Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ Avatar Alley ★ - Dress Up & Ghosting!

Back to Guilds

A guild for dressing up, ghosting, themed avis, contests, and more! 

Tags: avatar, alley, ghosting, dress up, avis 

Reply 🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸
Random Avatar Challenge--Split Complimentary--New Poll Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

To Scheme or Not to Scheme?
  Totally! All the schemes!
  Nope. No. Schemes are Tyranny
  Schemes are handy, but I like to break out of them on occasion
  Why is this a question? (Plat!)
View Results

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:10 am
mythological irony
I did Sunset & Decay for this one with Burgundy being the pivot. I had to go outside of my invo but I like how it turned out.

User Image

Looks so mystical! Is there a story behind this one?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:29 am
Fairly simple take, imperious x slushy. They both have cool. I was originally going to go for bubblegum instead of slushy but it's such a pain to search for.
User Image  

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:36 pm
Reiirin
mythological irony
I did Sunset & Decay for this one with Burgundy being the pivot. I had to go outside of my invo but I like how it turned out.

User Image

Looks so mystical! Is there a story behind this one?

Thank you! I don't have much of a story except that she's a fox spirit who likes shiny things and has sticky fingers. Some people view her as a deity and worship her, which she accepts because she likes when they bring her offerings.

Reiirin
Fairly simple take, imperious x slushy. They both have cool. I was originally going to go for bubblegum instead of slushy but it's such a pain to search for.
User Image

Awww, she looks so cute! I like the dichotomy of the cutesy and the baseball bat with nails. Her expression says she's not afraid to use it, I think lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:10 pm
mythological irony
I did Leonine (carnage, liseran, raven, karat) and Wilted (liseran, offblack, dandelion), with a touch of Dandelion (dandelion, vintage gold, offblack)

User Image

This one is amazing smile I love the double pivot you have going on here.  

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:11 pm
xyrelia
ooh this is rly up my alley
i present you.. blooming etoile (ft. duckling) with chiffon as the pivot color
in loving how they all blend together into a sort of impressionist painting...

User Image

I'm glad you like this activity! And you did a wonderful job. It really does look like an impressionist painting.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:13 pm
mythological irony

User Image

Good one! I like how you made burgundy the main color, and taupe does amazingly well mixed in with everything.  

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:15 pm
xyrelia
i made one more with (hyper)jay as the pivot color
goddess x thumbelina
User Image

What a beautiful avi! I never thought thumbelina would go so well with goddess, but it really does (there is a bit of a pinkish hue at the dark end of gaia orange, and thumbelina really brings that out)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:16 pm
Reiirin
User Image

I love the expressiveness of this avi. The face plus the bat is a great contrast.

And I hear you on bubblegum. Since pale bubblegum exists . . . it's the same pain of searching for regular sable when 'dark sable' is a thing.  

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

xyrelia

Benevolent Hellraiser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:00 pm
ZeeZeeMonster
xyrelia
goddess x thumbelina
User Image

What a beautiful avi! I never thought thumbelina would go so well with goddess, but it really does (there is a bit of a pinkish hue at the dark end of gaia orange, and thumbelina really brings that out)

oh you're right, cerise does bring out the pinkness of gaia orange. i feel like in thumbelina, the cerise sticks out like a sore thumb (can't resist the pun..) but when gaia orange is thrown in the mix, it re energizes the somewhat old looking (iykwim) thumbelina and tempers the intensity while making it look more modern. hyperjay is indeed the hyper version of jay, really a brilliant color i wanna see in more schemes.

i made one more, this time away from my usual fantasy goddesses,
dusk rose extravaganza (bruised x sakura)
yes the eyes are llike that on purpose. adds character!

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:39 pm
xyrelia
ZeeZeeMonster
xyrelia
goddess x thumbelina
User Image

oh you're right, cerise does bring out the pinkness of gaia orange. i feel like in thumbelina, the cerise sticks out like a sore thumb (can't resist the pun..) but when gaia orange is thrown in the mix, it re energizes the somewhat old looking (iykwim) thumbelina and tempers the intensity while making it look more modern. hyperjay is indeed the hyper version of jay, really a brilliant color i wanna see in more schemes.

i made one more, this time away from my usual fantasy goddesses,
dusk rose extravaganza (bruised x sakura)
yes the eyes are llike that on purpose. adds character!

User Image

I like the eyes--I'm a fan of character smile . I like the combination of the two schemes. Bruised is a scheme I have problems with--it always seems like it's lacking something yo me. But the sakura with the optional swampberry really fills things out/makes them complete.  

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

xyrelia

Benevolent Hellraiser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:45 pm
ZeeZeeMonster

I like the eyes--I'm a fan of character smile . I like the combination of the two schemes. Bruised is a scheme I have problems with--it always seems like it's lacking something yo me. But the sakura with the optional swampberry really fills things out/makes them complete.

YES! i rarely stick to just one scheme when building my avis bc i find most schemes restrictive and frankly one dimensional. they almost always need another color to make the scheme 'pop'. in this case sakura helps to give dimension and warmth that is lacking in bruised. makes the build more 'realistic'.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:44 pm
ZeeZeeMonster
mythological irony
I did Leonine (carnage, liseran, raven, karat) and Wilted (liseran, offblack, dandelion), with a touch of Dandelion (dandelion, vintage gold, offblack)

User Image

ZeeZeeMonster
mythological irony

User Image

Good one! I like how you made burgundy the main color, and taupe does amazingly well mixed in with everything.

Thank you! heart This challenge is actually really hard for me 'cause I'm not really a color scheme kind of person lol but I'm having fun with it.  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:14 pm
mythological irony
ZeeZeeMonster
mythological irony

User Image

ZeeZeeMonster
mythological irony

User Image

Thank you! heart This challenge is actually really hard for me 'cause I'm not really a color scheme kind of person lol but I'm having fun with it.

As long as you're having fun with it, that's what matters smile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:32 am
To be honest, most of my avatars probably qualify as some variety of pivoting (and half the time it's around certain shades of gold or crimson lol ) As a navy blue fan, I've been digging Auspicious and Deprived lately, so I figured I'd mash them both together in an outfit

User Image  

Ichigo Arerugi

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100

Aeternam

Captain

Fashionable Duck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:55 pm
Yay I love doing this!
I did Aurora + Nocturne (connected via Prelude Purple)
User Image  
🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces