Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Herbology II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:30 pm
User Image _______________________________________

User Image User Image

A yawn exploded into the earthy breeze of fresh cut grass and dandelion weeds as he strolled from the castle grounds to the greenhouse while the yellowing grass and turning leaves crunched beneath each step. The grizzly professor stood at the forefront of the greenhouse beside an abyssinian shrivelfig, and at least half a dozen more trees were scattered across the room in place of desks and chairs. Tristan shuffled beside one of the taller potted plants, he leaned over with hunched shoulders as he dropped his satchel at his feet and dug for a pair of dragonhide gloves. As the professor began his lecture, the young Slytherin began to examine his shrivelfig to take stock of both healthy and barren limbs before ever rising a pair of shears to it. Once Professor Hill's demonstration had concluded. Tristan promptly began to sift through leaves and branches, until finally relocating those shriveled, deformed branches and snipped them away.

[OOC: ]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          LOCATION:: Herbology Class】 【COMPANY:: Second Years'】 【ATTIRE:: house robes】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 5'1", 106lbs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:45 pm
User Image
xSera Maybelle Averyxxxxx
xxxx<2nd Year>

Time: 2030-2031
Dressed: Slytherin Robes
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Sera never dreaded the class of Herbology like some students in her year and others did. She respected the man's authoritarian touch. It was no nonsense and precise. She could handle that. When they were to pair with a tree, Sera decided to join Tristan and said, "If you don't mind I'll be joining you." As she watched Tristan began she said quietly before starting her own careful search for shriveled leaves to trim, "You seem quite good at this. Herbology one of your talents? Do you happen to have the figurative green thumb people speak of Tristan?" As she asked her question she snipped a few shriveled leaves, her focus primarily on the tree she worked with though she waited for her housemate's answer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                            Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:28 am
User Image
                                                  Take all of your wasted honor
                                                  Every little past frustration
                                                  Take all of your so-called problems,
                                                  Better put 'em in quotations

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

𝒮𝑒𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒹 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 || ℋ𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 || 𝐵𝑒𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

════════════════════════

Zeph sighed as he entered the classroom and realized that yes, Porfessor Hill was still there. The guy gave off creepy vibes like no one he had ever met before, well, save for his cousin. In place of all of the chairs and tables, he noticed instead that they were working on trees. He found his way over to one of them and dropped his bag next to the tree, listening to the professor before he pulled out his gloves and watched the demonstration that the man was giving. When he was finished, he took up a pair of shears and looked over the tree. It didn't look like there were a lot of branches that needed pruning, so he just started working on the withered branches he could see. He carefully snipped off a few, feeling more confident about this assignment. This was easy, at least finding dead things and taking them off. He wondered if the professor even realized that this was a pretty easy assignment. If not, well, not much he could do but follow instruction.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Wow, this isn't that hard.
                                                  OOC:
                                                  Snow

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even if your hands are shaking
                                                  And your faith is broken
                                                  Even as the eyes are closing
                                                  Do it with a heart wide open

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLionel Santiago Lira
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHufflepuffxSecond Year

"There are big ships and small ships."

Lionel had walked into class rather early yet again, but his friend Zeph was still there first. Leo took a seat a few seats behind him because he figured Zeph would be just about sick of him by then. When he heard the assingment, he looked to the trees. This was one of his heavily favored classes for whatever reason and despite the professor's grave attitude and strictness, Lionel somehow got some enjoyment out of the class. He didn't mind Professor Hill even. Leo just knew not to speak out of turn or ask dumb questions, which the latter of the two he sometimes did, but he hadn't had any mishaps in Hill's class...fortunately. It wasn't that Lionel was stupid; the boy just didn't think sometimes and that in turn led to some stupid questions.

When he heard the assignment, he instantly went to finding the dead looking stalks and promptly snipping them off. It wasn't that hard of an assignment and Leo didn't really have a problem doing any of it.

"But the best ship of all is friendship"

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:55 pm
User Image User Image
Dressed: Her Uniform

Alice came to the greenhouses to find, yes, Professor Hill, the scariest professor Alice could think of was still there. He reminded of some scary person from some scary story or something. She always hoped it was just a front but something about him felt like that wasn't the case. She took her position by a tree, watching the demonstration and listening careful. It didn't seem too hard. Was there a catch? No, Alice decided, she was just going to be confident and patient. So, she began carefully parting the leaves to find the shriveled ones she gently snipped off. The action was soothing, actually, she decided with a small smile. She was helping the plant and she was sure she was doing it right.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:25 pm
                          User Image
                          mc2

【 LOCATION 】 greenhouses x 【 MOOD 】 bored x 【 COMPANY 】 second years, alice x 【 CLOTHING 】 uniform

Sybil wandered into the greenhouses to find some tall plants sitting throughout the room -- shrivelfigs, if Sybil was correct...which she soon found out she was. It wasn't her first time dealing with them; once upon a time her mother once had them in their greenhouses. Sybil was rather pleased to be dealing with something she had before... So, Sybil pulled on her gloves and began searching for a plant. Grabbing one on her own would've been easy, but Sybil did need to start making friends, didn't she? So, she walked over to the plant Alice Beckstead was at and asked "Would you mind if I joined you?" As she watched Alice begin to snip the dead stalks, Sybil began looking herself, carefully parting the leaves and clipping the dead ones, as the professor had said. "So...um...do you like Herbology?" She asked. Sybil was a little awkward with small talk and really wasn't too sure on what exactly she was supposed to talk about...

【 OOC 】 hope you don't mind q v q

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:44 pm
User Image

User Image

Gryffindor │ Second Year │ Muggleborn

Levi walked into the greenhouses, his materials under his arm. He decided that he needed to start actually taking importance in his subjects, even if he didn't particularly care for them. Which was the case for Herbology. It wasn't just the professor--he never had much of a green thumb, even if he did appreciate the beauty of certain plants and flowers. He sat in front of a lone tree, one that Professor Hill referred to as an Abysinnian shrivelfig or something like that. He had never even heard of Abyssinia before.

Deciding not to distract himself by pairing up with a friend, he got to shearing off what seemed to be dead stalks just as instructed. Not so hard.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:29 pm
User Image User Image
Dressed: Her Uniform

Alice looked up when one of her roommates joined her and asked if she minded. Alice shook her head, the girl seemed rather quiet and shy too. "No, not at all," Alice said quietly. "It's Sybil right?" She gave the other girl a small smile and looked up from her work when asked about Herbology, "It's okay. I like living plants and flowers better than cut ones at least..." She trailed off and blushed at how much she said. "Um, what about you? About herbology I mean?"

{OoC: I don't mind at all.}
stitchkin babe

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:08 pm
                          User Image
                          mc2

【 LOCATION 】 greenhouses x 【 MOOD 】 bored x 【 COMPANY 】 second years, alice x 【 CLOTHING 】 uniform

Sybil nodded slightly, realising that she hadn't actually introduced herself... "And you're Alice...?" She asked, lifting an eyebrow. She didn't really try to give the other girl a smile in return, as Sybil wasn't the best at actually having other facial expressions...she felt bad about that, maybe the girl would think Sybil was unkind or just a straight-up a*****e for not doing so, but really, her facial expressions were limited... She huffed out a laugh at Alice's response. "I do believe that live flowers and plants are better than cut ones are better to just about anyone." She commented, finding another dead stalk and cutting it. "Unless you're one of those with a 'black thumb', of course..." She shurgged. Sybil, herself, had never really had that problem. As for how Sybil felt about Herbology... "Well, my mum has greenhouses and gardens full of magical plants and I usually help out a lot with it...suffice it to say, I rather like herbology. Calming, I think..." She said, shrugging a bit. Sybil realised what all she'd said and pursed her lips. She probably hadn't had to mention her mother's gardens, did she?

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:40 am

User Image User Image

”If I did mind, would that stop you?” He pondered aloud, not exactly expecting her to answer but still flashed a rhetoric grin just in case she took offense. After he snipped a thin and frail branch that seemed to have been some pests breakfast, he dropped the broken limb to a small, scattered pile at his feet. ”I don't mind, actually—in case you were wondering,” Tristan felt inclined to add because if he's learned anything about Sera, it was her gross lack of humor. ”Learned from my da'... he's a herbologist, but he specializes in wand wood bearing trees for wandmakers, s'bloody boring, sometimes. It can take weeks just to find one magical tree.” He groaned, suddenly reminiscent of all those camping trips he had taken with his father, a subconscious hand floated to his forearm and that scar hidden beneath the sleeves of his robe. ”You don't seem to be enjoying this class much though; or maybe you are and I just can't tell... Let me guess? You'd prefer charms or defense against the dark arts, hm? Least your wand does, anyway... Pink ivory, right? It's a real beauty.” He hoped he didn't seem stalkerish. But he loved wands, he knew most of his classmates wand woods' already, at least the interesting ones. ”What's it paired with?”

LOCATION:: Herbology Class】 【COMPANY:: Sera'】 【ATTIRE:: house robes】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 5'1", 106lbs

mc2

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:33 pm
Your eyes are wide shut but you know...
Buried alive by the lies in your soul...
Your stride is a blind man's stroll;
Well, for whom does the next bell toll?
So if you want to push, I'm gonna shove.
If you want to spar, we can do it without gloves.
If you're gonna run at me, you'd better do it hard;
I fear no fall, no brawl, no scars.

User Image
A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

second yeargryffindormuggleborn

Aster enjoyed Herbology not because of the material, which she was bad at, but the professor. Professor Hill was always interesting, especially when he got angry. At least there was no stupid boring review. She stood in front of her tree and grinned as she picked up her shears with glove covered hands. Prepare to meet your fate, Shrivelfig. She promptly set about hacking off any dead or dying looking branches she saw.

OOC:
Username

I'm one shade short of alarm;
I'm so far past wrath that I'm calm.
Now you see, a wise man learns from your mistakes,
And lets the blunders of his fellows serve to fill his plate.
So you'd best be on your way before the tidal wave breaks;
You don't want to come to meet the reaper that awaits.
You don't want to say any more than a mime; you can't afford-
And you don't want to let this turn into lines of mine and yours.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:47 pm
User Image
xSera Maybelle Averyxxxxx
xxxx<2nd Year>

Dressed: Slytherin Robes

Sera was about to ask the rhetorical question about if he cared of her joining if it would stop her when he clarified that he didn't actually mind. "Oh, that is good," She answered, before looking up as he went on to explain how he got to be good at herbology. It made sense if his Dad was a herbologist that he'd pick it up, or if his Dad was a hands on Dad. It made her the slightest bit envious, not that she wished to find out about whatever dull ministry job her father had, but the fact that Tristan's father chose to spend time with him. Maybe it was the fact Tristan was a boy or maybe it was merely a difference in fathers. After all, Sera's brother Alec was being shipped off to charms school too. She shrugged as she worked when he said she didn't seem to be enjoying the class much, but looked back to him when he began to guess her preferred classes and mentioned his guess was because of her wand. "Yes, pink ivory," She answered, "It's a distinct color, I suppose. But, defense against the dark arts I prefer. I like history too, though. It's fascinating though I feel like muggle history is more interesting when it comes to war history. They find some truly fascinatingly horrid ways to fight. But, no... it isn't that I entirely mind herbology. To be honest I quite like Professor Hill's approach. I can't stand being coddled like some professors do." She paused and smiled some when he asked about what her wand was paired with, "Phoenix feather core. And thank-you for the compliment on the wand. I'm sort of fond of it myself. It's pretty but powerful. Remind me though not to get into a duel with you, though, your knowledge at wands might put me at a disadvantage," she added.

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:47 am

User Image

User Image

Sprucing the limbs and separating the individual leaves to soak up as much sunshine as possible, Tristan decided his half of the shrivelfig tree was decidedly healthy, nothing he could visibly see that needed pruning. Still, instead of garnering Professor Hill's attention, he continued his aimless shuffle through the branches preferring not to draw any unwanted attention to himself. He'd already made the conscious decision to avoid the grown wolf like a plague; Tristan wasn't fond of the natural subservient attitude that he seemed to exude in this class. And even though he knew he was doing it, he couldn't help it either, which only pissed him off all the more. Especially since, once a month, Tristan's flinging and dragging himself to class like some deranged half transfigured fish whose gills just turned to lungs, but still had fins instead of feet. Not Hill though, no, he still manages to look like the same, old, angry, ornery wanker that he's always been. And really? ******** off with that s**t. It's not fair. ”It is.” Tristan agreed with a soft hum. ”Thin too, which means better focus and higher accuracy, usually, anyway...” He snorted at her next statement, fully caught off guard and left reeling in silence. ”War history huh?” That amused him more than he could ever explain. ”I dunno, I kinda like being coddled,” he admitted offhandedly, partially because it was true but mostly just to disagree. ”What can I say? I'm a sucker for professors who let me eat and sleep in class.” Growing bored of poking around the plant, he dropped his arms at his side and whistled an upbeat tune, until Sera had decided a “thank you” was in order, which Tristan responded with a “the ********?” tilt of his head. ”You don't have to thank me... I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true. Truth shouldn't need a thank you.” He blinked, beetled his brows in thought and quickly added, ”Wands are fickle. The disadvantage wouldn't be because of that.” He blurted out, then tried to cover it up with a shrug and moved back in on the plant, pretending to focus his attention on the branches, but really, he was trying to gauge her reaction without being too obvious.

LOCATION:: Herbology Class】 【COMPANY:: Sera'】 【ATTIRE:: house robes】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 5'1", 106lbs

mc2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:10 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason entered the classroom where the tables and chairs had been replaced from the last lesson, ready to work. Setting up for the new lesson was easy, as there were two pots per student, one already with a plant inside, and the other just filled halfway with soil. There was also a collection of earmuffs of various sizes and colours on the front table, where Jason settled as he waited for the students to enter.

It didn't take long for the classroom to fill up, which Jason shut with a wave of his wand and shut and locked the door. His eyes then bore into the students seated before him.
                                                      "Considering how you did last lesson, I am honestly surprised. At least a few of you seemed to be more competent than you showed last year, and I am highly disappointed that you did not reveal this during classes. As such, I don't find myself feeling as though this class is going to be a complete disaster like I fear it could easily be. However, I will state right now that I find anyone acting as fools or incompetents during this lesson, you will be kicked from the classroom immediately. No exceptions." Jason gestured to the plant beside him, which shook lightly as he spoke. "This, students, is a mandragora, or what is commonly called a Mandrake. Mandrakes, if handled improperly, can kill a person that is handling them. I imagine that some of you would be willing to test this theory, but I assure you, these mandrakes are incapable of killing at their current age. Mandrakes, when fully grown, kill with their screams. These ones, however, are too immature to kill in that fashion. Anyone here know precisely why that would be?"

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: If anyone tries anything foolish this class...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLionel Santiago Lira
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHufflepuffxSecond Year

"There are big ships and small ships."

Lionel walked into one of the classes that he liked the most, taking a seat to himself because it seemed that he was the first to show up out of everyone. He had done a bit of reading before this on the subject they would be learning. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough. He was always good with learning about plants and how they behave. And when he heard they would be learning about mandrake, a small smile formed on his face. That was one of things he covered while reading. So, when the professor started to talk about them, it was almost as if he already knew a lot of it. Of course, he touched upon things that the book didn't too.

When the professor gave them a question to answer, Leo raised his hand rather shyly, but he did answer. "I know in their earlier stages of life that a Mandrake can only produce a scream that can knock you out for a bit. I imagine what produces the scream isn't exactly fully grown when they are young, which would be the reason why they can't produce such a scream," he said, theorizing on the last part a bit, but it sounded right to him. He hoped it was at least, or the professor would chew him out or something.

"But the best ship of all is friendship"

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces