Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion] parent's reaction when they saw you liked Yaoi? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What happened when they found out!?
  I was in trouble
  I got yelled at
  They dont know! >.<
  They were fine with it! O.O
View Results

CrmsnButterfly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:24 pm
My dad is "okay with homosexuality"... you know, so long as a member of his family isn't gay or even has a possibility of being gay.

So me, I'm not gay, but I think that shounen ai stuff is pretty good. I don't mind a little bit of boy-boy stuff. But anyways...
*cough* It was a horrible day when dad decided to be interested in my anime watching... of course it was the day I started watching the Gravitation video's my friend lent me.

Who can imagine how that went over?! gonk gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:25 am
Jasper Yue
My dad laughed about it. My mom still doesn't know, and I intend to keep it that way.
Same with me my dad didnt laugh he got freeked out sweatdrop  

Hisoka1980

Sexxiedanka02

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:38 am
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones o.o;;;. I asked my mom when we were having our special mother daughter outing dinner what she thught of gay people. At first i got the old response, are you gay? =_= I was like no mom. Then I explained to her what Yaoi was and she was just like ok honey if thats your prefeerance then dont worry about it. She just didn't want me to hide anything from her. So i can buy yaoi manga all i want, i even sent her to the book store to buy me Fake and then one time her friend needed to use my computor when I was away at a friends house and so i was like crap, mom if you see gayy men having sex on my backround please ignore that and she was just like your gay men? I was like, yup my gay men. xD, though i think my grandma would have a heart attack because shes not as open minded as my mom but hey she lives in New york a good few states away from us ^_^ besides when i go to new york this summer my crazed yaoi friend asked me to go this store for her and buy her this huge yaoi book of manga pictures and what ever, my grandma would be like whats that, ill just be like cartoons, she wont even know what it really is SHHHHHH xD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:30 am
er, I'm sure my parents know because I look at this kind of stuff all the time when they are in the room but I think they just choose to ignore it or something, but I haven't really gonw out of my way to tell them or anything  

Whoop Rico 3

Diglett Girl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:03 am
Well, my parents found at and at first they went crazy; being right-wings, an' all. So, I got a huge lecture, and that was the end of that. My wallpaper is always some kind of BL, whether it's Loveless, DNAngel slash, Star Ocean II slash, Gravitation, whatever the case may be. Whenever my mum walks into the room, I hear her muttering to herself that the uke is a girl. She's trying to convince herself of that, because there's nothing she can really do about it. She's not Hitler. x.x Now, when I tell 'em I'm bi, that's going to be something... ... Not 'till after college.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 am
Well,when i first told my mom about shounen ai she just though it was a passing faze..that i would get over it.But after 1 year of stile being into it she started to tell me things.She'd always ask"Do you nkow what gay guys do?"....I already knew though.But now it been 3 years and now she buys me shounen ai and yaoi 3nodding she even watchs Gravitation and Sukisho with me blaugh  

Demongirl1123

Mrs.SexiNagi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:56 pm
When my mom seen she didn't care that much, she thought it was cute. If my dad knew he would like die. lol razz  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:26 pm
They dont't KNOW that I like yaoi, they know that I'm ok with male/male relationships, but that's it and I don't plan to tell them anyway. My sister knows, and she thinks that I'm a freak, but I can't care less  

Zachod

Chibi_Oni_chan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:04 pm
I hope my mom just does what she did when I got really into manag/anime. After about a year of still loving it she started to stop being all anti-anime/manga. I hope it's the same for My loving of yaoi!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:52 pm
My parents don't know. They actually ignore me, so it's all good. "As long as you don't get pregnant or do drugs, we don't care."  

phobia2001

LK-chan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:09 pm
Hmph.... I'm more into shounen-ai.... I love the bravery two males have when in love, and all the s**t they go through with gay bashers. My mom, when she found out that I supported gays, threatened to disown me. I told her that people are people, and that what really matters is the soul of a person. A soul is sexless... the gays can't help the body they got zipped up in. My mom now just drowns me out when I bring up the subject, which is fine. ^^ I love gays.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:13 pm
they don't know and i don't think i'll ever tell them.

my dad is a freeking homophobe and my mom...well, she SAYS she's open-minded, but she told me a few months ago to 'not be identified with a certain group of friends' and not to hng out with...[ehm.] T-birds. WTH?
in other words, gay people.
Kinda impossible really, since i'm at an ALL GIRLS school.
Lock us all up together, why doncha?

If one of my friends turned out to be gay, I wouldn't care.
I'd love him or her all the more for telling me about it!  

blackandwhiterainbows

blackandwhiterainbows

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:15 pm
basically, i'm supportive of NAOI. a/i: Yaoi, non-yaoi, and everything else...
Though absolutely LOVE heart YAOI. heart
domokun go figure. domokun  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:19 am
Thats a cool word Naoi haha  

Chibi_Oni_chan

rheaLION

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:24 am
i don't think my parents exactly found out..i don't know..i think there was a time i was reading one and they were looking at it..and in the end my parents didn't say anything..i think they didn't notice the making out scenes or the love scenes. :S  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff