Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:28 pm
Dragon Knight Karasu
Should I wait until Spectral or another mod gets Crush his starter before posting Sarah in Rowan's lab? sweatdrop

Edit: Also, since I don't plan on Sarah getting Flygon straight away and we can use the Daycare Center to sort of just store them while also playing them, do unclaimed Pokemon still get EXP with each post? Or, do they have to be claimed by their trainer?
They would need to be claimed first
But if you like i can proxy for Spec and get you through the lab if you'ed like ?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:05 pm
SpectralEternity
So i need a rules calling on a something here.

Technician: When this pokemon uses attacks that do 60 damage or lower, the power will do x1.5 damage instead ( 1.5 meaning damage and a half correct ? )
Metronome: Damage increases by .2 to moves used consecutively.(x1.2, then x1.4, then x1.6, and so on up until x2 ) ( .2 meaning 20% of the moves base damage correct ? )
Fury Cutter: -40, Damage Doubles After Each Successful Hit.

Just to make sure iv got the math right .... ( keep in mind i didn't learn the american math system so 1.5 to me is damage & a half. So im basing everything off that assumption of mathematics so correct me if im wrong sweatdrop )

40+1.5 Metronome= +20
40+1.2 Technician= +8
Total Dmg increase =28
Total Dmg =68

So with this as my end result do i stack Furry Cutters effect onto the end damage number of just to base 40 ?

This is why i ask ...

Double end result Dmg.
Turn1
Fc 40+1.5 Metronome= 20
Fc 40+1.2 Technician= 0 turn 1 / no effect
Total Dmg increase +20
Total Dmg =60
Turn2
Fc 40+1.5 Metronome= 20
Fc 40+1.2 Technician= 8
Total Dmg increase +28
Total Dmg =68
Fc effect 68x2=136 Dmg
Turn3
Fc 40+1.5 Metronome= 20
Fc 40+1.2 Technician= 16
Total Dmg increase +36
Total Dmg =96
FC effect 96x2=192
FC effect 192x2=384 Dmg Ext...

Double base attack Dmg
Turn1
Fc 40+1.5 Metronome= 20
Fc 40+1.2 Technician= 8
Total Dmg increase +28
Total Dmg =68
Turn2
Double Fc Dmg 80+1.5 Metronome= 40 =
Double Fc Dmg 80+1.2 Technician= 00 Base Dmg above 60 / ignore
Total Dmg increase +40
Total Dmg = 120 Dmg
Turn3
Double Fc Dmg 160+1.5 Metronome= 80 =
Double Fc Dmg 160+1.2 Technician= 00 Base Dmg above 60 / ignore
Total Dmg increase +80
Total Dmg = 240 Dmg

Really hope you can understand my math gonk  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:20 pm
Ohhmaru-Concoo-Tanoweichi

SpectralEternity
So i need a rules calling on a something here.

Technician: When this pokemon uses attacks that do 60 damage or lower, the power will do x1.5 damage instead ( 1.5 meaning damage and a half correct ? )
Metronome: Damage increases by .2 to moves used consecutively.(x1.2, then x1.4, then x1.6, and so on up until x2 ) ( .2 meaning 20% of the moves base damage correct ? )
Fury Cutter: -40, Damage Doubles After Each Successful Hit.

Just to make sure iv got the math right .... ( keep in mind i didn't learn the american math system so 1.5 to me is damage & a half. So im basing everything off that assumption of mathematics so correct me if im wrong sweatdrop )

40+1.5 Metronome= +20
40+1.2 Technician= +8
Total Dmg increase =28
Total Dmg =68

So with this as my end result do i stack Furry Cutters effect onto the end damage number of just to base 40 ?

This is why i ask ...

Double end result Dmg.
Turn1
Fc 40+1.5 Metronome= 20
Fc 40+1.2 Technician= 8
Total Dmg increase +28
Total Dmg =68
Turn2
Fc 40+1.5 Metronome= 20
Fc 40+1.2 Technician= 8
Total Dmg increase +28
Total Dmg =68
FC effect x2=136 Dmg
Turn3
Fc 40+1.5 Metronome= 20
Fc 40+1.2 Technician= 8
Total Dmg increase +28
Total Dmg =68
FC effect x2=136
FC effect x2=272 Dmg Ext...

Double base attack Dmg
Turn1
Fc 40+1.5 Metronome= 20
Fc 40+1.2 Technician= 8
Total Dmg increase +28
Total Dmg =68
Turn2
Double Fc Dmg 80+1.5 Metronome= 40 =
Double Fc Dmg 80+1.2 Technician= 00 Base Dmg above 60 / ignore
Total Dmg increase +40
Total Dmg = 120 Dmg
Turn3
Double Fc Dmg 160+1.5 Metronome= 80 =
Double Fc Dmg 160+1.2 Technician= 00 Base Dmg above 60 / ignore
Total Dmg increase +80
Total Dmg = 240 Dmg

Really hope you can understand my math gonk

You have the right idea at first, but in your calculations below you have metronome set to 1.5 for each attack instead of starting at x1.2 damage and increasing .2 for each attack. Also, Fury Cutter's description needs to be edited, because that description is confusing. Fury Cutter's base power starts at 40 and then doubles each time it is used consecutively, so the second set of calculations is correct for fury cutter, with the exception of the metronome item not being calculated correctly.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:51 pm
SpectralEternity

You have the right idea at first, but in your calculations below you have metronome set to 1.5 for each attack instead of starting at x1.2 damage and increasing .2 for each attack. Also, Fury Cutter's description needs to be edited, because that description is confusing. Fury Cutter's base power starts at 40 and then doubles each time it is used consecutively, so the second set of calculations is correct for fury cutter, with the exception of the metronome item not being calculated correctly.

So this then ?
Yeah i was home schooled for a lot and this wasn't ever something i was taught much of so im sort of self teaching as i go and refreshing, sorry sweatdrop

Turn1
Fc 40+1.2 Metronome= 0 Turn 1 / No effect
Fc 40+1.5 Technician= 20
Total Dmg increase +20
Total Dmg =60
Turn2
Double Fc Dmg 80+1.2 Metronome= 16
Double Fc Dmg 80+1.5 Technician= 00 Base Dmg above 60 / ignore
Total Dmg increase +16
Total Dmg = 96 Dmg
Turn3
Double Fc Dmg 160+1.4 Metronome= 64
Double Fc Dmg 160+1.5 Technician= 00 Base Dmg above 60 / ignore
Total Dmg increase + 64
Total Dmg = 224 Dmg

I don't know this just sort of seems off to me neutral

Also how do i apply resistance do i just cut the end results to one half ? so turn 3 is 112 damage ? Plus Lv Dmg increase and opponents buff effects. Which reminds me when do i add the Lv bonuses ? Just stack it onto the base damage ? so like Furry cutter with a +20 Lv increase does 60 before anything else and wouldn't that need to be calculated into effects for the metronome and technician effects or do i just stack it onto the end result before calculating Weakness/Resistance ?

If i may after this can i add this onto the battle threads for clarification ?  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:24 pm
SpectralEternity

So this then ?
Yeah i was home schooled for a lot and this wasn't ever something i was taught much of so im sort of self teaching as i go and refreshing, sorry sweatdrop

Turn1
Fc 40+1.5 Technician= 20
Total Dmg increase +20
Total Dmg =60
Turn2
Total Dmg increase +16
Total Dmg = 96 Dmg
Turn3
Total Dmg increase + 64
Total Dmg = 224 Dmg

Also how do i apply resistance do i just cut the end results to one half ? so turn 3 is 112 damage ? Plus Lv Dmg increase and opponents buff effects. Which reminds me when do i add the Lv bonuses ? Just stack it onto the base damage ? so like Furry cutter with a +20 Lv increase does 60 before anything else and wouldn't that need to be calculated into effects for the metronome and technician effects or do i just stack it onto the end result before calculating Weakness/Resistance ?

Tano ya sneaky devil : 0 Stepping in for Specs here, but yup, that looks right. We may end up taking another look at Metronome if the pile-up effect ends up going out of proportion, but I'd say for now your calculations are on.

As for resistance, that would be at the end, because it has to do with the pokemon's defense against that type of move. So yes turn three would be 112 damage if the pokemon is resistant to bug type.

Level bonus attacks go onto the base attack (so tacked on with that 64, before resistance/weakness is calculated), defense bonuses are at the end (so tacked on at the time of resistance/weakness calculations) ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:37 pm
Loonamist
SpectralEternity

So this then ?

Turn1
Fc 40+1.5 Technician= 20
Total Dmg increase +20
Total Dmg =60
Turn2
Total Dmg increase +16
Total Dmg = 96 Dmg
Turn3
Total Dmg increase + 64
Total Dmg = 224 Dmg

Tano ya sneaky devil : 0 Stepping in for Specs here, but yup, that looks right. We may end up taking another look at Metronome if the pile-up effect ends up going out of proportion, but I'd say for now your calculations are on.

As for resistance, that would be at the end, because it has to do with the pokemon's defense against that type of move. So yes turn three would be 112 damage if the pokemon is resistant to bug type.

Level bonus attacks go onto the base attack (so tacked on with that 64, before resistance/weakness is calculated), defense bonuses are at the end (so tacked on at the time of resistance/weakness calculations) ^^
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. lol Im not sneaky, at least not intentionally lol

Ok yeah i got it now .... Math make Tano head hurt loona. Help tano not hurt !

But for real i just needed to make sure before i end Whitneys bunk a** scream

I have a love hate relationship for this gym. I love her for being so damn tough but its also the reason i loath her soooo stressed JUST FLIPPING DIE MILKTANK ! scream scream  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:48 pm
Loonamist
SpectralEternity

So this then ?

Turn1
Fc 40+1.5 Technician= 20
Total Dmg increase +20
Total Dmg =60
Turn2
Total Dmg increase +16
Total Dmg = 96 Dmg
Turn3
Total Dmg increase + 64
Total Dmg = 224 Dmg

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. lol Im not sneaky, at least not intentionally lol

I have a love hate relationship for this gym. I love her for being so damn tough but its also the reason i loath her soooo stressed JUST FLIPPING DIE MILKTANK ! scream scream

Haaaaa that picture....
=w=

But, I understand. There's a lot to keep track of, especially while still adjusting to it. It makes sense, btu still, the adjustment is a little rocky. Luckily we have lots of people to help each other out, and I'm always happy to help : )

Heh, totally understand that, for sure x3 Love the challenge, but it gooooes oooonnnn and ooooonnnnn  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:52 pm
Loonamist
SpectralEternity

So this then ?

Turn1
Fc 40+1.5 Technician= 20
Total Dmg increase +20
Total Dmg =60
Turn2
Total Dmg increase +16
Total Dmg = 96 Dmg
Turn3
Total Dmg increase + 64
Total Dmg = 224 Dmg

Boop. Sorry to bump in uninvited... Just got one question... Why is it that everyone I hear talk about Whitney always complains about how difficult she is? I mean, did she get a buff or something in gen 4? Yeah, I get that the Miltank has Scrappy now, which means no trolling it with Gastly, but... I dunno, maybe I'm strange, maybe it has something to do with only fighting her in Gold and Crystal, maybe it has to do with my team being level 20 before fighting her, but I know I've never had too many problems with her... Sorry, it's just been something that has always confused me. sweatdrop  

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:47 pm
Loonamist
Hay how does a pokemon snap out of being cunfused ? We never worked that out gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:49 pm
Lia Syuki
In the original games and even into the remakes you couldn't get any fighting types or fighting type moves without a great deal of work.  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:02 pm
Lia Syuki
In the original games and even into the remakes you couldn't get any fighting types or fighting type moves without a great deal of work.
...So...? ...I always trashed her with a Furret using the Headbutt TM you get in Ilex Forest... And just because you can't get a fighting type move, that doesn't mean electric, water, or poison can't trash her... Okay, maybe not the poison, since your early source of that was Spinirak, and that would get squished pretty easily by Rollout, while Oddish and Bellsprout were never things I paid much mind to. But between Furret, Noctowl's Hypnosis if you grabbed it (its speed at least gave it a chance to move before Miltank started its roll of doom), Flaffy, Quagsire, and whatever your starter was... It just seems a bit odd that, with all that, people had a hard time just because they couldn't go with good old super effectiveness.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:09 pm
Lia Syuki
Lia Syuki
...So...? ...I always trashed her with a Furret using the Headbutt TM you get in Ilex Forest... And just because you can't get a fighting type move, that doesn't mean electric, water, or poison can't trash her... Okay, maybe not the poison, since your early source of that was Spinirak, and that would get squished pretty easily by Rollout, while Oddish and Bellsprout were never things I paid much mind to. But between Furret, Noctowl's Hypnosis if you grabbed it (its speed at least gave it a chance to move before Miltank started its roll of doom), Flaffy, Quagsire, and whatever your starter was... It just seems a bit odd that, with all that, people had a hard time just because they couldn't go with good old super effectiveness.
Yeah i know but i think it also came down to patience and skills and for me back in the day i was trying to beat her with an drowzy sweatdrop but in SS & HG i use pawning her with a Flaaffy and a Butterfree. I just never got past her from when i first got into the games and how many times she sent my butt packing. Also as a kid i was stupid and only learned about type advantage when pearl and diamond came out sweatdrop after then i started to own the game xp  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:20 pm
Lia Syuki
Lia Syuki
Yeah i know but i think it also came down to patience and skills and for me back in the day i was trying to beat her with an drowzy sweatdrop but in SS & HG i use pawning her with a Flaaffy and a Butterfree. I just never got past her from when i first got into the games and how many times she sent my butt packing. Also as a kid i was stupid and only learned about type advantage when pearl and diamond came out sweatdrop after then i started to own the game xp
*nod nod* That makes a bit more sense. I know it's tough for me to stick to my leveling strategies now, and I'd bet it was harder when I was younger. Not like today how no one bats an eye when you level grind for five hours. And how could I forget about Butterfree!? emotion_jawdrop That little guy was my ultimate middle finger to tough gym leaders in the early gens! Eat Confusion, Onix! twisted Even Koga learned to fear that little butterfly. XD But yeah, it probably helped that I played Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2... The trainers in there were brutal if you didn't know what you were doing, and that's not even counting the question of whether confusion (the condition, not the move) was rigged in there or not. :c If I didn't understand type advantages before playing, I certainly did after. Also helped that I went through Earl's Academy in Stadium 2. Got me up to speed with held items and other important stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:20 pm
Loonamist
Hay how does a pokemon snap out of being cunfused ? We never worked that out gonk

Oof! You're right! Sorry. Roll a 4 sided dice, the number it comes to is the number of turns the pokemon will be confused for : ) I'll go edit that into the conditions page.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:23 pm
Loonamist
Loonamist

Oof! You're right! Sorry. Roll a 4 sided dice, the number it comes to is the number of turns the pokemon will be confused for : ) I'll go edit that into the conditions page.
@~@ i have to re do the second part of the gym battle then

also attract isn't up their ether ! Iv been rolling a D4 for that. Evens and odds you know.  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff