Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[?] The Conference (Main Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 pm
Silk raised both of her eyebrows at the squirming hat. Shiloh jumped up and the entire assembly could see her approval ratings dropping, like a pressure gauge in space. Something about her practically shouted Is this one of the people chosen to rule over me? She closed her eyes for a long moment. Maybe she was pretending Shiloh's antics weren't happening? "Yes," she said, finally, "Dinner." She rapped her knuckles against the podium, and just like that the empty place settings were filled.

The food was different at each place, but unfamiliar to everyone looking at it. While it was aesthetically beautiful, not one person had a recognizable dish. Yet, should they find the courage to partake of the meal, they would find it delectable, precisely suited to their tastes at that moment. The first wine was a white, and appeared to shimmer the pale rainbows of an opal. Upon tasting, it's not so much a taste as a feeling, like springtime buds blooming on the drinker's tastebuds. (Luckily, no flowers actually bloomed.) The second was a red, and seemed to absorb the light around it. (It tasted of blackcurrant and wild cherry, and of watching the stars come out.)

"Enjoy," she said.

The next GM post will come on Thursday.
After that GM post, entry will be closed.

AMItotic
Lily
cibarium
Leila
Daekie
Ashton
lizbot
America
Melancholies
Shiloh and Ollie
saedusk
Jamie
Smerdle
Rabbit
The Semblance of Unity
Preacher&Horace
happy bonsai
Hux
iloveyouDIE
Algernon
azuredreams
Nasir and Jeremiah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:39 am
Seeing Bean had Algie's mouth forming a quiet and wondering 'O'. It was the closest he'd get to starry eyes at this particular meeting and almost in unison with Jeremiah did he smile and waggle his fingers in a 'hello' to the tiny creature.

Noticing that Jeremiah did too made him chuckle a bit.. just before the food appeared.

It looked impeccable but the instinct in the court, since his time as a tithe, was to not eat. To not enjoy and thus the man, who loved food as a rule, was very slow about touching any of it.

Jeremiah was given a glance, the thought drifting into his husbands mind: I don't know I think this is precisely the correct time and place to complain about the food. He smirked.

melancholies

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:44 am
The way Jamie lit up at Lily's greeting was obvious. It was a small and silly thing, but he loved nicknames—good, kind nicknames, anyway. They made him feel special. They made him feel important to someone.

No surprise he took her hand when it was offered, squeezing gently, enjoying the feeling of pack.

There was a smile on his face, small and soft because Ollie didn't seem quite as off-put about the whole raccoon thing as he used to. Jamie wouldn't jump excitedly to answer the question for her this time, though. He'd let Lily hold her own conversation.

"I'm a snowshoe," he said cheekily, "but you both kn-" His mind caught fire like a literal exclamation mark in that instant and his eyes grew wide. This time he looked over to the noble table where Shiloh sat.

Bean?! he responded to Shiloh, all the urgency and embarrassment in their headspace mingling with his words. His fingers itched with the urge to run over and cradle their sprout-child, but everyone was already settled and dinner was starting and Silk was talking and oh god Jamie was suddenly having a harder time focusing on anything.

Would it be rude to get up now?? he asked, then continued, No, no, nevermind... I'm sure it'll be okay. Watch out for Bean, okay?

The poor, poor sprout. He was too young, too innocent to be in an awful place like this. Internally, Jamie wept.

Externally, he stared down at the unfamiliar food and tried to smooth over the mental panic. Was this safe to eat? Wait, was that wine? Oh no, he was underage, would it be weird to drink it anyway?? Would anyone care???

Jamie pursed his lips and didn't eat or drink, at least not right away.

AMItotic

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:20 pm
Preacher had ducked under the noble's table now. She knew who her target was, even if he was no longer on fire (which would have been the best identified, damn him). She scurried over to his feet.

"Hey. Hey you," she said.

shibrogane
hi ezra

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:30 pm
Ezra leaned back in his chair and eyeballed the mink at his feet.

"You're being quite rude, you know," he said, icily. "You ought to return to your seat."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:35 pm
"Cool," she said. If she could have picked her nose, she might have... and flung the booger at him. "I'll go back inna bit. It ain't started yet, really." Preacher paused for a moment, looking up at him. This was the dude.... really?

"We should throwdown."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:34 pm
"No," said Ezra. He leaned back over his food, which he had barely touched in preference of the red wine.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:44 pm
Preacher bared her teeth. "Not here, stupit."

"Yer a** is grass," she muttered, although it seemed as though now was the best time to withdraw. She'd get him, she thought, moving to skitter back to another table.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:56 pm
"Not ever," said Ezra into his glass of wine.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:43 pm
I have no complaints about the food, though it ... does not taste like meat at all, another thought directed at Algie as Jeremiah glanced at his meaty looking dish. The drinks on the other hand ... The fact they came with feelings and otherwise put them squarely in the category of do not want, though he had tried a sip.

He glanced towards Ezra, a knot in his stomach, before he realized there was a mink scurrying around. Preacher.

... and her never ending desire to punch Ezra. It was probably the foundation of a relationship with Alexis. In any case, there was a slight incline of his head towards Ezra in acknowledgement.

shibrogane
jer says hi

iloveyouDIE
mental chatter go

The Semblance of Unity
preacher pls don't antagonize ezra

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:51 pm
Leila was late. It made little difference to her, though, surprisingly. She'd been to dozens of conferences in her life, and had walked in on talks underway more times than she cared to count. Handling an untimely entrance was simple: all you need to do is not make a show of yourself and the people around you won't care much. It happened to everyone. Surely this sort of thing happened in conferences like this one, too.

Clicking footsteps and low creaks and clucks served as a quiet announcement of Biscuit's presence as well. The hen followed closely behind as Leila took her seat at the warg table, and when she was led to sit on the cushion next to the chair she only remained there for a second -- instead opting to jump up into Leila's lap and sit there.

"Oh, you poor baby," she cooed at the bird.

There were familiar faces all around, including Horace nearby. As she peered suspiciously down at her plate of food, she also sent him a thought: Anything important happen yet?

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:49 pm
"Gonna moooow ittt," she sing-songed softly, deliberately running over Mercer's feet. Being able to talk in animal form was seriously the best thing ever. Preacher wasn't about to touch either food or drink in this place (sheesh, did no one worry about poison or magic bullshit?), so she zoomed underneath the warg table next.

shibrogane
bai frand
azuredreams
hibye

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:47 pm
Rabbit hunched forward, rather casually all things considered, and in spite of his surroundings and the feeling of impending doom that lingered in the air around here, he found himself smirking at his food. The dish in front of him was whimsical and light, reminiscent of clouds over a shimmering sea, and when he picked off a piece with his fingers and brought it to his lips it tasted of blueberry pancakes.

"Pretty good," he muttered. The wine was too. Even so, he only had a couple more bites and one more sip of each before he sat taller and focused on the rest of the room. Chickens, minks, sprouts, squirrels. This was shaping up to be quite the party.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:23 pm
Silk was very good at standing still and looking at nothing in particular. The moment she seemed to realize Preacher was out and about as a mink was obvious, however; her eyebrows lifted and she stood up straighter. "Ugh," she said. Her further opinions on the topic were kept to herself.

At the warg table, Aleksy and Lara have been chatting with each other about persons of their shared acquaintance. Aleksy's stated dislike for most cops doesn't appear to extend to lawyers. "The mirror house is still shut up," Lara was saying apologetically. "I know you'd like to take a look and see if your body's still there, but I'm still not sure that's wise."

Aleksy said something in Russian that sounded not very nice. Instead of wine, he had something sparkly and clear. Each bubble that rose to the surface popped gold, glittery light. It was fancy lookin' as ********. "Why do the people from the death world come to ours," he complained. It was impossible to tell if it was a good-natured complaint or not.

"You died in this world, too," said Lara, and Aleksy flapped a hand at her dismissively. His plate had nothing on it at all.

Ezra glanced aside at Rabbit. On Leila's entrance, he had become visibly more tense, and generally--he didn't seem to be a happy camper. He finished his glass of white wine and set it down.

The official GM post for today will arrive at 9pm PDT
After that point no new entries will be allowed

AMItotic
Lily
cibarium
Leila
Daekie
Ashton
lizbot
America
Melancholies
Shiloh and Ollie
saedusk
Jamie
Smerdle
Rabbit
The Semblance of Unity
Preacher&Horace
happy bonsai
Hux
iloveyouDIE
Algernon
azuredreams
Nasir and Jeremiah

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:00 pm
He met Ezra's glance with a look that read

Yes, Father?

but quickly degenerated into

sorry, yeah, okay, fine, maybe i just ate the first bite of my dinner with my fingers, but i picked up my fork for the other two i swear and i'm sorry about the clothes i thought the magic would take care of them and i can't change now because it would be kind of weird, right, are you okay? you look a little... hm... do you want my red i'm not going to drink it

Rabbit swallowed, shoulders rolling forward a little to try and hide the mogwai on his t-shirt.

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces