Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
BrookM tries to paint stuff occasionally Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:22 pm
Stupid git. emotion_c8  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:23 am
So, we had an awesome gaming day yesterday of about 8+ hours and at the end of the day it was decided that two of the players had earned the right to have a custom mini of their own.

So enter Miller, in goat armour and brandishing a pair of axes (oh yes, he got ambidextrous!), this armour is amazing, especially when he uses it. Sure, the axes are frail, but right now he's doing nothing but good with those to date. Plus they're easy to replace whenever one breaks or gets eaten. He also has one of the Butcher's axes right now, so we're hoping, when we get to our next designated Nemesis encounter, that we can nab the other one from him and have this guy go on rampages with both of those.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And here's Kimimaru, probably my new favourite mini of the bunch, right after my own Twilight Knight. As fiddly as some of the parts are, it is quite rewarding to kitbash together a 100% WYSIWYG survivor, in this case rawhide armour, catgut bow, quiver of special arrows and a whisker harp.

And here's the two bros together:

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:39 am
I suppose this is still a thing. Three out of four suits are now done, with a fifth one, an Acheron, on its way to me some time early next year. I also still need to do the carapace-mounts and two of the nobles, but all in due time.

Also working on an allied Mechanicum tech priest..

And not sure what this will be just yet, maybe a Myrmidon Destructor..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:52 am
BrookM

[img]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0034/6452/products/Nepharya-FIG_zpsf799d2ef__13442.1403063334.1280.1280.jpg?v=1448567026[img]

eek heart  

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:52 am
BrookM
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0034/6452/products/Nepharya-FIG_zpsf799d2ef__13442.1403063334.1280.1280.jpg?v=1448567026

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0034/6452/products/Mcha_JB_FIG__32721.1416414847.1280.1280.jpg?v=1448480067

And i'm jealous ....
cat_xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:17 am
Asmondai
eek heart

Tiina Brown
And i'm jealous ....
cat_xd

Just a word of caution, as pretty as the model may look, it is an outright nightmare to assemble. The tentacles and smaller mechadendrites on her back are all separate pieces and quite fiddly at that. The tentacles in particular have rather annoying connection points that require strong glue and the patience of a fabricator as you keep them in place long enough for the bond to form.

Also, the model comes with a 28mm base, which is way too small for a model of that height and width. Here's a crappy picture of the model mounted on a much more comfortable, not to mention complementary 50mm base:

Some of the joins between the tentacles are also painfully visible now, but after priming the model they thankfully vanished for the most part.

I also started work on nightmare #2: the mecha.

I replaced the atrocious weapons with spares I had left over from a Centurion boxed set, turning it into something of a mining rig I suppose. I also swapped the head for one from Statuesque Miniatures, because the heads that came with it didn't catch my fancy.

A rock drill, counts as a power fist of sorts I suppose.

An improvised meltagun of sorts, don't know what it'll count as, but there you have it.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:34 am
You could always count that Rock Drill as a Siege Drill/Wrecker. Also that weapon on the right arm could be counted as a Flamestorm Cannon.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:06 am
BrookM
Asmondai
eek heart

Tiina Brown
And i'm jealous ....
cat_xd

Just a word of caution, as pretty as the model may look, it is an outright nightmare to assemble. The tentacles and smaller mechadendrites on her back are all separate pieces and quite fiddly at that. The tentacles in particular have rather annoying connection points that require strong glue and the patience of a fabricator as you keep them in place long enough for the bond to form.

Also, the model comes with a 28mm base, which is way too small for a model of that height and width. Here's a crappy picture of the model mounted on a much more comfortable, not to mention complementary 50mm base:

Thanks for the heads up and more importanly the picture,
wasn´t sure if the model is bigger for a 50mm base.
Would work nicely as a hq choise for the Cult Mechanicus. mrgreen

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:12 pm
Sean King
You could always count that Rock Drill as a Siege Drill/Wrecker. Also that weapon on the right arm could be counted as a Flamestorm Cannon.
That did cross my mind, however aside from fielding a Contemptor Dreadnought for my Ultramarine allies I see no use for more Dreads myself, plus pre-Heresy marines don't have access to Ironclad Dreadnoughts, or at least not the modern one we have now.

Asmondai
Thanks for the heads up and more importanly the picture, wasn´t sure if the model is bigger for a 50mm base.
Would work nicely as a hq choise for the Cult Mechanicus. mrgreen
A 40mm base could probably also do the job, but then the tentacles would stick out a bit too much for my personal liking. I'm usually not opposed to models having some overhang, but with a model this fragile, I'd rather not take any chances.

And yes, this model will become a Magos Prime or Magos Dominus most likely for when I'm looking to get into allied Mechanicum, or at the very least 475 pts of them as an allied formation that I can put alongside a future Ulator.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:57 pm
Actually they do. They just are not expressly called that. They can take both a Siege Wrecker and a Flamestorm cannon.. It is on page 199 in Horus Heresy Book One Betrayal.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:23 am
BrookM
I suppose this is still a thing. Three out of four suits are now done, with a fifth one, an Acheron, on its way to me some time early next year. I also still need to do the carapace-mounts and two of the nobles, but all in due time.

How ronery are you? emotion_c8  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:16 pm
Sean King
Actually they do. They just are not expressly called that. They can take both a Siege Wrecker and a Flamestorm cannon.. It is on page 199 in Horus Heresy Book One Betrayal.
Ah, it's under the angry washing machine entry. Cheers for that, I never really bothered to check that entry as I'm not a big fan of it, plus the Contemptor is superior! emotion_yatta  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:18 pm
Vikki Stardust
I'd sing a song about it, but nobody would understand the agony residing within my soul. emo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:48 pm
BrookM
Vikki Stardust
I'd sing a song about it, but nobody would understand the agony residing within my soul. emo

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:33 am
BrookM
Vikki Stardust

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6b9SQJHRqys/hqdefault.jpg

crying emotion_brofist crying  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas