Welcome to Gaia! ::

Story Knights

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to those who love to make stories, role-play, and have fun doing so. 

Tags: Role Play, Literature, Drama, Fantasy, Adventure 

Reply ғaѕнrade ĸnιgнтѕ
ƒαѕняα∂є кηιgнтѕ ♛ Main Roleplay Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amiimii

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:18 pm
User Image

𝓥eronica 𝒮teele

Maevan. A place Veronica had thought would yield many opponents. Judging by the answer from the so called 'general blightshield', it was safe to assume she had misjudged. It was nothing but a den of cowards.

Had she been rude? Sure, randomly approaching a stranger to fight wasn't exactly polite, but she felt as if she had been relatively tame in her asking the man. She hadn't demanded one, nor had she insulted him. She just wanted to fight with someone strong.

At first, she would have been able to accept he didn't want to fight. Even the strong didn't always want to fight. The problem lied with his attitude and other words. Insults were not tolerated by her rules, especially against her master. "So Maevan is a den for cowards, then?" she loudly proclaimed, gathering looks from around them. "My master has more balls than you, and she's a woman." she mused, preparing to make her move. She was well aware of their difference in power, but what had originally been an attempt at a fun spar was now nothing more than Veronica's wrath.

"What's the point in fighting with people who couldn't keep up? You're precious 'soldiers' are out of breath from running around town. I doubt they'd provide anything worthwhile. I'm looking to fight the best of the best. I just want to fight the strong."

Under normal circumstances, attacking someone while their back was turned was frowned upon, but the rule of never letting insults go trumped all else. Until Aleith specifically told her otherwise, Wilhelm was on a kill list. Even then, Wilhelm was still set to die in her mind. "And what makes you so much better than her?."

Veronica cocked her arm back, as if to throw air, but as her arm reached all the way back, a throwing knife appeared in her hands, and she immediately let it fly towards Wilhelm's head. Immediately, she switched her stance and her trusty spear, Fool's Lament, would be in her hands in case Wilhelm actually responded.

OOC:

Location: Fashrade, Maeven. Training grounds, near the Boar's Tusk.

Company: Aleith, General Blightshield, a few others

MellowKittyKat

Mephis Inferni

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:36 pm

aleith x elemaris

THE WARRIOR OF RED AND BLACK

___The silence that fell upon the group as the two approached was to be expected. Aleith could feel their eyes watching her carefully. Their energies were a mix of fear, caution and curiousity. She kept her own very calm instead of abrasive. She was void of all emotion and expression, choosing only to look among the ragtag group that stood in the middle of the training ring.
___Her red red eyes settled on the human female and the elf female that cowered behind her first, then to the gypsy looking female human that stood beside them. She nodded to them all, bowing slightly out of respect. They were in the presence of women, which usually wasn't the most polite way of approaching someone for a fight, but they wouldn't be in training grounds if they weren't doing exactly that... But which one of them was the one Veronica wished to spar with? She looked down at her, allowing the honor of calling them out to her.
___As always, she was polite and to the point. Everything seemed okay except for his name. The name caught Aleith off guard. Her body tensed, following Veronica's gaze towards the human man. 'General'? She had avoided the guards completely when trying to get into Fashrade and now she was almost face to face with their general? Once again, Veronica seemed to surprise her and be putting them both in possible danger with her confidence... But Aleith loved it. Who else to challenge then the general of the Fashrade army himself?
___Without even thinking about the offer, the general declined, brushing Veronica off as if she was a pesky gnat. After telling her to join the army and finish training he looked to Aleith. His expression seemed to change suddenly, as if he was looking at a mortal enemy. He threatened to cut and mount her horns before turning to walk away like a pompous fool. Like he had said something profound and clever.
___If he had only known who he was speaking with. It wasn't that she was very upset or frightened by his petty threat, it was that he had no respect. Especially towards those who approached him with respect and patience. The person she truly worried about, however, was Veronica. She was a fire all on her own and the smallest things could make her snap.
___Aleith's eyes widened, her pupils slowly narrowing at the back of the man's head. As if on cue, Veronica spoke up, not allowing anytime for Aleith to be the first to speak up. She was dripping with anger, calling the man out before them all and protecting her master's name. Aleith was truly proud of her apprentice, impressed by her will to stand up to such a fool, but knew that the consequences would be great. Something Veronica never did not care for when things like this happened.
___Aleith felt the sudden spike in her energy, watching her hand reach back as if in slow motion. Dagger! She lunged forward, but was too slow compared to Veronica's speed. She sent the dagger flying with the quick flick of her wrist, right towards Blightshield's head before switching stances to ready herself for a return attack.
___"Dammit!" she growled at the girl. Her energy grew hot, hot enough to begin to burn the tips of the trodden grass they stood on, around her boots. She hissed "Stand down, Veronica!" before unhooking her mace from her belt, readying it just in case the woman, old mage or elf decided to attack. She was going to get them killed!
___She looked to the female human with raven hair, taking a slight step away from them and towards Veronica. She seemed sensible and was talking calmly to them when Veronica asked for the sparring match. Aleith needed to fix this quickly before things really got out of hand for them all. "I am sorry, milady..." she whispered in a harsh breath to the woman, her amber eyes looking her over carefully to watch for any movement and to get a better look at her. She lowered her head to her, as if a slight bow to show some kind of respect towards them.
___"My apprentice here is still learning. We came only to train, not to cause chaos." Aleith shot daggers at Veronica with her eyes, a low growl coming from her throat. They flicked back to the woman, growing softer.
___Although her words were kind, she was cautious and ready. Her mace was still in hand and ready. She didn't care if she had fight them, didn't care if she would have to rip them all into pieces. She didn't know them and didn't really care or want to get to know them. But the feeling in her stomach was her mother's care for others and the oath and training she took long ago. She didn't want the training grounds to be a bloodbath, especially if she was able to stop this madness. But she would need help, especially since the first dagger was already thrown...

Location: Fashrade, Maeven. Training grounds, not far from the Boar's Tusk
Company: Veronica, General Blightshield, and four unknown others.
Mood: Furious, ready to fight.
ooc: >:c

Digital Obsession

Mephis Inferni

Nightmare Dreamcatcher

VSG12

MellowKittyKat

Green Smoker

Mephis Inferni
Vice Captain

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:38 pm
Wilhelm Arctavius

29• Human• Fashrade

User Image
Mood: Furious
Present Company: Loads of people
Current Location: Training Grounds, Maeven.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilhelm heard the whistling before the blade reached him, he leaned right with his head turning rapidly as the cold steel edge sliced along his cheek. With practiced reflexes, his right arm shot out and caught the blade before it whistled past into the dirt. Gripping the edge tightly, he spun towards the woman whom now wielded a spear. "A den of cowards, you say. Only a coward attacks an opponent with their back turned. I am General Wilhelm Arctavius, the Blightshield of Fashrade." His voice was growing in volume with each and every word, his eyes dancing with fire. "What gives you any right at all to challenge me, you a mere greenhorn with a weapon." He pointed with the dagger towards her, "Your stance is too stiff, your right foot is too far back. One good shove and you'll be on your a** and dead." He then waved his arm towards the Noeven woman with the well-crafted mace. "So what if your master is a woman, who cares if she has more balls than I do. I have survived countless battles, honed my abilities for years with blood and sweat against the armies of Noeven." He tossed the knife into the ground, spitting upon it with pure malice. "Maybe your master has earned the right to request battle with me, but a whelp like you must prove yourself before even contemplating a challenge issued to me."

He crossed his arms, staring at the pair with eyes ready for war. At least the demon woman was respectful, even after his words. "Noeven, perhaps I was too cross with you. As I'm sure you're aware, our nations have been at war far longer than any care to remember. I apologize for my words to you, but your apprentice needs more discipline. If you encourage her behavior for challenging those she has no right to, then you are more at fault than she as you are the master." He was visibly cooling, as he uncrossed his arms. However, he left hand rested upon the hilt of his sword. "I should have the apprentice drawn and quartered for her actions this day, but what lesson could be learned from that? It would only fuel you with more anger towards Fashrade."

He sighed, shaking his head. "Many years in battle brings wisdom. I may have my prejudices against the denizens of Noeven, but I am also not so blind as to learn from my experiences. Cycles of hatred can only be undone by an act of mercy, so I shall spare your apprentice. But should she approach me again in such a way, I assure you that I will accept her challenge as one to the death. Should any intervene, their lives shall also become forfeit. What say you?"

OOC: Bwahahaha. Veronica can spar with Wilhelm a little later once he gets to know them. The arrogant b*****d is fun to play as though biggrin

Digital Obsession

VSG12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:09 pm
Digital Obsession

Mephis Inferni

MellowKittyKat

User Image
ѕєνιяα ηαηαѕнι
26 // Human // Captain of the Guard (Fashrade Army)
◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙
User ImageUser Image

Sevira let out a loud, prolonged sigh at his actions. Fashrade was well-known amongst the nations for honorable soldiers both on and off the battlefield. The girl only wanted to spar, he could have at least been more civil about it. "General, that is more than enough. Violence need not be acted upon in this circumstance. I will deal with them, so please stand down," she requested. True, he was higher in rank when it came to the Army standards, but as Captain of the Guard she could tell him to stand down if she felt his actions might cause trouble for Fashrade at a later time.

When the older female, the beautiful demon, addressed her with polite titles and curtosies she let a smile cross her lips. "I'm afraid I would not be addressed as milady. I am not of the upper class, merely a soldier. My title would be Dame. Dame Sevira, if it pleases you to know. My friends here, although confused by your presence, welcome you and your hot-tempered apprentice to this city. And I can assure you that by no means will innocent blood be spilt over feuds fueled by actions of the past. Whatever your race, I will personally ensure you are safe here," she said and with her last statement looked to Wilhelm.

True, most in Fashrade wouldn't hesitate to throw daggers at the woman or imprison her. But, truth be told, Sevira wasn't that different. She was a woman who stumbled into the city half-alive and covered in blood and bruises from an unknown land. She knew nothing of her life before and was deemed a threat. It was only when she was offered mercy by a half-demon priest in Fashrade's own Temple of Faith that she felt like part of the nation she now wore the armor for. She was far more lenient when it came to those of other races and, despite knowing what many demons had done, knew that not all demons should be held responsible. There were evils in all nations, even her own. She didn't want these two to feel antagonised like she had for no reason when she could stand by and keep them safe. Offer them the kindness she wasn't shown.

"I'm afraid I never got your names? Surely I'll need them if I am to offer you food and drink tonight. If it's a sparring match you want, I will surely abide by mornings light unless I can change my friends mind," she said in a soft manner. The fire in the apprentice's eyes, Veronica as the older woman had stated, reminded Sevira of her younger self. It was for that reasons he was willing to try and appeal to the youth.

/////
/////
User Image
αмιяα ѕєη¢єηвαυgн
17 // Princess of Goleta // Posing as a Travelling Healer (Elesmira)
User ImageUser Image

Amira was relieved that the demonic woman, beautiful as she might be, was at least friendly towards them. She showed no ill-will towards her, so she let her fear subside to mere curiosity. She was actually quite astonished to the differences between how Wilhelm and Sevira were dealing with the two. Despite trying to cause a kill-blow to the General, his actions didn't come off as polite and leant more towards aggressive. Sevira, on the other hand, held a more courteous manner and tried to keep the peace. The sheer difference between the two friends was strange yet seemed very like them.

She looked to the faun man standing at at distance and approached him. "You are very familiar. I take it you were the one who sent forth that vision on the wind?" she queried to him quietly.

She looked him over and memories the features and tried to guess what his profession was. He was tall, more likely because he was a faun, and rather skinny although he had some muscle cover. His arms and back showed signs of scars from past encounters. From the looks of the blade marks, it was the curved blades of the Noeven people. He had dark brown hair, greyish blue eyes, and a full beard. His warm smile and calm demeanour put her at ease and she felt safe beside him. There was something else that she couldn't put her finger on about him, something she could sense in his aura. Something....spiritual?

VSG12
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100

Nightmare Dreamcatcher
Crew

Seasonal Pumpkin

3,225 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Member 100
  • There are two sides... 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:26 pm
Digital Obsession

Mephis Inferni

MellowKittyKat

User Image
User Image
AGE• xxxxxx 25 xxxxxx 19xxxxxx 46
RACE• xxx Human, Mage xxx Gypsyxxx Faun
ALLEGIANCE• ...Erelandra xxx Band of Gypsiesxxx Temple of History
LOCATION•
Maeven, Training Square (Boar's Tusk)
Maeven, approaching the Training Square

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Alfen was literally about to react when things got way out of hand. Daggers went flying, words were exchanged, it was looking bad. He wondered if he should provide magic intervention to prevent the fight from progressing further. Instead, Sevira stepped in with kind words to try and diffuse the situation. He was baffled as to how she was so calm and collected at a moment like this. The tension in the area was hot and muggy, like a summer's day in the deserts of Noeven.

User Image

Jaelle was clearly disturbed by the violent actions from before. As a gypsy, violence was frowned upon. She was only meant to use violence when absolutely necessary and when no other options would be used. Even then, in gypsy culture, it was often met with disgust. They were a kind and peace-loving people who travelled from location to location to be one with the land. Wanderers by choice who lived with the wind and trees and followed the sun. She wanted to speak out, but kept her mouth closed. The human girl accompanying the demon - Veronica, as her name was mentioned - seemed like a threat to anyone who said the wrong thing. As one not familiar with fighting, she didn't want to attract her wrath.

User Image

Eli smiled to the Elvish girl as she walked to him. "Elijah Carvano, little one. Faun Priest of the Temple of History," he answered back to her. He still had a little of the Goleta accent in his voice, but there was also traces of Erowyth there. It was clear he was a traveller from one nation to another. He also knew his clear confusion over the Noeven woman gave away he was likely abused by demons. However, his calm nature towards that fact meant he harbored no resentment. He was a man of peace and he wanted that known. He only came to help. Whether it was working with those two or not, he would do what it took to stop the Dread Witch from returning to Istrea.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:07 pm

aleith x elemaris

___Aleith had turned her head just in time to watch the human general dodge the dagger quite effortlessly. He turned back to them, only to return and spit nothing but more cocky insults towards them. Trying to save his name in front of so many. Even to go as far criticize Veronica's stances and the way that Aleith herself had been teaching her.
___She could feel the painful pounding in the back of her head as he droned on, his voice causing her to get headache. Truly, she didn't think he would have stopped into the raven haired woman stepped in. To Aleith's surprise, she sided with her, asking the man now known as Wilhelm to quiet himself. She introduce herself as Sevira, welcoming them into the city and ensuring their protecting. "Dame Sevira..." she repeated quietly to herself. She was a knight then. It would make sense considering her calm demeanor, but not for how kind she was being -- especially when offering food and drink to them both. It was quite refreshing, actually. But Aleith kept a hand on her mace as she very slowly latched it back onto her belt.
___Aleith put a hand on Veronica's shoulder, pulling her back and too her side. She didn't want them so close to her; close to either of them, really. "Thank you then, Sevira, Dame of Fashrade. Your hospitality is greatly appreciated. Especially for me. I apologize for my apprentice's foolishness. Sometimes her temper gets the best of her." she explained in a quiet tone, talking to her and no one else.
___It wasn't until she was done calmly speaking to the woman before she whipped her head towards the general, Wilhelm. Her eyes stared him down. She was four inches taller than him and held a lot more aggression in her stance towards him. "You," she called him out, her voice back to it's deep and commanding tone. "You talk too much. But you assume things more." Aleith growled, baring her sharp teeth at him.
___"My apprentice is very well trained and far beyond her years. The stance you see isn't sloppy or novice, it is part of a unique and specialized fighting style she has crafted and practiced on her own. You know nothing about her strength or how she fights." she snapped at the man, wanting to stand up for her apprentice. They had only been together for a few moons, and it truly only felt like days, but she knew what Veronica was capable of. "You would have known that had you accepted her polite request for a friendly duel, General Wilhelm."
___Aleith took a breath, calming her energy and cooling herself. "And as far as you calling me 'Noeven', i'll ask you kindly only now to hold your tongue. I am a half-blood. Drow and demon and I have only set foot in Noeven a few times in my younger years. I wasn't even born there." she informed him matter of factly. "After over three hundred years of fighting in wars, I ask for the respect of calling me by me name."
___Aleith turned to Sevira, leaving the man with her words. She was the one that asked, she would be the one to receive the answer. Aleith was already very sick of looking the general's face. As it stood, his apology was recognized but not forgiven in anyway. He had quickly already lost what little trust she gave the man upon first glance and it would be difficult if he ever decided to try and win it back.
___"I am Aleith Elemaris. The Warrior of Red and Black." She didn't expect them to know who she was, but the title was important. "This is my apprentice, Veronica Steele." she gestured to Veronica. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance and we accept your offer."

Location: Fashrade, Maeven. Training grounds, not far from the Boar's Tusk
Company: Veronica, Sevira, Wilhelm, and three unknown others.
Mood: Angry, weary.
ooc: Blah.

Digital Obsession

Mephis Inferni

Nightmare Dreamcatcher

VSG12

MellowKittyKat

Green Smoker

Mephis Inferni
Vice Captain

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:56 pm
Wilhelm Arctavius

29• Human• Fashrade

User Image
Mood: Furious
Current Location: Training Grounds, Maeven.

Wilhelm was heating back up, but not because of the visitors among them. Sevira was a long time friend and ally of his, but this was a bit too much. He did not raise his voice, instead keeping it quieter than he'd spoken at all before this day. "Lieutenant Nanashi, you overstep your bounds. We will talk about this at a later time." He turned, all but ignoring the rest of the group as he headed towards the barracks once more. He'd had enough surprises and new encounters for one day, now was the time to gather his mental facilities and meditate on the events of the day.

Before he reached the door, he looked back at the collective group of individuals. Their quest would be hopeless in terms of cooperation, too many of the group would ignore the importance of structure for the chaos of each entity working on their own. Cooperation would be minimal. "Aleith Elemaris, the Warrior of Red and Black..." Speaking in a whisper, dwelt upon name, wondering if it truly was the person behind the battlefield myths. He rested his hand upon his armor, tracing the diagonal line to his hip where he was once nearly cleaved in half by a Noeven warrior. He knew it was foolish to hate them all, but he couldn't let go of the rage for the entire race...half-breeds or not.

OOC: Huzzah for potential character development? HELP HIM NOT BE SO RACIST. biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:14 pm
συт σƒ ¢нαяα¢тєя 《》 Yay for Wilhelm! Also, if there are details you feel will not suit his background in Sevira's explaination, feel free to correct me, Mephis.
Digital Obsession

Mephis Inferni

MellowKittyKat

User Image
ѕєνιяα ηαηαѕнι
User ImageUser Image

Sevira let the disappointment cross her face as Wilhelm spoke to her that way. Rarely did he address her by her last name...if one could call it that. Nanashi was the Fashrade b*****d's name, a name for those with no last name. It was her constant reminder she had no family to claim as her own. The others around them formed a small group and Sevira knew she had to find accomodation for them. Surely the rooms above the Boar's Tusk would do for a night. "Maliarc, if you could bring everyone inside and tell the Inn Keep that I said you may all have the finer rooms for the night. Meals and drinks are on my tab, as well as the rooms. Make yourselves at home, I'll see you later tonight to discuss some things," she said quickly, but nicely. She felt she needed to clear the air between everyone and ensure a bad matter didn't get worse.

She walked back over to Aleith and Veronica and kept her body language very open and relaxed. She didn't want to come across as violent, since the same aggression Wilhelm showed caused this chaos. "I apologize on behalf of my superior. He's had several bad encounters with different groups from Noeven over the years. The worst one yet was his near-death experience at the hands of Noeven Bandits at the border not long ago. The wounds on his body have healed, but his mind is another story. After that attack, he couldn't fight for a year because of the injuries. He pushed himself more and more after that and the memories have made him....well....bitter. It's not something he likes to bring up, but I think he's taking the memories from those demons attacking him and lashing out at you for revenge. We all have scars from demons, some of us just don't blame every demon we come upon," she admitted.

User ImageUser Image
She removed her glove on her left hand and showed them what she meant. On the back of her hand was a darker mark that looked like a birthmark at first, but when she turned her hand, there was the tell-tale sign of an impalement wound. She put that glove on and showed the other, an identical mark showing. "When I came to this city, these wounds were fresh and filled with poison only demons use on their blades. The healers here said it was a miracle that I was even able to survive. They thought I'd die in the night, then thought they'd have to take my arms if the poison spread. The whole time I was awake at night, in agnoising pain, I blamed every demon I saw. Still, one day I strutted through the streets of this city and there was a little demon girl being abused. No, tortured. These three boys were throwing acid at her, burning her and scaring her. One of her eyes was already beyond healing. I stepped in and chased them off. I don't know what compelled me to do so at first, but when I think back on it I guess I saw myself being attacked in that girl. If someone was there to aid me, I'm sure I wouldn't have held such resentment for a long time."

She turned to Veronica and gave her a small, genuine, half-smile. "Your temper and ferocity in battle reminds me of myself. I was that way when I entered the army here. I was always fighting against the trainers and made a damn fool of myself fighting them. If I had a master at my side like you did, I'm sure I'd be much better than I am now. I never got the chance to spar the higher-ups. I surely won't let you miss out on what I did. You'll get a match, but whether it is him or I we will have to find out in the morn," she mentioned.

She turned to look at the doors to the Boar's Tusk and knew that the men in there would likely not like a demon, half or not, in their company. Still, she promised them drinks and food and would not let that vow be broken. "There is a tavern only a short distance from here. Called Ale of Kings, it welcomes any and all. I'll take you there for meals and drinks, as I promised before," she stated.

VSG12
Captain

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100

Amiimii

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:34 am
User Image

𝓥eronica 𝒮teele

A burning fire lit itself in Veronica's stomach, and it was not to be dissuaded;not by her master nor by a more level-headed third party. Even after being told to stand down by Aleith, Veronica maintained her stance with weapon in hand. The fire spread itself down to her feet and up to her eyes. She stared daggers at the man as he caught her knife and turned around to berate her once more and her feet dug further and further into the ground as she considered turning her hatred into her death. As the third party intervened, Veronica's eyes moved from the General to the ground. Drawn and quartered? As if.

Her spear quickly disappeared, along with the spit covered knife, but her hands continued to be clenched into a fist. Her teeth grated together, she began to draw blood on her hands from her nails, and a hot flush overcame her. This was an utterly humiliating moment for her, that likely none but perhaps her master would understand. It was jarring-her first time being not only denied but then critiqued and insulted. All she could imagine was her former master, her father, seeing her now. The weak woman now standing defeated in the training grounds. It hurt more than any wound could. She hated that she knew she would lose if she fought the racist man. She hated that she could have actually have been "drawn and quartered". She hated this entire place. She hated herself the most for making the mistake.

As the feeling of powerlessness and hopelessness set in, her eyes became distant and her grip released, leaving only bloody hands. She came to her senses only in time to hear the last little bit of the womans voice, but Veronica was not appeased. It as true that the woman must have been strong, especially if the general listened to her. It certainly would have peaked her interest were she not in the mood she was now. Is this how the weak feel?

"Ah, thank you..." she replied absentmindedly, turning and making her way towards the tavern the woman had pointed out. She would have to apologize to her master later. But one thought never left her. One day....

One day....Wilhelm would die.

OOC: Sorry my posts are being infrequent again. Graveyard shift is killing me.

Location: Fashrade, Maeven. Training grounds, near the Boar's Tusk.

Company: Aleith, General Blightshield, a few others

MellowKittyKat

Mephis Inferni

VSG12

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:49 am
Maliarc

70 (23)• Human• Neutral

User Image
Mood: Indifference
Present Company: Alfen/Jaelle
Current Location: Boar's Tusks

Maliarc watched the entire confrontation with complete indifference. The two newcomers were unique, to be sure, but never having been outside of his own little world until just recently, races meant nothing to him anyway. Even the physical confrontation between the young girl and Wilhelm held little sway in his vision, though it would have been nice to see two real fighters go at it. He had never witnessed such a fight.

When he was addressed, he simply nodded his head before looking over to the elven lass and her new companion. He didn't care to butt in, but he wanted to say something. "Lass, you and your friend are free to join us when you are done." he said just loud enough for her to hear. Now that she wasn't out of the loop, he turned to the gypsy and his new apprentice. "Well then, let us go and make use of the generous offer, hm?"

He thought of what to teach the boy first. There weren't actually all that many spells Maliarc knew, but he could probably get by for quite some time by using the excuse of wanting the young man to master each spell before moving to the next one. He wasn't sure how much time he could buy, but it would likely be at least enough while he continued brainstorming.

He led the way inside and spoke to the Inn Keep, who then showed them to a table where they could eat peacefully without fear of further problems. "Now that the warmongers are gone...." he trailed off, looking to Alfen, "you said your abilities were elemental based, so you know how to do fireballs and the like, I assume?" he asked, obviously waiting for a demonstration.

OOC:

Nightmare Dreamcatcher

VSG12

Amiimii

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

Nightmare Dreamcatcher
Crew

Seasonal Pumpkin

3,225 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Member 100
  • There are two sides... 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:51 pm
Digital Obsession

Mephis Inferni

MellowKittyKat

User Image
User Image
AGE• xxxxxx 25 xxxxxx 19xxxxxx 46
RACE• xxx Human, Mage xxx Gypsyxxx Faun
ALLEGIANCE• ...Erelandra xxx Band of Gypsiesxxx Temple of History
LOCATION•
Maeven, approaching the Training Square

Alfen smiled and knew what Maliarc was referring to. He snapped his fingers and a wisp of blue flames poured from his fingertips. The swirls mixed into spheres of fire that floated around the table. With a flick of his wrist they were gone. "I was also taught how to create illusion spells by my father. I was never really able to make them look fully real, but I have made progress. They don't look see-through know, but they don't have much dimension. It's like looking in a mirror, you see something that could be real but it's just a reflection," he admitted. He quickly ate his plate of meat and vegetables, mostly because he was starving from not eating anything all day.

User Image

Jaelle watched in silence at the table, listening between two conversations. One conversation was over abilities, this between Maliarc and Alfen, and the other was over jobs, between the faun and Elesmira. After all, he hadn't introduced himself to them. She ate the last few berries on her plate before turning her body to address the faun. "I'm afraid we never got your name, sir," she mentioned.

User Image

Eli stopped mid-sentence with Elesmira when the gypsy addressed him. He hadn't realised he hadn't made himself known to the others and let out a small laugh. More at himself for not thinking about it than anything else. "Elijah Carvano, but you may call me Eli for short. A priest from the Temple of History, if you were wondering as well," he answered.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:37 pm

aleith x elemaris

___A slow and silent breath of relief was the only noise Aleith made once everything was settled. She was done talking. She was never the one to speak up or help settle a situation when in such a group of strangers. Perhaps her own anger and frustration had gotten the best of her at that moment, much like Veronica's, as well. At least things were taken care of and they could move on.
___As Sevira explained Wilhelm's behavior and her past, Aleith glanced down to her apprentice to stood silent at her side. She had her own scars and stories, but was more focused on Veronica. She couldn't see her face very well, but knew what she was feeling all too well. Her fury and rage was obvious in her energy. It was nice to see this. Veronica needed this feeling to become emotionally and mentally strong, but she would still have to learn how to control it. Lest it get take control of her completely... When they had a moment alone together, it would be a thing they would discuss. She knew Veronica would want to discuss that evening's events later anyways. But, for now, they would simply take the knight's offer and enjoy the rest of the evening the best they could.
___Aleith nodded to Sevira, sliding her hood over her horns and her head. She followed the knight closely for most of the way. About half of the way there, she let Sevira take a few steps ahead of them to take up Veronica's side. She quickly wrapped an arm around her shoulders, as if to hold her close like an awkward hug. Cold eyes glanced down at her as she whispered softly "Breath... You did very well. You will still get your fight." before releasing her shoulder and continuing her silent walk.
___They arrived at the tavern known as the Ale of Kings in no time at all and entered quietly. There was an interesting mix of people and races that Aleith still kept her hood up until they were safely sat at a table and served their drinks and meals. Aleith's eyes were almost glowing in the dim light, even as she pulled the black cloth away from her horns and face.
___"Thank you." she stated once more to Sevira. "It has been some time since I was given food and drink from a stranger." She picked up her mug, having only ordered water instead of something like ale, and took a few long gulps. As she put her mug down, she looked to Veronica once more and grunted. "Did you hear Dame Sevira earlier, Veronica? You might be able to spar with her in the morning if you wanted... I think she would prove to be a much more interesting experience for you than with the General." Aleith smiled playfully, looking to Sevira. "She seems strong..."
___She wasn't being sarcastic, sounding almost more amused than anything. Intrigued, even. "I am curious, how long have you been a knight of Fashrade?"

Company: Veronica and Sevira.
Mood: Calm, but tired.
ooc: #helpWilhelmnotberacist

Digital Obsession

Mephis Inferni

Nightmare Dreamcatcher

VSG12

MellowKittyKat

Green Smoker

Mephis Inferni
Vice Captain

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:11 pm
Wilhelm Arctavius

29• Human• Fashrade

User Image
Mood: Contemplative
Current Location: Generals Quarters, The Barracks, Maeven.

Slamming the door to his room, Wilhelm hastily removed his armor and piled them on his table. One of the castle servants had run a hot bath for him, a strenuous chore that required hauling many heated buckets of water. He'd be sure to leave a token of his appreciation the next time he got the chance. He stripped his clothing off and climbed into the large basin, trying to relax himself as best he could manage. Too much had went on that day, too many things he could not control. Maliarc the Mage, Princess Amira's sudden arrival, a novice magus and a gypsy, a seer, and now two freelancers all arriving on the eve he learns that The Dreaded Witch was to return if they didn't find a needle in the haystack of a knight.

He thumped his hand against the inner walling of the stone tub, exhaling loudly. "And to top it all off, Sevira had to butt her way into that last conflict. I know I give her too much leeway, but she should have known better than to interfere at that moment. It was no longer a personal grievance, a commoner doing the exact thing would have been left to rot in the dungeons until they died of undernourishment." He laid his head back, calming himself. "Perhaps she was right to step in to prevent further hostility, but to do so in front of such a crowd. I'll have to reprimand her before such actions become a commonplace in the military. It was not a matter of the crown being involved. Two outsiders that had no place in the training grounds of the Royal Army overstepped their bounds by challenging me. And then in refusal, assaulted me." He thumped the tub again, less forcefully this time.

"Well...I suppose it really wouldn't hurt to apologize to the girl and accept her challenge if she still wishes it. Maybe...but the precedence of such actions are unheard of. I am no mere arena combatant, I do not just fight any who come before me. But the girl did have spirit, I admire it. Not many would approach me like that, nor attack me while my back was turned. Not particularly honorable, but perhaps that was more in defense of her master?" He rambled to himself, beginning to wash with an unscented lye soap.

He studied his scars as he washed, from simple jagged cuts to the near body-cleaving he'd experienced as a fresh soldier. Every scar told a story, each he could vividly recall receiving. Some were from training accidents, or when he would mess up during an exercise. But most were from the harsh realities of war, jagged lines and crescent accents that seemed ghostly pale upon his relatively unblemished skin. "I shouldn't have acted the way I had. I will have to apologize to them should I run into the pair again. I'm certain Sevira will explain the situation to them. But what do I do about Sevira? She's become too brazen of late. I would hate to think it is her rank going to her head, she's always been rather calculated. What's her game this time?"

Finishing his wash, he climbed out and dried himself with a large cloth. Grabbing a fresh pair of linen breeches, he covered himself quickly and donned a cleaned sleeveless tunic. He didn't worry about shoes, but instead grabbed his baldric and blade. "Where would they be at this time of day?" He pulled his long hair back into a ponytail, while pondering his options. Of course, she'd have offered them lodging. Not the Boar's Head, the soldiers wouldn't have taken too kindly to the appearance of Aleith, much like he himself didn't. However, there was one location that would have certainly taken them in without complaint...

With that, he set off at a steady jog for the Ale of Kings.

OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:51 pm
Digital Obsession

Mephis Inferni

MellowKittyKat

User Image
ѕєνιяα ηαηαѕнι
User ImageUser Image

Sevira hadn't ordered any food but merely a large jug of ale to drink slowly as the night dragged on. She watched her two guests and knew that she had to tread carefully over what she said. The wrong thing could involk the wrath of either individual and she wasn't in the mood for a fight. She already expected a flogging from Wilhelm, or even her superiors if word got out. Gods have mercy on her if General "Morningstar" Mason found out. It'd be another lengthly whipping for disobedience. Aleith's sudden question brought her out of her bitter memories.

"Only around 4 years I think. It took a while to get on my feet from my injuries and I endured a lot more for disobedience in the first few months. It wasn't until I started realising my hatred for the world was getting me nowhere and I should try and help others who couldn't help themselves that I got better. I only met and befriended Wilhelm about a year and a half ago, just before I got promoted to Lieutenant," she replied before taking a gulp of her ale.

Hushed murmurs from those near the windows made her groan. It was obvious one of the higher-ups was approaching. Someone at this hour was likely only there to reprimand or capture. She was hoping it was the former and directed at her. She promised protection for these two, so she knew if someone was to capture them she'd have to fight them off. She prayed it was Wilhelm and not Manson. "Let's hope this is settled quickly," she muttered more to herself than the others but she slowly stood and placed a hand on her trusty blade.

VSG12
Captain

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100

Mephis Inferni
Vice Captain

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:19 am
Wilhelm Arctavius

29• Human• Fashrade

User Image
Mood: Contemplative
Current Location: Ale of Kings tavern, Maeven.

Wilhelm opened the door to the Ale of Kings and was met with near silence. Patrons at all tables stared at him, glancing at his sword, expression, and scars in rapid succession. Even with as casually as he was dressed, he was distinguishable in this city. He used the moment of silence to get the attention of the ones he wanted. His expression was neutral, eyes narrowed in concentration as his baritone voice filled the tavern. "Sevira, Captain of the Royal Guard , Veronica Steele, and Aleith Elemaris, also known as The Warrior of Red and Black, please step outside."

He turned, padding towards a rather large clearing now that the commoners had moved out of the way. They knew something was about to happened, hushed whispers echoed around him in a buzz of terrified excitement. He would give them what they want, a show that normally would have cost quite a handsome sum to witness. He shooed some people that were started to crowd in by reaching for the hilt of his broadsword.

OOC: biggrin

ғaѕнrade ĸnιgнтѕ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas