Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[CLASS] Teamwork and You (OVER pg. 14!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:25 am
There were not many things that Argyle willingly opted to do for the sake of Amityville's benefit. For the humans? Absolutely. For the school that had been the setting of some of the worst portions of his unlife? Not so much.

But Selene was the exception to that bitter rule, which was how he found himself waiting in front of a cave for her instructions. Or her class's instructions. Whatever.

Unfortunately, he was not the most patient Tlahuelpuchi, so he left the ATV to bother his team of minipets as he waited. Unfortunately for him, they were not in the mood to play, and began to pick at his layered clothing for any signs of hidden FEAR candies. One of the minipets, a Wonder Phoenix, was especially adventurous in its search - it caught the sudden appearance of a whole lot of candy carriers and decided to try them instead.

It was the sound of the Wonder Phoenix's beak clacking against the camera (as it tried to eat the students) that caught Argyle's attention again, and he hurried back to sit where he was supposed to be sitting, as if nothing ever happened.

"Uh, yeah, everything is going fine here in front of this mega-intimidating cave," he called, looking over his shoulder. "I hope all of you intolerant students listened to your exceptionally wonderful professor and have properly educated yourselves on this. It's kind of important, but whatever."

He waved a hand dismissively at the camera, and turned to start the vehicle.

Nothing happened.

He tried again. And again.

"Ugh, so, this thing is...I don't know. I can fix it, I guess." His tone softened when he continued, and he fidgeted with the end of his scarf as he turned sideways in his seat. "Sorry, Selene. I need a minute. Is that okay?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:23 am
"Yes, it's really-" Selene turned around just in time to see Argyle returning to the ATV. "Argy!" She squealed quietly, fumbling with the remote to turn his sound on before he got too far into his speech. His voice filled the air at the word "intolerant", and then almost dropped the remote when a compliment was thrown. She waved her hands, flailing them in front of her, and stuttered out a few incomprehensible words before finally assuring him. "Yes, take your time, I will umm, I will tell them what your minipets are and what you have!" She turned back to the students, red as an apple, and pulled out a chart with pictures of five minipets.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"These are the five minipets that Argyle will be taking with him into the cave. A Wonder Phoenix Pidgeot, Wonder Dragon Charizard, a very shiny Wonder Phoenix Farfetch'd, a Scareon, and a PokePoms Splash. There isn't much to know about them except for some obvious points - don't send our little Wonder Dragon here against any water minipets, all right? Yes? Okay!"

She put down the chart, and held her hand in front of her, counting out items with her fingers as she listed them. "In his backpack, Argyle has a bottle of water, a Seafear Ticket - we're hoping to go on a cruise soon! You didn't need to know that.. Ah, umm, oh yes! The fossil that will hopefully unlock the artifact we're looking for. It's called a Helix Fossil, and it's just an itty bitty thing. No use touching that until we find the artifact, all right? He also has several Fear Candies to heal the minipets if they get hurt, a strange little ball device called a Master Connect that will let us catch a new minipet and add it to our party if we want, and there is a couple of special items left over that might be of some use to our little scareon at some point. It all depends on you!"

She turned back and started to flip switches.

"Let me know when you've got power back, Argy, and I'll hand over power to the students! Oh, this is all so exciting!"  

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:19 am
Muka was still putting together in his head that what they did on the controllers would be controlling what was on the TV. It took all of his will not to just MASH the buttons furiously from the start.

"Awwwww.." The strix sounded disappointed when the minipets were revealed. He did have a few wonder phoenixes back in his dorm but he would have much prefered to traverse the cave with one of his new minis, a bloody crowbar wielding tortopaca.

The strix, instead of sitting, decided to perch on top of his desk in a crouch.

He was probably blocking someone's view. "When can we goooo?" He hooted, unaware his own ghoulfriend was outside the door.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:23 am
Truthfully, Argyle was only bright in the literal sense. The faint glow of his skin cast a pale blue tint across the ATV as he fumbled with every button and lever he could touch, eventually managing to pop the hood. He was obscured from vision as he moved to check its inner workings, which consisted of aimlessly poking at it, and returned without changing anything.

Miraculously, it started up when he tried it again. There was a grin full of pride as he turned back to the camera and gave a firm thumbs up.

"Uh, all set, Selene! So here goes, I guess. Don't be afraid to set any of the entitled--" The feed hiccuped and went silent for a moment. "--straight. You can do it, okay?"

It wasn't exactly clear who the last sentiment was directed to, but the vote of confidence was definitely not for the students.

He made sure everything was in order, checked on the minipets again, and set off into the cave.  

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

Zee Oddwyn

Tenacious Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:40 am
Canon listened with rapt attention as Lottie expounded on the uses of the strange device. She pushed a few of the buttons experimentally, and while they didn't do anything (at least nothing that Canon could see), they were certainly first class buttons!

"She sure does!" she answered for Lottie when the owl boil loomed over the both of them with his question.

Canon obediently ran back across the tops of the desks to the one she'd tumbled into when prompted by the Professor. However, as soon as she realized there was an eye looking back at them through the screen, she leaped back up, and ran around the side of the TV, looking for the rest of the strange bird creature.

It wasn't there.

Canon walked back to the front, frowned at the screen, and tried the other side.

Nope.

Fascinating.

Bittiface

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:37 am
The sorcerer sat and watched in unhelpful silence as Selene struggled into the classroom and asked them to claim plastic controllers of their very own. He was familiar enough with video games to recognize the related paraphernalia, but even though he had experimented with several well known titles on his phone, he was hardly an expert. For a moment, the frantic arrival and mingling of his fellow students distracted him from more pressing thoughts. His throat grew dry and he very nearly got up and made for the door. It was only when he focused on their instructor's words and began to understand the sort of game they'd be playing that he managed to push his discomfort aside, sitting up straighter as he peered at the screen. Yes. This all looked quite entertaining all of a sudden.

It wasn't just the promise of controlling an adult that intrigued the boil, it was the prospect of doing so in collaboration with his classmates. The whole mess might just turn out to be an adventure after all.

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:52 am
It was a request but at the same time really not, probably spoken to be polite or make her feel like she had a choice when it turned out she didn't. Maple didn't protest much though, she rarely did and just made a small moaning sound as Needle pulled her along inside the classroom.

"D-do... you think its al-alright t-to j-join so l-late...?" The witch whispered to the other ghoul after realizing the Miss Selene's class seemed to have started already. Was it an attempt to leave? Kind of. It also just worried her that if they stayed, they might have missed out on some very important information that would affect her grade for this class.

enoh love

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:24 pm
"I imagine so!" Needle seemed pretty certain of that, at least. "It sounds like they are just starting; we are on time!" Her cold hand remained on Maple's arm, gentle but insistent; she was not letting the ghoul go, not after she was already there! The ghoul scanned the room, her eyes moving behind her mask at the blurry mass of shapes in front of her until she spotted a tattoo. To anyone else it was just a normal tattoo, but to her it glowed with vivid clarity; it was Muka's tattoo, the ones she had done on his hands when they had first started dating.

"Ah! We are saved! My boilfriend can fill us in." She whispered to the ghoul as if sharing a secret before she began to move through the crowd. Her needles caught on things, but aside from apologizing softly, she did not stop until she was beside the very large man's desk.

"Where are we going?" She inquired of the large man, before side stepping to urge the other ghoul to move beside her. "My friend and I only caught the tail end of the instructions."

chirigami
iloveyoudie

Enoh Love
Crew

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:26 pm
Mayaa let out a little shriek as some feathers were burnt, flapping her arm a bit to try and put it out. Ow, Andrew, ow. Nevertheless, she didn't release her grip on him, and when the two toppled over, only then did she slowly drag herself up, as well as Andrew, back over to the group.

"There, see? Being in a group is much much better!"
Oblivious to Olivia's discomfort with her being so close with Andrew, she began to pat the boil on the head, as one would when praising a scareling.

And then she heard minipets.
Her head instinctively turned towards the scareovision, eyes wide.
MINIS??

chirigami

phantompanther13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:20 pm
No, she concluded, this ghoul wasn't not letting her go so easily. No one ever did so Maple once again resigned herself to defeat and let Needle walk her through the classroom as her own eyes scanned about to make sure it really wasn't too late. From what she was seeing, students had controllers in their hands like they were playing a video game (not like she ever did) but they all seemed to be leading up to one single scarevision. Odd.

At least she could get details, well hopefully, from the ghoul's boilfriend. "Th-that'll b-be.. helpful..." she whispered back, actually a little glad because if she was stuck here she would at least want to know what was going on. (While doing well would be ideal as well, she had no confidence that would actually happen).

Maybe because she had been close and pretty much dragged along, she hadn't really thought about those spiky bits on her companion's arms until they had finally stopped at their destination and she was urged to move up closer. Maple made a small noise as she made her way closer to the desk, her brown eyes staring at the needles before they turned upward to the large boil. "H-hello..." The witch offered in greeting, along with a rather awkward little pleading smile.

enoh love

iloveyoudie

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:30 pm
Okay, maybe as jealous as she was before as Andrew summoned a small bout of fire in his hands (making her take an unconscious step towards Trisha) but still, that ghoul had touched him and hadn't instantly dissipated which she always imagined she would do if she dared (though, she had at times held his hand, hadn't she?) And Mayaa was still holding on and dragging him over.

Which seemed to be what both of her new friends intended to do, at least to just bring all parties together. Olivia didn't really mind, even with that small step back, and gave Andrew a very bright smile when he joined them. "Trisha was telling me you have known each other forever." She informed him. "And gave me a ribbon." She held that up with one hand and then the controller with the other, "are these games like the ones on the phones?"

phantompanther13

[a.v.]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:28 pm
Selene clapped hysterically when she heard the roar of the engine, and Argyle was on his way. "Perfect, just - just perfect! We're all set to go, and as soon as I flip this switch, you will have control of his vehicle and his actions! Are we all ready to go find that artifact?"

She paused, waiting for some kind of excited scream of YESS, and heard crickets. The disappointment on her face was palpable.

".. Well let's begin!"

She flipped the switch, and everyone's controllers blinked a tiny green light several times as they connected - eventually going steady. They had the power.

Quote:
RULES:
Playing the game is simpler than you could ever imagine it! All you have to do is post and roll 1d4. In your post, you're using the controller! Your choices are any of the four directional buttons, A, B, Select, and Start. You're free to use any of them, but if you want to get anywhere you should definitely use those directional buttons, and stay away from start. Or maybe you want to mess up the whole class, and spam start 9 times? It's all up to your character! Your decisions will constantly and continuously change and affect the direction of the adventure! You might break the game completely! Your action might be the one that finds the artifact! Or more likely, you will help contribute to major chaos and anarchy will reign SUPREME!!!

When can I input these commands? Get ready for the fun part: Inputting a command can happen once every 5 minutes for the rest of this class. Yes, you can literally push a button every 5 minutes.

But I don't want to post every 5 minutes, you say? Pshaw, of course not! You only have to do a roleplay post and roll ONCE, to start the game! After that, all of your roleplay is at your discretion, and you can spam commands all you want! (But remember, it's up to you to reach 800 words for your growth points!)

But why am I rolling a d4? You sure are full of questions! This is a rather good one though - and the answer is, this is your one random chance to press Start by mistake. After all, sometimes we slip - and press the wrong button. If you roll a 1, you pressed Start by mistake and have to send that as your first command. You can roll d4s in all of your posts, if you want to leave things up to chance.. but you don't have to. You only need to do this once, and then everything is up to you.

How do I send a command? Oh boy, the most important question~! You PM Argyle and write your command (left, or right, or a, etc.) IN THE SUBJECT LINE! Remember, once every 5 minutes! FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY until a new update changes the rules! And with such chaos afoot, there's always a chance for that!

But I haven't entered class yet! No problem, latecomers are welcome to come in, post to pick up a controller, then roll and spam away!

But I have more questions!! TOO BAD You're always free to PM/IM me, or if your character is the one with the question, ask Selene! I'm always available for interaction!

Remember, the goal is to find the Helix Artifact! But there's lots of things to encounter along the way! Work with your fellow students both ICly and OOCly if you want, or work against them! The choice is yours!

THE FATE OF ARGYLE IS IN YOUR HANDS, PLANETEERS. Good luck!

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
Sable Eye Cerena rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Sable Eye Cerena

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:05 pm
Tansy hesitated in the doorway, the unsteady beat of her tail swishing across the floor the only visible sign of her nervousness. She darted in, knees bent and nearly duck-walking in an effort to not be seen behind the last row of students in the classroom. She had just made the tail end of the professor's explanation -- something about buttons and boop boop and artifact -- and her primary concern was getting one of those strange contraptions that everyone was holding in their hands so that she, too, could contribute to adventure.

Swiping a controller from the box, she immediately made a bee-line for the nearest desk. Despite her haste, she ritualistically straightened and smoothed her clothes out before sitting down, neatly crossing her legs at the ankles and adjusting briefly so she wasn't sitting directly on her tail.

She glanced briefly around at the other students, but realized that whoever wasn't talking amongst themselves in groups was focusing on the buttons of the controller. The Yule Cat squinted down at her own, digesting the visual appearance of the cross-like D-pad and the two buttons labelled 'A', 'B', and 'Start'. Squinting her eyes in the utmost concentration, she carefully reached to jab... to jab.....

Wait, which button was she supposed to be pressing again?! Her thumb swiped across the D-pad at the same time her pointer finger of her other hand pressed down on the 'A' and 'B' buttons simultaneously.  
Pales rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:12 pm
The word intolerant - though he wasn't sure why or how sort of made Kettil utter a quiet grunt. He hoped it was out of context.

Quite sincerely.

Kettil sort of fiddled at the controller for a moment before he more firmly pressed the right button, he (still) wanted to get a feel for things first before he started trying to do anything cohesive with his fellow classmates.

This wasn't Kettil's most exciting moment ever.

Sitting around and pressing buttons was not his idea of fun.

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Zee Oddwyn rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Zee Oddwyn

Tenacious Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:01 pm
Canon looked back to the controller as a small green light blinked on it. The Professor mentioned something about using this thing to control the stuff, and while Canon was still shaky on the concept of TV, she was eager to experiment nonetheless!

But, which one should she press?

She ran back to her desk and sat on top of it to get the best view of the screen. Canon wanted to directly observe what, if any effect her button pressing had on the view.

She decided to press the Left button, and watched the screen eagerly.  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff