do you think amy lee is a gothic?
  yes
  no
View Results

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:45 am
Rellik San
To be honest saying she's goth because of a stage personna is like assuming because Bruce Dickinson sings metal, he is uneducated. (Even though he's upper middle class, an Olympic class fencer and a BA Pilot.)

Exactly.

Look at Kevin Grevioux. He (an actor) has played nothing but thugs, hitmen, and bouncers his entire career. Of the 28 films he's acted in, he's played a guard of some kind (bodyguard and prison guard appear most frequently) in 15 of them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In real life however, he's a pacifist, and has a Phd in Microbiology.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:21 pm
Just a quickie... am I the only one that doesn't find her attractive, it looks like her face was put in a clothes press its so flat.  

Rellik San
Crew

ZhahiraRotting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:11 pm
Depends on what you'd really call Gothic, though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:30 pm
violetxrain
If people say you're goth, you're goth.
It's not like being black or white, male or female, ect.

It's a made up thing.

Then again if you say you aren't "goth", you're not.

Why would it matter?

I'm inclined to agree. Also, someone here also stated that they lost respect for Amy because she didn't recognize a lot of bands in the hall of fame she 'shaould have'. Just because someone has or has not previously heard of a band or does not like them does not give proper basis, in my opinion, to dislike/lose respect for a particular person or persons in general. Of course, that is just my input.  

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:40 pm
Lost_In_My_Nightmare
violetxrain

It's a made up thing.

Why would it matter?

I'm inclined to agree. Also, someone here also stated that they lost respect for Amy because she didn't recognize a lot of bands in the hall of fame she 'shaould have'. Just because someone has or has not previously heard of a band or does not like them does not give proper basis, in my opinion, to dislike/lose respect for a particular person or persons in general. Of course, that is just my input.

I think it was more, due to the fact she was unaware of the some of the key figures her stage persona follows. Lack of knowledge in what one is creating leads to claiming the old as new.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:48 pm
Rellik San
Lost_In_My_Nightmare
violetxrain

It's a made up thing.

Why would it matter?

I think it was more, due to the fact she was unaware of the some of the key figures her stage persona follows. Lack of knowledge in what one is creating leads to claiming the old as new.

And thus history is often doomed to repeat itself.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:27 pm
Dead Ed
Rellik San
Lost_In_My_Nightmare
violetxrain

It's a made up thing.

Why would it matter?

And thus history is often doomed to repeat itself.

5 years, and I'll be back in fashion.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:16 am
Nah, Cousin Amy's alternative rocker of some sort I'd say. *shrug* Normal girl with wealthy relatives. And a good fashion sense.  

Scathach789

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:03 am
EmoXPickles_________x
mortsanglant
I don't really care. But what I hate is the people that say Nightwish copied Evanescence. That really ticks me off.
WTF? Nightwish is no where near Evanescence.

I believe the opposite; I can't stand Evanescence.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:41 am
Candy Bomber
EmoXPickles_________x
mortsanglant
I don't really care. But what I hate is the people that say Nightwish copied Evanescence. That really ticks me off.

Also haven't Nightwish been around longer then Evanescence... surely thats pretty key in the fact. Besides where as Nightwish is purely operatic Evanescence is more just female fronted alt./metal band more like Lacuna Coil (who again have been around longer then Evanescence).  

Rellik San
Crew

xxxdeletemexxx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:29 pm
I frankly don't care if she's goth or not.

She's gorgeous and I love her voice and her style.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:20 am
Rellik San
Candy Bomber
EmoXPickles_________x
mortsanglant

Also haven't Nightwish been around longer then Evanescence... surely thats pretty key in the fact. Besides where as Nightwish is purely operatic Evanescence is more just female fronted alt./metal band more like Lacuna Coil (who again have been around longer then Evanescence).

Yup biggrin
I like Lacuna Coil and Nightwish (comfort music btw) tons more than Evanescence. Amy Lee's voice drives me up the wall.  

MEOWITSTERRA

TerminalStarSlayer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:05 pm
GilAskan
shadowcat715
[ In Other News! ]
ok I hope people don't get mad at me,
but I honestly think that she is NOT goth.
yes,
she is a very pretty lady.
and she wears nice make up.
that doesnt make her goth.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I like Evanescence, it's just she's not goth.

I too agree.

Her not being a goth isn't meant as an insult, nor should be taken as one. It's simply a statement of truth.
Exactly. She just isn't goth.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:51 am
Candy Bomber
Rellik San
Candy Bomber
EmoXPickles_________x
mortsanglant

Yup biggrin
I like Lacuna Coil and Nightwish (comfort music btw) tons more than Evanescence. Amy Lee's voice drives me up the wall.
Also Amy Lee's voice cracks and wavers everytime she tries to hoild a high note, she needs lessons if you ask me. Though i can see Evanescence slipping into the pop mainstream in a matter of time, going off the past few releases.

By the way... #In sleep I sang to you, our strange dueeeeeeeetttt, my power over you, grows stronger yeeeeetttt# Best version of that song ever. Though my favourite Nightwish song is Gatekeeper, I love big battle songs. :3  

Rellik San
Crew

xslipknotmaniacx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:54 am
i think she's a bit gothic  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items