Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] shot down in flames (jeremiah + others) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:19 am
bruh

"Yeah. I come back ta make sure m'hands is good for punchin'. That's all. The important stuff." She grinned at him. Even though she'd had some turns growing up in shitty neighborhoods with shitty fosters, she'd never had to have skin grafts before. "No of course I'll letcha know. I ain't had time ta do anymo' diggin', really. Not since tha library."

"Oh hey... Can ya tell me tha geas words again? I mean lil dude said them at tha meeting, but I ain't remember. Wish I had, maybe my hands wouldn't be so banged up." She wasn't entirely sure Mercer would tell her. It was, after all, a phrase that had power over him as well. She tugged her braid around to hang across her chest.

stab stab stab

Ah, yes, Temperance had forgotten that Chief Mercer was Chief Mercer The All-Knowing... that was an unkind thought. She swallowed a sigh. "They are likely just agitated as most don't have too much experience in treating those with magical proclivities. Don't hold it against them." She smiled faintly.

"Yes, I can get the supplies. Do you have a preference as to where to be stuck?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:07 pm
bruh

"I would certainly protect your hands," Jeremiah agreed, "if only to ensure you're capability of having at other people." His own fingers twitched a little. "Or giving them them particularly fun rude gestures."

He paused then, his head tilting slightly as he studied her. "I would request that you be mindful and not repeat it back to me, I am not exactly up for waiting on bated breath." A sigh. "Beside that it is not as if someone else could not tell you as I am certain there are those that remember it that aren't part of the Nobility."

It was flaw, a weakness, that the geas existed. It was something that kept the Nobles in line, certainly. "Actually, I will just write it down for you." His fingers twitched again, a notebook and a pen falling beside him that he plucked up and opened to write on. Neatly on a piece of paper, he wrote: Grant that I may never prove so fond to trust a man on oath or bond.

stab stab stab

"I don't hold it against them," Jeremiah replied easily. "It isn't as if I'm not aware that I'm not always the best patient even when I am trying to behave to be such." Not that he did not not like hospitals, though they unnerved him, he simply did not enjoy being put out of action like he was.

The little spiderwisp, however, was certainly helping.

"If you can get the supplies, you can just ... have a look and determine whichever vein is best."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:33 am
bruh

"My hands are m'tools for talkin'." She grinned. Then she reached over and took the paper. "Yeah I ain't gon' geas you inta stayin' in the hosp but wouldn't that be somethin'? Plus, that one red-head kid at tha meetin' knew it." It was useful and she intended to use it on Ezra is her got all fiery shounen protagonist on her again.

stab stab stab

"Yes, just keep Tinkie on you until I get back." she gestured to the wisp. Then she was out.

In a few minutes, she'd returned. "Alright, let's see your arms. Have you drunk any water today?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:12 pm
hello from the otherside

"Obviously, you're still kickin'." Shiloh rolled his shoulder a little bit, "But that's pretty bad when you got the nonmagical side of people trying to kill you too, even if it's impossible I guess." His tone was relatively neutral as he deposited Hellbine on the bed.

"But I guess it's better than something Otherworldly trying to maul you." Magic could combat magic. Bullets could not. Unless they were magic bullets?

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:19 pm
Left Without a Word

A glass baking dish with a red lid was left on the Mercer counter one day without even a note. It'd be fairly obvious that it was from their kitchen gremlin, however.

It wouldn't be beating out any restaurants anytime soon, but Cass had at least tried her hand at making her own sauce for homemade manicotti - because no meat.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:08 pm
without the rigmarole

Jeremiah looked unimpressed. Thoroughly unimpressed. "It is not my job, Alexis, to make you want your powers back. Help you achieve that? Yes. Help you realize your potential? Yes. If you do not want them, however, I cannot help that."

Even bruised and battered, he carried himself and the air about him was every inch Jeremiah Mercer, Noble of the Court. His eyes were bright and focused.

"Answer me, Alexis: do you truly want your powers back?" Another time he might have felt bad for doing this, for using his power, but he was not going to beat around the bush.

He was not going to let them hide. His gaze was a heavy weight upon them; something deep and soul searching (but that was, perhaps, just the effects of his magic, his will, upon them as he worked it).

Daekie
... and then jeremiah decided it was time to use truthseeker on alexis to make them answer |:

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:17 pm
bruh

"You could," Jeremiah snorted, "but you're not. Unless you particularly want to see me annoyed." Still he looked very amused by the idea of it, just because it was Preacher.

"Aleksy," he supplied, naming the redhead. "Just be safe trying to use it." As he suspected she would try it on Ezra.

stab stab stab

Tinkie?

The name was enough to have him blinking instead of responding. Jeremiah was letting the wispy spiderling crawl back and forth on his fingers as he raised them one by one in a wave motion. The motions slowed as Temperance came back, his hand lowering to his lap and letting the spiderling wander back to his shoulder.

"Yes," replied Jeremiah as he offered out his arms for her to inspect. "It's all I drink during the day, aside from tea."

The Semblance of Unity
LOL you can pick which arm is good / roll a dice if you want.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:20 pm
hello from the otherside

"I wasn't exactly expecting to have a hit out on me, no. Though I was hoping for it being some sort of message, a dislike of someone known with magic ..." Jeremiah shook his head, fingers reaching for Hellbine and brushing his fingers along the silky flower vines on his head.

"Strictly speaking, it's caused something of an uproar at the department. Not just because I was shot but because of the suspect." A sigh escaped. "... and that is what has me concerned it could be magical."

Me1ancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:22 pm
left without a word

Cass gets a text the next day. The message, of course, is short but it contained the seal of Jeremiah approval for the food.

It was kind of a big deal.

Not that she left food but that he ate it and liked it. Jeremiah Mercer was a food snob of the highest calibre and that would never change.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:45 am
without the rigmarole

Alexis clenched their jaw and looked away, quiet for a surprisingly long time, stubborn as always; when they finally replied with a "Yes," it sounded like someone had forcefully pulled it out of their throat against their will, and their glare turned resentful. "Fine. Yes! 'f course I want them, but I'm not safe t'be around with 'em!" (They didn't even believe what they were saying. It was someone else's words, repeated, ground into their head.)

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:23 pm
bruh

"Yeah, yeah, I'll remember 'is name when it's useful. I better letcha get ya beauty rest, though." Preacher abruptly turned to leave, then turned back. Her appointment was coming up in minutes, but..

"Oh yeah, I think I can get tha body. No promises, though."

stab stab stab

"Some people do not drink any water at all day of," she said absently. Temperance reached out and tied a medical tourniquet around his upper arm. "Make a fist for me." She tilted his arm here and there, fingers tapping briskly at his veins.

"Looks like a good vein here. Keep that fist tight." Temperance unwrapped the needle and placed it against his skin, hoping it would work.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:04 pm
bruh

Jeremiah's eyebrows shot up at the mention of that. "Well, then next time tell me about how you're managing that."

His fingers wiggled in goodbye. "I'll work on the beauty rest but there may be no hope for me."

stab stab stab

"I learned my lesson," Jeremiah admitted, "about staying hydrated. All it took was one case of dehydration while working." Not exactly a good moment for him but it was why he made sure to stay hydrated. He made the fist as she asked, keeping it tight as she found a good vein.

"Just hold a moment," his voice was low as he spoke, his eyes closing. Jeremiah had to focus, breathing deep, and try to take control of his inherent magic. If he could bolster, he might be able to-

It would take a few seconds but eventually there was a faint shimmer to the skin under where the needle was pressed, a very small area. "Try it now."

Thankfully the needle would pierce the skin, though Jeremiah was clearly having to focus and concentrate on doing so.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:54 am
stab stab stab

"Alright, looks good. Now we just have to hope this vein stays good for all of it." She popped a tube onto the end of the butterfly needle and watched it fill with blood. "One," she said, twisting it off. They needed three tubes total, but at least one was tiny. Temperance saved it for last. She didn't talk much during the draw - some people needed a constant stream of chatter but it was clear Jeremiah needed to concentrate.

After a bit, she slapped a bunched up piece of gauze on his arm and pulled out the needle. "Feeling okay?" Medical tape secured the gauze. "You did it."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:09 pm
stab stab stab

It was an odd sensation, that was for sure, the feeling of his skin being pierced and- Temperance was finished and he did not even realize it. He had, in fact, gone off into a little bit of a trance. He blinked his eyes - they were, strangely enough, a normal blue-green - and nodded. The shimmer disappeared, whatever defenses back in place.

"Feel a bit odd but I think that's from ... what I just did and less the drawn blood." A faint amused look appeared. "Or both, as it stands."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:11 pm
without the rigmarole

"Then become safe," retorted Jeremiah. His voice still never raised, always calm and even. "Learn control, learn what it means to have magic and be both disciplined and capable because that is ultimately what will be required. At least in part."

Daekie

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces