Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Wicca Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:37 pm
TeaDidikai
Kudzu
Reijin-chan
It takes them about a year to reorganize and put together their life after initiation.
At the very, very minimum!
Would likely depend on how inclined you are to mysticism as a thought pattern.

Well, ideally, how inclined one is to mysticism as a thought pattern might be one of the things one's Initiators would look for and consider before Initiating one in the first place! Hence the seemingly high incidence of Initiation being a Big Deal for people. Only the people for which it will be a Big Deal are probably the ones who want/seek or are right for a Big Deal.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:53 am
TeaDidikai
What is Viviane's Lineage? (as Kudzu holds to the position that only Lineaged Wiccans are actually Wiccans)

Alexandrian. Traditional Alexandrian. Very much lineaged then.

Edit, I've looked it up. She is initiated in both traditions. Gardernian and Alexandrian.  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:23 pm
Elfin Brill
TeaDidikai
What is Viviane's Lineage? (as Kudzu holds to the position that only Lineaged Wiccans are actually Wiccans)
She is initiated in both traditions. Gardernian and Alexandrian.

Clarifying note for third parties that may be reading: Remember that no matter how many Traditions into which a Wiccan has been Initiated, they are identified only as the Tradition(s) they continue to practice rather than adding them onto Traditions they have abandoned.

EDIT TO THE FAQ: An important note to interested Seekers here is that A&J has reinstated the Seekers List. The contact information has been added to my FAQ and the partial text of the announcement is here. Remember to get a vouch for anyone who contacts you via the Seekers List.

Adam Pacio
1) If you are Seeking BTW training in a coven, send an email to
seekers@amberandjet .org. This email address is currently set up to come to
me personally, as current Moderator in charge of the Seeker's List (and I
believe a copy may run to Eddie & Theresa, as listowners as well).

2) You will be mailed an email with a questionaire to fill out. This
questionaire will include the basics of who you are, where you are, as well
as some open thought questions designed to help coven leaders get a sense
for where in the process of Seeking you are currently situated.

3) Take your time to fill out the questionaire and return it to
seekers@amberandjet .org. After that, your efforts as far as the Seeker's
List is concerned are done. [...]

When a new Seeker joins the Seeker's list, an announcement goes out to the
private Seeker's List immediately with their returned questionaire, minus
any identifying information. So, if Joe Brown from 10 Washington Street,
Plainville, Ohio posts to the list, it'll just appear as "Joe from Ohio", or
perhaps "Joe from Western Ohio". Email addresses will be taken out as well.

Every Sabbat an abbreviated list will be generated, listing only the
top-line information about each Seeker, again non-Identifying. ("Joe [M],
Western Ohio, 21+, seeking Gardnerian or CVW", for example) If a coven
leader sees the Sabbat Seeker's List and wants more information, they email
me back off-list and can ask for that Seeker's profile questionaire. Again,
non-identifying.

When a Coven Leader wishes to approach a Seeker for further contact, they
ask me, and I send out an introductory email to both parties at the email
addresses that the Seeker and the Coven Leaders prefer. The Introductory
Email contains some common-sense precautionary advice. If multiple folks
ask for the same Seeker, then the Coven Leaders are put in touch with each
other to work it out among themselves how they will handle it, and when that
is resolved, the Coven Leader involved will be given the introduction.

If an introduction goes well and formal training offers are given and
accepted, then an announcement goes out to the list that "Joe from Western
Ohio has successfully found a training group" and the Seeker is 'retired'
from the Seeker's List.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:22 am
Then I don;t know what she is, probably Alexandrian, because a lot of the Alexandrian covens in the Netherlands seem to stem from her. (It seems to be like that, because I have no inside info on the exact lineage. Traditional wicca, Gardenian or Alexandrian in the Netherlands don;t believe in giving out lineage. Something to do with oathbreaking. ) And I'm guessing from her books that she is practicing Alexandrian wicca nowadays. But that is just guessing, I guess.... redface

However... She does know what it is like to be a Gardernian and a Alexandrian priestess, so that must count for something and give her some authority on the matter. . confused  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:24 pm
Elfin Brill
Then I don;t know what she is, probably Alexandrian, because a lot of the Alexandrian covens in the Netherlands seem to stem from her. (It seems to be like that, because I have no inside info on the exact lineage. Traditional wicca, Gardenian or Alexandrian in the Netherlands don;t believe in giving out lineage. Something to do with oathbreaking. ) And I'm guessing from her books that she is practicing Alexandrian wicca nowadays. But that is just guessing, I guess.... redface

However... She does know what it is like to be a Gardernian and a Alexandrian priestess, so that must count for something and give her some authority on the matter. . confused
Indeed- but even then, she wouldn't release the information in her books. Oathbreaking and all.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:33 pm
Elfin Brill
I don;t know what she is, probably Alexandrian, because a lot of the Alexandrian covens in the Netherlands seem to stem from her.

That's one guess. Sometimes Wiccans can spend a period with one Tradition, Initiating lots of people and hiving lots of Covens before switching to another one.

Elfin Brill
I have no inside info on the exact lineage. Traditional wicca, Gardenian or Alexandrian in the Netherlands don;t believe in giving out lineage. Something to do with oathbreaking.

It's the same with my Trad here in the U.S.

TeaDidikai
Elfin Brill
She does know what it is like to be a Gardernian and a Alexandrian priestess, so that must count for something and give her some authority on the matter. . confused
Indeed- but even then, she wouldn't release the information in her books. Oathbreaking and all.

Agreed  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:34 am
[Kudzu]
I'm sure her death in 1999 has slowed her down, also. smile

eek She died? Well I guess her book "The natural magician" which was copyrighted in 2003 was made in spirit then.... eek

This is real news to me... crying And the persons meeting her this summer, were actually performing necromancing?

But seriously, she is still alive and well, as we are speaking. How come you thought she was dead?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:08 am
Elfin Brill
eek She died? Well I guess her book "The natural magician" which was copyrighted in 2003 was made in spirit then.... eek

This is real news to me... crying And the persons meeting her this summer, were actually performing necromancing?

But seriously, she is still alive and well, as we are speaking. How come you thought she was dead?

Oh s**t, I was talking about the wrong person. Nevermind! I got all mixed up and thought we were talking about Valiente when I came back to this post! Ignore me please! I'm leaving for a camping trip today in which I will be supervising almost 150 7th and 8th graders so my mind has been elsewhere with all the preparations! :/ I lied. Bye bye for a while!  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:58 am
[Kudzu]
Oh s**t, I was talking about the wrong person. Nevermind! I got all mixed up and thought we were talking about Valiente when I came back to this post! Ignore me please! I'm leaving for a camping trip today in which I will be supervising almost 150 7th and 8th graders so my mind has been elsewhere with all the preparations! :/ I lied. Bye bye for a while!

Well, I really thought I was missing something. smile

Have fun on your trip! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:43 am
Elfin Brill

I like the idea of practing necromancy on the living. I find the idea very amusing for some reason. sweatdrop  

TeaDidikai

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:16 pm
Elfin Brill
Well, I really thought I was missing something. Have fun on your trip!

Nah, just me missing a few brain cells. I had a good time on my trip, though. Now to sleep for an eternity.

TeaDidikai
I like the idea of practing necromancy on the living. I find the idea very amusing for some reason.

In some cases, it sounds like it could be messy!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:55 pm
[Kudzu]

TeaDidikai
I like the idea of practing necromancy on the living. I find the idea very amusing for some reason.

In some cases, it sounds like it could be messy!
Depends on the nature of the practice I would guess.

However, with a belief in reincarnation by Gardner's own works- it seems like that might be a legit practice. xd  

TeaDidikai

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Elfin Brill

I like the idea of practing necromancy on the living. I find the idea very amusing for some reason. sweatdrop

Did you know that communicating with someone while they are on a soul flight can lead to some very interesting information? If you believe you can do that anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:44 am
Did you ever mention what tradition your a member of?  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:17 am
loona wynd
Did you ever mention what tradition your a member of?
She's CVW- I want to say Kingston... but I could be remembering incorrectly.  
PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff