Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply ♻ATG Archive
ATG // 03/10/14 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count (last week we had 69 *giggles* )
  *generates gold*
View Results

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:10 pm
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
.I honestly believe now that they are purposefully making gold an obsolete currency.

That's what many said early on when a lot of this started to happen. I didn't quite believe it was possible, but now I see that it's certainly the case. Yet another example that it's going to be far-reaching for everyone is the Dice Roll example from earlier combined with the ongoing gold generators that award 1Billion-plus on a regular basis. Ugh.

Yup. On the good note...Check out Gaia's Wiki. (Scroll down)

Sweeet! We are reference linked in Wikipedia emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:32 pm
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
.I honestly believe now that they are purposefully making gold an obsolete currency.

That's what many said early on when a lot of this started to happen. I didn't quite believe it was possible, but now I see that it's certainly the case. Yet another example that it's going to be far-reaching for everyone is the Dice Roll example from earlier combined with the ongoing gold generators that award 1Billion-plus on a regular basis. Ugh.

Yup! <3 Mwahahahah the world will see and love us.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:34 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx

wonder what would happen if those petitions were linked in there ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:35 pm
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx

Try it and link with a verified reference to the site. That would be awesome!  

RUMBLE KITTEN

Feral Cat

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:36 pm
RUMBLE KITTEN
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx

Try it and link with a verified reference to the site. That would be awesome!

Unfortunately when I looked again that part of the article was gone. I pasted it back though.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:43 pm
Did they already remove it again? >.< I can't seem to find it. That was awesome though. ^___^  

Cranberry-Conundrum

Fanatical Explorer

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:54 pm
was that our 5 minutes of fame? emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:55 pm
so what are we getting from Dice Roll that is causing deflation?

I ask because I don't use it don't know and at times, don't care.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:08 pm
I think there's a war because I'm not seeing it. Hopefully someone screenies or has it copied somewhere  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:18 pm
Dear Gaia, you are using the Scarcity to your advantage. Back then, items were high priced because they were actually hard to get. Now, you come up with a re-color, you put the item in a bundle, or even in a chance item. The people of Gaia need you to understand that we are not people you can just milk for money, we deserve better, you need to know that "the customer is always right". In this situation, 85% of people are telling you to slim down or even stop with the selling / spamming of GCash items.

ll Rivers ll

Wealthy Giver

14,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:44 pm
Pwnder
so what are we getting from Dice Roll that is causing deflation?

I ask because I don't use it don't know and at times, don't care.

Lots of 03s, Mercury's Moon, some other super rares.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:15 pm
well I capped

and somewhere along the line I lost like 16mil emotion_awesome  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:26 pm
Pandasarenotracist
I have been at my girlfriends house so my log in's for gaia has slowed down. When I logged in Saturday I had 10 new announcements so I got rid of them. When I logged in sunday I had 10 new announcements!!! They need to stop! I'm getting sick of seeing the announcements. -.-

Maybe I'm being unnecessarily optimistic, but a part of me looks at announcements and thinks that they wouldn't be pushing this hard if we weren't having an impact on them. It was one thing when they didn't quite make enough money to get by and they had to start increasing the rate of EIs and invent REIs. Nowadays, there actually are a LOT of people who have become so thoroughly angry at Gaia that they have publicly announced that they will no longer spend any money here, and many have even outright quit.

That's just too much for Gaia not to have taken notice of. I have a feeling they're eventually going to wear themselves out on this and finally concede that we've been right to do this the whole time.

I feel a little sorry for some of the employees now. They must be overworked. Whoever gets on to post as Cygnus/ Jet has to quadruple or more the amount of creative writing he must do each day (we see those witty remarks from that cat every day, but most people don't comprehend how much work actually goes into saying something new every single day, keeping in character, measuring word count, etc.), even through all the recolors/ re-releases the artists are being made to draw more (possibly the reason they rehired some of their old artists), and in general staff activity seems to be higher than it was this time last year or further back in our history.

And for all that B-Skie originally said-- actually said when he was introduced to us-- that he couldn't wait to start interacting with Gaia's users, he almost never logs in at all. Months pass between his logins. So he would of course be the exception, and it would be interesting to know why, beyond Narumi's later protests that it wasn't the CEO's job to interact with us.

Sorry, I went off on a bit of a tangent there. sweatdrop And I logged in earlier today, almost immediately after ATG started, but then due to busyness and severe sleep loss forgot to get on and say anything, so I kinda had a few ideas built up in my head for a while, lol.

Also, @Pandasarenotracist: Your signature sent my entire family into hysterical laughter. Thanks for brightening our day. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:35 pm
kiockalan
its frustrating how the gc items keep skyrocketing in price but stuff like orb aggregate is stuck around 4k.

why doesnt inflation strike everything equally?

Supply. Demand. Popularity. Appearance in Daily Chance. Butts who sold their items to themselves via mules in an effort to force the graphs/ average prices up so they could eventually make a gigantic profit. (I don't know how rare such people are but I've seen it happen.) And butts who hoard and believe they own the prices of those particular items in the MP.

Orb Aggregate is also a zOMG item, and because development on zOMG was dropped two years ago, not as many people play anymore. So there's that possibility.  

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:47 pm
Cranberry-Conundrum
Pwnder
kiockalan
its frustrating how the gc items keep skyrocketing in price but stuff like orb aggregate is stuck around 4k.

why doesnt inflation strike everything equally?

I noticed that it doesn't really affect anything that is the product of free use around here.

But this should prove me wrong

gonk The world has gone mad gonk

That's because of people who don't know what they are doing, when they go to sell an item they just look at the lowest buy price, and go from there like it's legit or something.
That person who posted that for 8mil probably thought they were offering a deal because it's 2mil cheaper than the lowest buy price that came before it emotion_facepalm
One of my best friends would do that, charging almost double the average buy price, and I know she wasn't doing it on purpose, she just didn't know what she was doing. (She was truly wondering why nobody was buying her item when it was the lowest price xD )

It becomes a problem when another person is willing to buy that tire for 8mil because they also don't know what they are doing, and whammo, not only was someone taken advantage of, you've also got a new horrendous average buy price.

But I mean, as long as I can remember there were always people who would try to sell things for insane amounts of gold. It's just sad to see other people follow right along with it. v_v

There is also the possibility of people using the MP as an alternative to trades. I'm only speculating, but this is because I seriously considered it one day among my mules. I was on a slow computer, had only one browser available to me, and needed to get a giant amount of gold off one of my mules to another and I only had a limited amount of time. So I considered listing a cheap item for an outrageous price so nobody would possibly try to buy it, then buying it from myself. By the time I had the item chosen and the 2% tax calculated I realized that the average sales were recorded in the graphs and began to wonder if that would affect the price of the item in the future. (It was a gold shop item, so probably not, but still.) So I changed my mind at the last minute.  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff