Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:58 pm
Last Trickster Prince
Shadows10000
Meh, wouldn't be surprising if that happened either...but gods help me, if they make it impossible to get things from the gold shops, heads are gonna ROLL.
I really don't like this new leadership in charge of Gaia. They're too "gimme money" oriented, which isn't at all what Gaia was when I joined. It feels like they're favoring the Gaians who have a lot of disposable income (a lot of which are new arrivals, I feel. May be the wrong impression, but that's the feeling I'm getting) over those of us who have been around for years. Not to mention they're abandoning things that previous owners (*cough*Lanzer*cough*) kept up on. zOMG is one example; the last update to it was what, two years ago with the permanent opening of Dead Man's Shadow?
I was hoping that the EG sink meant the market would go down a little but.. they just used that as an excuse to continue increasing GG amounts! Things like that really diminish my hopes.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they don't really know what they're doing. They tried to apply mainstream techniques to a niche website(and a community at that) and expected it to go smoothly? Or maybe they were hoping to flush out the naysayers with all their bologna. "Gamification?" That's only supposed to be used as a temporary solution. It's not designed for long-term success. They obviously don't know how else to get money out of us if they keep making the same mistakes over and over. They've only recently started rolling out sinks, after almost a year of us begging for them. They're obviously not too concerned with what the market has become. It's become a backburner problem when it should really be top priority. It's just ridiculous.
Pff. They gave up on zOMG! when they left it all to JK. Who is an artist. They only made things worse by nerfing it and then increasing the nerf.
Although, I did read that they're doing some maintenance on the game. I couldn't find details but I think they they might be increasing the cap. They recently increased the booty grab cap to 500k/day. Maybe zOMG! will get something similar. (:

I heard about that too. And hopefully some new areas as well! I'd REALLY like to see the other towns come into zOMG, not just Barton. And some of the lore from the manga as well.
As for the sinks, yeah they finally have them, and they've actually increased the MP fee to 3% (VEEEERRY minor improvement), but they pretty much nullify the sinks by concentrating their GGs when they have a sink out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:05 pm
Shadows10000
I heard about that too. And hopefully some new areas as well! I'd REALLY like to see the other towns come into zOMG, not just Barton. And some of the lore from the manga as well.
As for the sinks, yeah they finally have them, and they've actually increased the MP fee to 3% (VEEEERRY minor improvement), but they pretty much nullify the sinks by concentrating their GGs when they have a sink out.
I highly doubt that will happen since zOMG! doesn't have a team dedicated to it. Besides, they've already stated that no new content will be added to the game. My money's on increasing the cap and adding cash shop advertisements.
*nods* Yes. They're a bunch of idiots.  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:12 pm
Last Trickster Prince
Shadows10000
I highly doubt that will happen since zOMG! doesn't have a team dedicated to it. Besides, they've already stated that no new content will be added to the game. My money's on increasing the cap and adding cash shop advertisements.
*nods* Yes. They're a bunch of idiots.

They...they....*cries*
GAIA! YOU HAVE ANGERED GAMERS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!
I am still going to do that storyline I have about zOMG in the real world. I don't care. And I REALLY don't care what Gaia says is goin' on, I'm going to write in what I believe would happen if you added ALL the towns to the game.
Increasing the gold earnings cap I'm fine with. More than, actually; zOMG, if you know what instances to do, is a rather good way to make money. It's also a great way to blow off steam when you're mad at something...like Gaia's idiot staff.
But...but, seriously! They spent several YEARS developing the game and the world for it! And now, they're abandoning it! Like THAT! For the love of balls, the new management seems to have all the attention span of a hyperactive kitten on crack and Red Bull, surrounded by string.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:25 pm
Shadows10000
They...they....*cries*
GAIA! YOU HAVE ANGERED GAMERS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!
I am still going to do that storyline I have about zOMG in the real world. I don't care. And I REALLY don't care what Gaia says is goin' on, I'm going to write in what I believe would happen if you added ALL the towns to the game.
Increasing the gold earnings cap I'm fine with. More than, actually; zOMG, if you know what instances to do, is a rather good way to make money. It's also a great way to blow off steam when you're mad at something...like Gaia's idiot staff.
But...but, seriously! They spent several YEARS developing the game and the world for it! And now, they're abandoning it! Like THAT! For the love of balls, the new management seems to have all the attention span of a hyperactive kitten on crack and Red Bull, surrounded by string.
*pats back* It's okay. crying

They said the game doesn't make enough money. DMS was our test and we didn't make the quota. That's basically when we knew it was gonna die. They didn't officially announce this until about a year ago. Then they laid off JK, a God among Gamers.
I do agree it's messed up but it was a long time coming. After more and more staff were relocated, it was bound to happen eventually.  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:57 am
Princess Voltari
So here's that form for your guild members.

[quote="Last Trickster Prince"][/quote]

[color=red][i]h[size=9]ello, friend! I'm a member of [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/warning-high-voltage/g.396115/]High Voltage[/url]. (:[/size][/i][/color]

Link to Charity  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:40 am
Last Trickster Prince
Tokaku Azuma-san
Just to be clear, it would be a market where you sell things cheaply compared to the inflated prices of now(the price it should be rather than the price it is?), but have the occasional event where you give away things. Plus, a rewards program where if you help the thread and talk to people, you get points that can be exchanged for items in the Black Market?
A market funded by donations. <3
To clarify, the points grant you access. You still have to pay for the item(at a redonk discount). The points are also required to cash in on contests(excluding page contests). The loyalty program is mostly to keep out trolls, mules and snipers. Like I said, I'm going to make it insanely easy to get points. So it should be no problem for questers to get what they want.

Can we clarify the phrasing of this and put it in the first post, I'm not sure I fully understand.

Do you need points to participate and how are you getting points? How do you keep track of points and what kinds of things are sold in this market?  

Adorkable Monster

Friendly Citizen

Adorkable Monster

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:43 am
Last Trickster Prince
Tokaku Azuma-san
Last Trickster Prince

Oh! I see. How would you know what to sell?

I ask because I'm interested, not because I want to be a bother. Dx
It'll start off with just whatever's on hand. Users are free to request items be put up for sale and I'll see if I can acquire it. :T

What kind of funds do you have for this?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:46 am
Adorkable Monster
Last Trickster Prince
Tokaku Azuma-san
Just to be clear, it would be a market where you sell things cheaply compared to the inflated prices of now(the price it should be rather than the price it is?), but have the occasional event where you give away things. Plus, a rewards program where if you help the thread and talk to people, you get points that can be exchanged for items in the Black Market?
A market funded by donations. <3
To clarify, the points grant you access. You still have to pay for the item(at a redonk discount). The points are also required to cash in on contests(excluding page contests). The loyalty program is mostly to keep out trolls, mules and snipers. Like I said, I'm going to make it insanely easy to get points. So it should be no problem for questers to get what they want.

Can we clarify the phrasing of this and put it in the first post, I'm not sure I fully understand.

Do you need points to participate and how are you getting points? How do you keep track of points and what kinds of things are sold in this market?
Well, all of this information is on the front page(of the charity) but I can clarify.
You need points to participate in the market and contests. There is a list of things you can do to earn these points in the 4th post. The list of Point Standings is also in the 4th post. The Black Market listings are in the 5th post. And if you have a specific request for an item, just tell me and I'll see what I can do.  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:50 am
Adorkable Monster
Last Trickster Prince
Tokaku Azuma-san
Last Trickster Prince

It'll start off with just whatever's on hand. Users are free to request items be put up for sale and I'll see if I can acquire it. :T

1.5Bil pure, 40 items  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:59 am
Last Trickster Prince
Adorkable Monster
Last Trickster Prince
Tokaku Azuma-san
Last Trickster Prince

1.5Bil pure, 40 items

Ah. Right now My main quest is divine Pennarum, but that's a bit out there. @25b

Thanks for all the info. I joined your BM guild and am still reading in your BM thread.  

Adorkable Monster

Friendly Citizen

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:00 pm
Adorkable Monster
Ah. Right now My main quest is divine Pennarum, but that's a bit out there. @25b

Thanks for all the info. I joined your BM guild and am still reading in your BM thread.
No problemo. :T  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:04 pm
Last Trickster Prince
Adorkable Monster

No problemo. :T

Your siggy scares me. I think we've found Gaia's own hypno frog. @_@ All glory to the Ultra Satan.  

Adorkable Monster

Friendly Citizen

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:09 pm
Adorkable Monster
Your siggy scares me. I think we've found Gaia's own hypno frog. @_@ All glory to the Ultra Satan.
All monies to the Ultra Satan.
All monies.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:16 pm
Last Trickster Prince
Adorkable Monster
All monies.

Yeessssss. *offers my all my college savings* @_@

All monies.....  

Adorkable Monster

Friendly Citizen

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:21 pm
Adorkable Monster
Last Trickster Prince
Adorkable Monster
All monies.

Yeessssss. *offers my all my college savings* @_@

All monies.....
That's a good little Gaian. Just keep the gravy train flowin.'  
👜Charities, Quests and Freebies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items