Submit

Visitor Count (last time we had 50!)
  +1
View Results

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:56 pm
Pegasaurus Rex

I agree, so many features on this site are neglected. It's amazing to me that they're still sponsoring a contest in the Arenas that ended 5 YEARS AGO!

Yeah, many prices in the MP have dropped dramatically. While this can be considered a good thing by some, the fact of the matter is it's an unhealthy fluctuation. The items are kind of like stock. First they super inflated it - bad. Now they're super deflating it - bad. It's not good for prices to increase or decrease so dramatically. It should be done slowly, and while I do appreciate that more people can afford these items it irks me that members have to pay to fix that artificial inflation.

Gaia was once thriving. Now it is dying. I can't help but think they're about to milk users for all they're worth and the sell the site. Of course, we have no way of knowing what's going on or what's going to happen because member-staff communication is practically non-existent. :/

I would love to see it rise from the ashes! If it did so in the form of a phoenix, I know one member in particular who would be very happy. whee

Yeah. Shows how much they just don't care anymore.

Oh, I see. Not to mention that item lists will be literally wiped out by the "rich" gaians.

It's sad, really. neutral
The closure of AtA was the symbolic gesture that they want to stay far as possible from their members, which shows how much "mature" they are. emotion_facepalm

Me too. I expect 2014 to be the year that Gaia finally lifts up from the black hole that it's in.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:18 pm
Gaia may think it is a good strategic move to push a gold generator every time the marketplace prices drop (as some sort of stimulus package) but don't they see how it is hurting in the long run? Their reputation can go down the drain as they try to grab as much profit as they can.

I think release of bundles should be for special events, the same goes with sales. When it is sale 24/7, it loses the appeal- like how rare items became so readily available.

Flynn's situation reminds me of Team Rocket- blasting off again only to reappear again @.@"  

Tala Grey

Unforgiving Tactician

10,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Umioko

Playful Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:23 pm
Pwnder
Awesome!

I just entered my avi lol

I suppose I should take some time out to make some creations of my own to help out.
I should probably try some male outfits out

Whoa, nice! : D
Haha, that would be helpful. c: Thank you!

CourageNFaith
Welcome back! biggrin
As usual, your comment was well put together. Thanks for your pearls of wisdom, haha. xd

But yeah, Gaia had its better days in the past. Your post also remembers me from other posts of veteran gaians in "Occupy Gaia" and even in our guild.
It saddens me that Gaia cares more nowadays about their precious recolors and gold generators rather than their users members cash cows. neutral

Talking about YouTube, this is one of the reasons I left that site and literally abandoned my account (which has the same name of my Gaia username). After the original owners sold their souls to the Devil Google, the site just went down the toilet: several videos being taken down due to stupid copyright BS which limited the creativity of the users, comment sections becoming more and more messy along the time, lots of ads and other stupid stuff.

Anyway, let's reply by parts, ho,ho:

Bundles Galore:
I agree with you. And guess what the last two announcements were about ? smile

Flash Sale in La Victoire!

Random Dream Bundle of Bundles!

Will they ever learn ? emotion_facepalm
─ ─ ─ ─
Flynn:
As someone once wrote, Flynn came to stay, sadly. emotion_donotwant
Also, they closed AtA for good. This alone shows how much they're eager to listen to the userbase. emotion_facepalm
─ ─ ─ ─
RIG:
RIGs and EIs are the only good stuff worth buying nowadays. Remember Verdant Grove ? That was one amazing RIG. heart
Other than this, you have nothing but a bunch of recolors and gold generators.
─ ─ ─ ─
Male Directed Items:
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Nowadays, male avatars have very few choices compared.
I wonder why Gaia is so now (excuse my expression) "biased" toward female avatars ?

Is this to reflect RL, where women have more options of clothing and accessories than men ? Or they figured out that the site have more female users than male users ?
Either way, hope they put down their bias someday.

Good to be back! >u<
Aw, thank you. Haha, I still see it as just ranting.

Ah, I see a lot of those 'better days' stories from the Site Feedback forum too. Back then, Gaia really did care for it's user base.
Very true. We are all mostly just seen as cash cows nowadays with all of the focus on moneymoneymoneymoney. D':

I hate that Youtube did that! I don't even go onto my account anymore. Just rather watch videos without it. I know right? D:
The comments are all messed up. I can't find the popular ones that everyone likes and it's just a big mess. I'm usually just on ListenOnRepeat now.
Lately on Chrome, I cannot replay videos without refreshing them too. It's so annoying, especially for music!
It looks like they have this new ad at the top that you can't exit out of now too. Why Youtube?! /rantrantrantrant

Yes, anywho. Pfft, those announcements. They never cease to amaze me.

When will Flynn leave? Never? Not until Gaia dies? D': She needs to go on a super long journey.
When do space pirates share their gold anyway?! Keep it all to yourself Flynn, you fail of a pirate. :c

Yep! I wish they came out with more amazing ones like that. We're all so sick of these recolors and gold generators. They need to get more creative!

I heard that Gaia had a poll quite a while back and it showed more female users were on the site than males. I'm guessing they're maybe going off of that or so? I bet if they did a new poll now, it would be about half and half.

Plus I guess they feel female items are easier to make and sell more. Just slap some ruffles and frills on that dress and BAM. New selling item right there. Release it in white and then re-release it pink, blue, black, cream, red, and we'll get big bucks.

Guys clothes and accessories can be just as creative. The artists need to look into guy's fashion and not be afraid to experiment. Seriously, even a lot f us girls are getting tired of the frills.

Same here. I hope they start to make more clothes geared toward men and not be so biased in favoring women's clothing. D:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:30 pm
Umioko

Check this out.

It estimates the average Gaian by gender, education and browsing location.
It's kind of part of the site traffic report I just made.

I though it all relevant to several things users were saying today.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Umioko

Playful Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:21 pm
Pwnder

Whoa, how neat! They should take a look at this. > u<  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:25 pm
That's it for this week's ATG!

Thank you to everyone who posted (and to those of you lurking ninja ).

Please remember to enter the Avatar Arena before 12am PST on Sunday if you'll be participating.

Have a great rest of your week and see you next time!  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas