Both, duh!
  Neither
  Gold!
View Results

Pumkyn

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:39 pm
both, as long as they are well written  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:45 pm
I have to say that I enjoy both of the two types of stories. Though when I do think of fantasy I have to say: medival fantasy comes to mind. Though truthfully the thought of being able to weild magic or a sword is pretty appealing...

If your interested in modern fantasy that has magic in it I'd suggest reading a book called the Warriors Heir by Cinda Chyma, and it's sequel the Wizards Heir. Both very good modern fantasies that despite everything have swords and magic within them.

If you like medival fantasy then I'd suggest one of my favorite series Green Rider, & First Riders Call by Kristen Britain both very good medival fantasies.  

Tegan_Sky

lovebooks

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:30 am
I like a variety. keeps it interesting. I just want them well written.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:20 pm
I like Medieval fantasy way better becaude wen you hear the word "Fantasy", you think of the Medieval ages and dragons.  

TribesmanGaming

4,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100

^s.k.i.t.t.l.e.z^

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:59 pm
i prefere medieval (sp?) to modern, mostly because modern isn't really continueouse (sp?) what i mean by that is you can't (for me at least) reallymake cool alternate endings or add on, not only that but I have a hard time visualizing the characters to how i want to see them, like once i read war of the worlds and i couldn't make out the characters at all, but if it is a skilled writer i like both but lean to medieval.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:37 pm
Hmm, I seem to like Medieval fantasy more, it just makes more sense. Also, there aren't that many good books than can combine modern technology and magic and whatnot together without going too far into the future or making the story really cheesy.  

SexyDeity

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:23 pm
Can't decide. I love both  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:28 pm
Harbone
I like Victorian-era fantasy, or Turn-of-the-Century and alternate history stuff, really. I guess you could call it "gaslight fantasy."

But I think modern catches my fancy of the two choices offered. I used to really like Charles deLint type stuff, where the fantastic strongly contrasted with the everyday.

I like timeslips and "fish out of earth" stories a lot, though, because they make a nicer bridge from my standpoint in modernity to a secondary world.

(It's a rare term, which my not have seen much circulation, but Fish Out of Earth stories are those tales where someone from the modern world, or a modern world, A World Very Much like Our Own, in fact, gets transported to a wholly fantastic Secondary World, like middle earth or Agharta. They're easiest to get into.)

that is exactly my preference

Wiliam Morris (a lover of antiquity)
George MacDonald
Aladore
and just a little later, Lord Dunsany
James Branch Cabell
and Clark Ashton SMith  

chessiejo

thecentaurspromise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:42 am
I'm going to say medievel but I like them both. It's really hard to choose between types.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:39 pm
I prefer both! Anything that's fantasy I'm open to... 3nodding  

Iana_Rosterbom

Dapper Genius

Fruitzy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:22 pm
Medieval is much more appealing to me because it's still rather mysterious. I like reading about settings that don't really exist, heh.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:10 am
I perfer Medieval fantasy, I think. Modern fantasy is way to random for me and I like to read about magic and quests more than guns and technology. I have, however, come across some good modern fantasy so i can't say that I totally dislike the genre.  

the downed soul

Silver.-.Bullet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:34 pm
I like 'em both! Although recently I've been reading a modern fantasy series, The southern Vampire series takes place in modern Lousisanna where vampires are legally recognized and there are pleanty of other magical creatures wandering in you neighborhood and you probably just don't know it. i.e you boss could be a shapeshifter!

Medieval makes it feel like a far away place that is full of adventure, ect.
Modern feels like it could happen to you! (which is my life long dream!)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:02 pm
I own a lot of books and non of them are modern fantasies.So I guess you could say that I like medieval.  

ninja_lord76

MyLadyMandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:46 pm
Medieval.

Castles = Love.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items