You don't believe in "God" but... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psycho_Katie

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:43 am
agrab0ekim
i have a way to show that we live forever... and it is science...

You reproduce, your genes go down... it keeps going that way... you are still alive

(yes, i am clutching at straws here)

I have a similar idea. Whenever someone dies, people go "But they'll live on in your memory." ... Then later on when that person dies, they live on in someone else's memory... and same with when that person dies.. The cool thing about this idea would be that, if we could trace the memories of the people we knew, then the people they knew, and so forth.. we'd end up finding who the first people were, and more on to find all the different animal species that existed way back then. Get what I mean? =P  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:41 am
agrab is saying that your genes live on, and that is who you are. If you said the same person trapped in another's body they would have to have the brain.
So, agrab, I contradict your theory in the fact that what most people call your spirit is your personality in your brain. So, that is the grain of truth, but many people have similar genes, and if one dies before the other than the other would be living in your theory.
Let me spell this out to you people, there is no actual bond between familys except similar genes. they are not solid concepts, and therefore I dismiss my case.  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

koolchick007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:00 am
I believe that nothing happens you just die you dont go anywhere just my belief  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:02 am
agrab0ekim
i have a way to show that we live forever... and it is science...

You reproduce, your genes go down... it keeps going that way... you are still alive

(yes, i am clutching at straws here)

thats what my dad say xd I guess I kinda believe that too  

koolchick007

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:43 pm
But how can you be an athiest and believe in reincarnation/heaven? I don't see how you can be both.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:50 am
I believe that when we die we just die. Like going to sleep only without the dreaming and wakeing up part.  

CrazyCatExtreme

RockerSince1992

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:17 pm
hmm i just got an idea!!!!!
hmmm maybe when people die and are revived b parametics and they claim to see 'god' n heaven and stuff
they were dreaming
what if when we die we dream
i dont beleive that but that would be so awsome !!!!!
an eternal dream of ur control  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:34 am
Hmmm, its amazing how much s**t people can actually pull out of their asses just to defend their views just cuz they're scared they might get hurt or thought of less when their oppinions don't seem to make that much sense afterall.

The selfpreservement of ego is useless.

I think some of the ppl here actually think their ego is their soul, the way you think and feel is not unique. You are as much of a rotting, dieing pile of tiny little cells that one day will cease to work as anyone else.

You aren't that much different than say, a tiny cow. Except that you are part of the ruling species on this godforsaken floating in space third rock from the sun. Thus, evolution has allowed to have such ridiciously large brains. Allowing you of abstract thought, writing, reading this, talking etc.

So yes, there is no reason why you wouldn't just die when you're old or something bad happened. The reason why you can think about llife after death in a non-material realm is because of those two giant lobs of guu in your head. Once you die they will start to rot. No mystic voodoo. Your existence has no purpose exept that which we give to it, mhkay?

As for reincarnation, nice religion. It think it has no god. Good! At least one step in the good direction, now dump the coming back to life as something after you die s**t. If you want to ofc. As long as we're all happy. But the reason why someone would think like this might be because they are scared they won't be able to accomplish something usefull to humanity ( a want in the depths of concious i think, to want to serve the betterment of your species) in this material-realm. So if they have an infinite amount of time to do it right, they can become enlighted and some nirvana thingee right? I don't remember.

Is this post too long? Im not quoting anyone, is that ok? I hope I didn't piss anyone off too badly. And yes, these are all just guesses really. Cuz i smoke weed and it makes you forget stuff sometimes. Not really forget but think on a whole different lvl, it ******** with your brain....  

Bluuberry

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:33 am
i'm atheist. i refuse to believe in a made-up religion based on faith.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:26 pm
RockerSince1992
hmm i just got an idea!!!!!
hmmm maybe when people die and are revived b parametics and they claim to see 'god' n heaven and stuff
they were dreaming
what if when we die we dream
i dont beleive that but that would be so awsome !!!!!
an eternal dream of ur control

I believe something along those lines. Maybe not technicaly a dream, more like, a chemical reaction in your brain from oxigen deprevation and stuff causes people to see " a white light" I think some scientists proved this theory too. Anywho, It'd be cool if we could dream when we die (so long as it's not a night mare.) But I think that without brain activity you wouldn't be able to dream.  

CrazyCatExtreme

009 sbc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:52 am
dementdbitch
I believe you live then die, that's it. No after life just death. It's depressing but hey, I have 80 years to life I'm guna live them to the fullest.

same here. like when u die. its blank. nothing. ur dead now. its dark. quiet. moist. but yeah i know it sounds depressing but I think of it like a well earned nap i mean after like 80 or 90 years of putting up with peoples bullshit i would be GLAD to get outta here u kno?
im gunna live life to the fullest but still. its like at times i yearn for death. for a break. for an answer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:57 am
~Blood[RED]oceaN~
What do you believe in? Once you die, you believe you wont go to heaven right? Well what is it that you believe in?

Im very interested in other peoples beliefs.

Death is simply the end of biolagical function
we live life make more like by having kids
then we die  

Veinlash

Veinlash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:58 am
biological*  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:21 pm
There are changes to the body works, and a lot of old cells to be deleted.

I am not going to eternity, because it is really boring. You have everything and anything, still you have to live eternal. There are no rest.  

alpha male tayo

Nii Chan is here

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:02 pm
Me personally I have two theories. A. You die and go to a plane that is neither on or away from earth and you rome there for all eternity.
B. Reincarnation..xD  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces