering. We've learned it over and over again. And Sleet...we don't know very much about him, I admit, but he's one of the oldest you're ever going to find. That's why he's so very strong, and why he's so vicious towards witches as well."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:26 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
"Perhaps," she said calmly, her eyes closing wearily as she sealed off her mind once again. "At any rate, Mayfair Manor is the only house able to keep the strongest of vampires from entering. We've learned it over and over again. And Sleet...we don't know very much about him, I admit, but he's one of the oldest you're ever going to find. That's why he's so very strong, and why he's so vicious towards witches as well."

He pushed his black hair back from his face and frowned. "Perhaps I should meet this master vampire, then. The history of vampires is a long one, but..." he lapsed into silence, then stood abruptly and turned to her. "Antha--if I may--would you grant me permission to enter your dwelling, that I might find and speak with you once more?"  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:06 pm
Antha stared silently at him for a few more moments, somewhat shocked at this question. She still didn't know if he was really to be trusted, but then again she could probably take him if he wasn't. "Well...yes, I suppose that'd be alright." An inexplicable blush came to her cheeks, ever so slight yet still somewhat noticable on her pale skin. "If the occasion should rise, just ask anyone---human, witch, or vampire alike, they all know of it---for the location of Satis House."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:33 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
Antha stared silently at him for a few more moments, somewhat shocked at this question. She still didn't know if he was really to be trusted, but then again she could probably take him if he wasn't. "Well...yes, I suppose that'd be alright." An inexplicable blush came to her cheeks, ever so slight yet still somewhat noticable on her pale skin. "If the occasion should rise, just ask anyone---human, witch, or vampire alike, they all know of it---for the location of Satis House."

"Thank you," he said, giving a slight bow in her direction. "It has been a pleasure." And with that, he departed, out of sight in barely a second, the door swinging shut behind him.  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:30 pm
Antha watched him for a moment, a bit puzzled certainly and quite intrigued at the same time. Finally she clasped the collar of her dark red vinyl coat in her fingers and rose quickly to her feet, pulling the coat hastily over her arms before she rushed out the door to hail a taxi. She could feel a bit of heat emanating from her forehead and if she closed her eyes and took a look, she knew she'd see that she was sick with a fever. It was no surprise, really. After the abuse she had suffered as a child, Antha was a very fragile girl prone to sickness. It didn't help that she might have just made a very grave mistake.
"Don't fret!" she softly scolded herself after climbing in the backseat of the cab and telling the driver her address. "Honestly, Antha, there's no use in worrying. What's done is done. We'll just see what happens now..."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:41 pm
"Oh no!" Volusia murmered. She was returning to her seat with an ice cold beer. A good strong lager. She had been smiling untill she'd heard the words "For the location of Satis House". Her blood was running cold as the drink in her hands, and suddenly she had no taste for it. Her brown hair settled around her slim face, seeming to shroud it in worry. The creases in her forehead were pronounced once again, and her eyes clouded over. "Oh Antha." she whispered.

Average Doe

Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces