Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
Revolution: Gaia Magazine - First Issue posted Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How'd the first issue come out?
  Pretty!
  Meh.
  Maybe you should not make another..
View Results

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:41 pm
++ Kaniskion said he might. He asked for more details on what to write about if he does.
So that's a good sign.

Edit: Kaniskion will be writing us an article! Yaay. ++

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:05 am
Quadropopilous
Izzy Said Rawr

++ Sent six PMs to potential writers today. Only got a quick response back from Scobre
who said they weren't interested (or rather talking about Gaia makes them upset which
I could understand). Eagerly awaiting the responses of others, but so far if everyone
writes who says they'll write we'll have six people submitting into the magazine with I
think a full possibility of 11 right now? So that's pretty good.

In other other news, there's 11 pages finished, given that several of them are dedicated to
Zandykins ridiculist of sales. I don't expect anything else to ever be that long. But it's
a good 'shocker' portion of the magazine imo. ++

Oh dear god! Your not using 11 pages to list them all, are you? gonk
Are you adding his graphs?. Rediculist! Thats funny, I hope you are using that. rofl
I'm not sure how much you've got in there, but Sheesh! That topic deserves it's own catalogue. stare

Quadropopilous

++

For that matter, I'd love to get links to everyone's favorite threads/artshops/bc shops/roleplay
groups. Advertise the things we like! I know I have one or two to add. ++

What I really came in here for was that I had a waking-sleep idea because I have been pondering the magazine and how I could contribute. Happens to me a lot and the ideas are usually pretty good. emotion_kirakira
You know those sections in the back of magazines where you find those little blocks of company advertisements. I thought that we could use a few pages in the back similarly for users to advertise their what-nots. Things like an RP Guild, Art Shop, Charity or Quest, hell I can even find Tank owners. I can probably search out 18 - 24 for each Category, all around Gaia. If not we can leave some blank spaces open for future advertisers to consider. I'm willing to give it a shot. All I would need are block dimensions per each add space or should I just handle the lay out myself? Or how do you imagine the list to be actually? I'm all wound up about it so I might have gone overboard in my idear. I'm going to take a nap now, before I go to work today emotion_zzz  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Sumimachine

Distinct Vampire

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:21 am
Quadropopilous

Hullo, and greetings! I was wondering if you're still hiring
writers for the magazine? I could offer my writing skills and services for the cause. ^^

In case you're wondering about my writing capabilities, well it's not much.
I am just a senior writer in my college's student publication, I also handle a book club
(which will be publishing its first book soon), an admin in a speedwriting group,
and I make newsletters for my guild here in Gaia. Here's the link to our first issue last November.

If you need any help, let me know! I can write pretty much anything for you guys. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:04 pm
Scobes could also be of help to join in here.  

Javier Cross

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:12 pm
The Dark Closet Rebellion

++ I'd love to hire you as a permanent worker.
Right now people are just giving articles (I don't think anyone has joined
permanently), so having someone else would be a huge help. I'll send you a PM
later with some more info. Thanks for joining! ++

pwnder

++
That sounds awesome. Each page is 1275x1650 for reference. Keep in mind
the site will probably show it at 50% of that size. So make it readable by the zoom. Just
make sure you keep a margin on all the sides and I'll have no qualms about you doing it if
you're that interested. We can hyperlink all the advertisement squares as well, so just let
me know what all the links are to each ones and I can add them into the magazine afterwards.
Oh, I think it'd be really cool if we could make deals with some shops too, add coupons
maybe in the magazine now or in the future. Know what I'm saying? More thought to
this later. Working a 9am-8pm shift and my lunch break is over ++

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:26 pm
Quadropopilous

++
That sounds awesome. Each page is 1275x1650 for reference. Keep in mind
the site will probably show it at 50% of that size. So make it readable by the zoom. Just
make sure you keep a margin on all the sides and I'll have no qualms about you doing it if
you're that interested. We can hyperlink all the advertisement squares as well, so just let
me know what all the links are to each ones and I can add them into the magazine afterwards.
Oh, I think it'd be really cool if we could make deals with some shops too, add coupons
maybe in the magazine now or in the future. Know what I'm saying? More thought to
this later. Working a 9am-8pm shift and my lunch break is over ++

Ha! You totally read my mind on that coupon idea! I just hadn't fully contemplated on it yet. xp
Art shops for sure could provide discounts if they choose, so I could put them up coupon style. razz
I'm interested to hear your ideas on how to implement coupons for the other groups categories. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to make gold exchanges for references via mag or service fees. *still contemplating*  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:49 pm
++ Ah, so here's a breakdown of what everyone's doing so far or planning to do. With me
included that means we have 10 contributors for the magazine for the first issue! I think
that's splendid. We'll have plenty of content to pop into the magazine once we get articles
from everyone. I hope we can all follow through and make this great. If anyone has or
wants a change in their topic for the article, just let me know. I'm not entirely certain
any of the below were set in stone or were for certain decided, so don't be afraid to
correct me. If I missed someone who is also going to submit an article, tell me as
well. I just zoomed through the thread and my mailbox like crazy.

KittieCupcakes - Sending Gaia Letters
Kaniskion - zOMG
AnorhiDemarche - Fishing Captcha
Darius Runan - a little of everything
TS Sailor Cronus - (using thread "My Words")
xx I met my fate xx - goldsinks
Zandykins - followup article to announcements and gaia's gc motives
The Dark Closet Rebellion - discussing
Pwnder (contemplating advertisement pages)
Quadropopilous - Glassdoor

I've been pushing the date around here and there for people on when I want the articles.
But I'll be pretty happy if I can get everything by
February 18th. That's still plenty
of time for me to set it together. Any sooner though is definitely better because I
really don't want to have to sit down for the last week and juggle pages worth of stuff.

Also, let me know some of you guys' favorite forums/guilds out there! Send me links
to them. I'll check them all out and we can put an advertisement slice in the magazine
for them. Sounds good, yes?

@ Pwnder : We could pay into some of the lottery threads to give magazine readers
an extra ticket in their lottery pulls. Or for dice rolls games allow them to +1 or -1 to
their rolls. Art shops we could do a percentage off deal on. ++

pwnder

KittieCupcakes

TS Sailor Cronus

xx I met my fate xx

The Dark Closet Rebellion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Seriously, if I can think of anything better to do, I'll let you know. ^^; But I'll certainly be happy to see My Words in there.
Lol, maybe I'm the opinion columnist. mad d:

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:16 pm
Quadropopilous

Aha! You did have some things in mind I didn't consider. I'll research that out and see what I can manage. I've already started putting together a template I can use and when I'm comfortable with that I will start asking peeps if they want to advertise and fill up the spaces. Here is just a sample of what I was playing with. (takes a minute to load) Criticism is welcome razz  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:29 pm
Pwnder
Quadropopilous

Aha! You did have some things in mind I didn't consider. I'll research that out and see what I can manage. I've already started putting together a template I can use and when I'm comfortable with that I will start asking peeps if they want to advertise and fill up the spaces. Here is just a sample of what I was playing with. (takes a minute to load) Criticism is welcome razz

++ Looks awesome! I might like to see what it'd look like with other font. I've been
using AR Julian for Headers, and Arial/Tahoma for body. I don't know what size font
it resizes to in whatever program you're using. But when I use PS CS4 it's 12 for Julian
and 6 for Tahoma/Arial. You might want to have the edges solid too, because I think
it'll be odd pages, and one of the advertisement pages will press against one of the articles
and that might look a little weird. I like the sized boxes though and the eight per page.
That seems like a very good size for it and enough room to give each thread a good
description. I think if some have coupons you should use two squares. One for the
shop advertisement, then one for the coupon below it. If shops don't have coupons
then they'll just have the one box. Although I'm not sure how'd that look so I don't
really know. ++

Quadropopilous

Rare

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:51 pm
Quadropopilous
Pwnder
Quadropopilous

++ Looks awesome! I might like to see what it'd look like with other font. I've been
using AR Julian for Headers, and Arial/Tahoma for body. I don't know what size font
it resizes to in whatever program you're using. But when I use PS CS4 it's 12 for Julian
and 6 for Tahoma/Arial. You might want to have the edges solid too, because I think
it'll be odd pages, and one of the advertisement pages will press against one of the articles
and that might look a little weird. I like the sized boxes though and the eight per page.
That seems like a very good size for it and enough room to give each thread a good
description. I think if some have coupons you should use two squares. One for the
shop advertisement, then one for the coupon below it. If shops don't have coupons
then they'll just have the one box. Although I'm not sure how'd that look so I don't
really know. ++

Thanks for the font info, I was concerned about which should be used so I'll change it and use that format. I think I understand about what you mean about the page edges so I'll make more room. I'll probably have to create a different page layout for any one advertising with a coupon, but that shouldn't be an issue. I figure a they could use the option of creating a coupon that could be linked for use, or simply use a coupon code/phrase" I'll fiddle around with it some more. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:27 am
TS Sailor Cronus

++ I have a job for you if you'd like. I actually need a proof-reader/editor for all the articles.
I'm fairly literate, but not the super-best. And I know second eyes are always good to have.

Oh, in other good news, I got AnorhiDemarche's article on Fishing Captcha today and
am talking with MistyMary24 about writing an article as well! That'll be 11 contributors
to the Magazine, so I think we'll definitely exceed my expectations for 40 pages. Gaia
Online Magazine was 70 so we might actually get there.++

Quadropopilous

Rare

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:49 am
Quadropopilous
TS Sailor Cronus

++ I have a job for you if you'd like. I actually need a proof-reader/editor for all the articles.
I'm fairly literate, but not the super-best. And I know second eyes are always good to have.++

Oh, I'd be glad to be editor. 3nodding Definitely one of my strengths, lol.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:57 am
TS Sailor Cronus

++ Awesome. You'll have the fun of seeing everyone's articles too. I'll send over the glassdoor
review for now. AnorhiDemarche is doing a revision on his draft, then I'll send you that
afterwards as well. ++

Quadropopilous

Rare

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:05 am
Quadropopilous
TS Sailor Cronus

++ Awesome. You'll have the fun of seeing everyone's articles too. I'll send over the glassdoor
review for now. AnorhiDemarche is doing a revision on his draft, then I'll send you that
afterwards as well. ++

Alright then, cool. ^^

💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas