Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:56 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Hahaha dont be silly bannanas don't exist

Oops! I meant plantains! razz

Wait. what's a plantain taste like?

Edit: Potatoes, supposedly. :/

Lol  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:37 pm
So tell me about this "advanced technology"... What type of tech did you have in mind? (Do they have electricity or something?)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:27 pm
Haru Yates
So tell me about this "advanced technology"... What type of tech did you have in mind? (Do they have electricity or something?)

They have doctors. And they don't have electricity but they do have similar things to electronics like they might have a magical item that preserves food also going to make a test map now  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:35 pm
https://www.deviantart.com/xa44/art/Amap-770982467  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:23 pm

User Image

Kinda small, but it works. Would Terran have knowledge of what is what on that map?

So their technology involves medical breakthroughs... They probably have a better idea of how to protect themselves from illness then, as well "expert" surgeons, (compared to other towns, at least).

I like that.

A few other notes:

As far as calling the church a cult, when you mention "what a cult really is", do you mean the facts that cults are generally known to manipulate and/or extort money and stuff (or worse) from their members, and that they are often considered a "false" religion (or something like that)?
I don't really want to call it a cult either though... Maybe we should call it a small sect.

Would the doctors actually be at the church? Or do you think that there is a
clinic across the street? (I vote clinic.)

I'm also thinking of reworking Terran's main jobs to better suit the town and the circumstances. I think his volunteer work at the church would revolve around the grave yard, helping to dig graves and to exhume and deliver cadavers that have been purchased for research. I laugh at the fact that this would also expose him to researchers who might try to talk him into selling his blood. (He'd refuse. He doesn't trust them with it, as blood magic can be used to manipulate and/or control the person whom it belongs to. [unless you disagree, of course.])  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:33 pm
Haru Yates
Kinda small, but it works. Would Terran have knowledge of what is what on that map?

Yes, at least the stuff on that continent

Haru Yates
As far as calling the church a cult, when you mention "what a cult really is", do you mean the facts that cults are generally known to manipulate and/or extort money and stuff (or worse) from their members, and that they are often considered a "false" religion (or something like that)?
I don't really want to call it a cult either though... Maybe we should call it a small sect.

What I am saying is that by definition a cult is just a small religion. There is nothing bad about cults.

Haru Yates
Would the doctors actually be at the church? Or do you think that there is a clinic across the street? (I vote clinic.)

Probably multiple, most of which are no longer functional

Haru Yates
I'm also thinking of reworking Terran's main jobs to better suit the town and the circumstances. I think his volunteer work at the church would revolve around the grave yard, helping to dig graves and to exhume and deliver cadavers that have been purchased for research. I laugh at the fact that this would also expose him to researchers who might try to talk him into selling his blood. (He'd refuse. He doesn't trust them with it, as blood magic can be used to manipulate and/or control the person whom it belongs to. [unless you disagree, of course.])

You do you.  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:50 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Yes, at least the stuff on that continent

Ok, so what's what? (Or should I just wait and let you tell me later on a need-to-know basis?)

Xa44
Haru Yates
What I am saying is that by definition a cult is just a small religion. There is nothing bad about cults.

Um... about that... Yes, a cult is basically a small religion, but I wouldn't say there's "nothing bad" about them. Quite the contrary, most are considered to be quite bad today. Most cults are considered to exploitative and destructive. Subcategories include doomsday cults, personality cults, political cults, destructive cults, racist cults, polygamist cults, and terrorist cults (source: Wikipedia, among others). So even if a cult in and of itself is not a bad thing, they're associated with bad things. Many cults also use brainwashing tactics to keep their members in line and many excommunicate people who question their teachings and methods. (Even Scientology, which is famous, excommunicates people and doesn't allow them to see their family outside of the cult.) For these reasons, I don't view cults as good things.

If you still don't believe me, just google "Jonestown Massacre". Possibly one of the worst things a cult has done and just one example of what they are capable of convincing their members to do on faith.

I've no doubt some cults/religious movements that strive to become their own real religion, (and I'm sure that many medieval cults of saints had good intentions), but if they fall under any of the above categories, then they immediately loose any respect from me. (No Koolaid for me, thanks.)
...Sorry for the tangent.

Xa44
Haru Yates
Would the doctors actually be at the church? Or do you think that there is a clinic across the street? (I vote clinic.)
Probably multiple, most of which are no longer functional.

Cool! Are they haunted? decrepit? Occupied by crazy or homeless people? ...Does an abandoned undead guy roam the basement of one of them? lol. (I'm half-kidding.)

Edit: I'm thinking that I'm going to make Terran's primary occupation a part-time gravedigger, which is also a partial cover for being a sort of a hired grave robber. He helps to dig the graves as well as to exhume bodies, and he retrieves items from the dead upon request, even if the person has no business requesting such items. (This isn't limited to just items of value, but also extends to body parts or even the whole corpse, so he has some knowledge of dissection). Valuable items that are taken just for the hell of it are later sold through underground auctions put on by the church. (yeah, I guess that does make them pretty corrupt. The money raised goes towards maintaining the church and caring for the orphans whom they shelter, not into the pockets of the priests.) There would be many people who know about what Terran does and hate him for it, (in addition to his "cursed" lineage), but there are also many who willing take advantage of the service while the church pretends it doesn't happen or plays ignorant.
The older the body being dug up is, the more he hates his job, lol. (*sensitive to smell, but it pays well. ... rhyming not intended.)

Any thoughts on whether this idea could work? Or you no like? (Because I'll tweak it if it doesn't resonate with you. It's got a couple of kinks that I'm still adjusting to perfect.)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:34 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

Yes, at least the stuff on that continent.

Ok, so what's what? (Or should I just wait and let you tell me later on a need-to-know basis?)

Well, there is the light town (place that started the war), the water town (as of now the 2nd people involved unless I change my mind), the wood town (probably will be a good starting location), and the arcane town (chaos yay)

Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

Um... about that... Yes, a cult is basically a small religion, but I wouldn't say there's "nothing bad" about them. Quite the contrary, most are considered to be quite bad today. Most cults are considered to exploitative and destructive. Subcategories include doomsday cults, personality cults, political cults, destructive cults, racist cults, polygamist cults, and terrorist cults (source: Wikipedia, among others). So even if a cult in and of itself is not a bad thing, they're associated with bad things. Many cults also use brainwashing tactics to keep their members in line and many excommunicate people who question their teachings and methods. (Even Scientology, which is famous, excommunicates people and doesn't allow them to see their family outside of the cult.) For these reasons, I don't view cults as good things.

If you still don't believe me, just google "Jonestown Massacre". Possibly one of the worst things a cult has done and just one example of what they are capable of convincing their members to do on faith.

I've no doubt some cults/religious movements that strive to become their own real religion, (and I'm sure that many medieval cults of saints had good intentions), but if they fall under any of the above categories, then they immediately loose any respect from me. (No Koolaid for me, thanks.)
...Sorry for the tangent.

Its fine, but like I said before the cult I am a part of is like what you describe in the 2nd half and if you want proof just look at these RP where I use parts of my cult to shape the worlds.

Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates
Would the doctors actually be at the church? Or do you think that there is a
clinic across the street? (I vote clinic.)

Probably multiple, most of which are no longer functional.

Cool! Are they haunted? decrepit? Occupied by crazy or homeless people? ...Does an abandoned undead guy roam the basement of one of them? lol. (I'm half-kidding.)

Just normal homeless people.

Haru Yates
Edit: I'm thinking that I'm going to make Terran's primary occupation a part-time gravedigger, which is also a partial cover for being a sort of a hired grave robber. He helps to dig the graves as well as to exhume bodies, and he retrieves items from the dead upon request, even if the person has no business requesting such items. (This isn't limited to just items of value, but also extends to body parts or even the whole corpse, so he has some knowledge of dissection). Valuable items that are taken just for the hell of it are later sold through underground auctions put on by the church. (yeah, I guess that does make them pretty corrupt. The money raised goes towards maintaining the church and caring for the orphans whom they shelter, not into the pockets of the priests.) There would be many people who know about what Terran does and hate him for it, (in addition to his "cursed" lineage), but there are also many who willing take advantage of the service while the church pretends it doesn't happen or plays ignorant.
The older the body being dug up is, the more he hates his job, lol. (*sensitive to smell, but it pays well. ... rhyming not intended.)

Any thoughts on whether this idea could work? Or you no like? (Because I'll tweak it if it doesn't resonate with you. It's got a couple of kinks that I'm still adjusting to perfect.)

Maybe a bit too dark but its fine as long as you play it right.  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Maybe a bit too dark but its fine as long as you play it right

Yeah, it is pretty dark, isn't it...? I'll see if I can lighten that up a bit (requests for body parts are really rare, but if some guy wants a tooth or an eyeball, then who is Terran to judge? lol. #funnynotfunny) It introduces a black market into the fray, but I'd imagine that there aren't many super valuable things to sell. The real business in in special requests and most things taken are taken before they get buried. (i.e. before the casket is hammered shut.) They really only need to dig someone up to get a body for a necromancer or something of interest for study.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:12 pm
Haru Yates
Yeah, it is pretty dark, isn't it...? I'll see if I can lighten that up a bit (requests for body parts are really rare, but if some guy wants a tooth or an eyeball, then who is Terran to judge? lol. #funnynotfunny) It introduces a black market into the fray, but I'd imagine that there aren't many super valuable things to sell. The real business in in special requests and most things taken are taken before they get burried. (i.e. before the casket is hammered shut.) They really only need to dig someone up to get a body for a necromancer or something of interest for study.

Yeah sounds better, also I have an idea for a side quest where there is a person in that town who is trying to resurrect the dead as not zombies and he needs bodies to preform tests and stuff, so think a lot of stuff like that  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:56 pm
Xa44
Yeah sounds better, also I have an idea for a side quest where there is a person in that town who is trying to resurrect the dead as not zombies and he needs bodys to preform tests and stuff, so think a lot of stuff like that

Cool I'll look forward to it! (I'll also try to make a list of stuff that Terran has in his pouch/pockets. fyi, he does have a switchblade-style knife (assisted opening?) that he uses for work, not as a weapon.)

in the mean time, are there any other towns or villages you want to talk about? I'm always up for suggesting ideas and stuff. (and I'm not one to metagame, though let me know if Terran should know it)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:10 pm
Haru Yates
Well I told you the other major towns already, my current plane is have 1 town for every element(all of witch are on the map, actually every colour on the map is a different type of place(land?) You get what I'm saying  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:45 pm
Xa44
Well I told you the other major towns already, my current plane is have 1 town for every element(all of witch are on the map, actually every colour on the map is a different type of place(land?) You get what I'm saying

that is a cool idea. Do the towns have names so far or are we still working on that?

Also, I enlarged your map on the first post to see it better. Which dot on the map is Terran's home town?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:41 pm
Haru Yates

The darker part of the big purple ball in the top right  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:50 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

The darker part of the big purple ball in the top right

you mean that huge black sideways "T"? (That's a pretty big area, isn't it?)  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff