Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count
  +1
View Results

SL33PY X3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:39 pm
CourageNFaith

i can see it being abused, there will be people who will script out the report button and then it wont be there
script out with scripts or color coding so it cant be visible
then they will block there profile and guess what? no more ability to report that profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 pm
Diabolic Edge

Well that would be nice. Sadly I don't have one of those signs though.
But I'll participate. C:

And thanks for the tip, its gone now. <3

I have a million of them, so I'll send one to you.

And no problem! Life is so much better without ads. whee  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:28 pm
twiterpert

o Future ATGs
I really like this idea, and hope it pans out. Sending the frequently mentioned issues to their supposed 'help' e-mail is a great idea, though I don't think such a list should be posted for each user to copy and send. Let whoever runs this send it in and post any response in the next ATG.

That's exactly what I thought. I didn't want to post what I send to Gaia in the case of others copying and pasting. That would seem spammy and we'd probably get in trouble. If anyone wants to send and e-mail to usertalk@gaiaonline.com they are more than welcome to (encouraged, even), but we should not all send the same message.

The more people that e-mail, the higher chance we have of getting answers.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 pm
I'm here, I had a question but I forgot what it was sad I'm still here, sorry I barely contribute anything crying I'm still wondering about the inventory update if anyone might know the status of that or if they scraped it? sad -bows politely-  

Alurin The Forsaken One

Supportive Elder

12,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:32 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Some seriously great ideas going on in here. I'd love to know what you guys think on possible themes for arena entries as well as any ideas you might have for taking our protests to the art and writing arenas. How can we get our words out there and try to spread the message without seeming spammy?

This is a great question and I would also like to know what everyone thinks.

If you think we're not doing enough to be heard, please let us know what you would like to do! Let's try to think outside the box for a bit. Even if you think an idea might seem dumb or weird, post it and we may be able to polish it. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:38 pm
Alurin The Forsaken One
I'm here, I had a question but I forgot what it was sad I'm still here, sorry I barely contribute anything crying I'm still wondering about the inventory update if anyone might know the status of that or if they scraped it? sad -bows politely-

That's totally fine! Just showing up really means a lot and we appreciate it.

As far as the inventory arranger goes, I don't think we've had an update for quite a while. Last I heard it wasn't going to be "too cash related" on November 4th. Here's a quote from Princess Angelishia about it. This quote also contains information about the Wedding System.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:41 pm
SighingNight
Okays, Hai!!! Not sure if I;m too late, but I have a question and a concern maybe?

My question is, You know the Philosopher's Cache? I used to get those in my 'Daily chance', it only happened every once and a while but I got it, and once they started selling it in the shops, I haven't got one since.
I though it was nice to get something awesome in Daily chance every once and a while and I don't anymore really...

And oooooh my GOD there are SO many re-colours! Don't they know if you keep doing that it's not going to be special or exciting anymore?
Re-colours used to be a cool dream, but there are just sooooooo many now

Nope, not too late! ATG runs all Monday long to make sure everyone gets a chance to put in their word.

Thanks for the question, I'll make sure to put it in the e-mail. My personal guess on the matter is that since they're in a shop now and are easily attainable, they took them out of the Daily Chance. I haven't gotten one either, since then.

And I totally understand about the re-colors! They keep finding ways to make this site less exciting. Plus it feels really lazy, to me. Most of the time they don't even add extra poses like they used to.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:03 pm
dark pillow
But man, I really do hope they don't only put re-colors of old MCs in the shop... ;.;

Oh my gosh, that would just be the worst! o':
I'm really looking forward to Loyal's shop coming out, I mean he's such a cute NPC and I'm hoping that the gold shop items he sells will be really great.
Maybe great enough to where people will not feel the need to buy GC for some better looking items, and where people won't have to quest for crazily overpriced items in the marketplace.
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ »

chiaroscuro13
If we had a group of us either doing the same type of things or being in a place (flash space, forum, ect.) all wearing the same outfit, I think it would be a very effective way to quietly get ourselves noticed and talked about around the community.
I agree with your point here Umioko.

I feel that not only have the qualities of existing new items (such as poses, originality, ect.) have declined, so also has the quality of the art for these items.

Did Gaia just chuck a bunch of the artistic talent along with the programmers or have they delegated the talent to who-knows-what "better" project?

I miss seeing the wider range of expression with the items--including the MC, EI and RIGs.

I really love this idea! Wearing the same outfit is a great way of showing that we're unified in a group.
Perhaps we could wear only gold shop items and have the SOS sign in one hand or such?
Either way, I really support this and would love to do this! c:
─ ─ ─ ─
Ah, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! It really is true that the creativity for new items has declined. I also get the vibe that the art of the new items has declined as well. It seems the talent here is dwindling, and that is saddening to see. Especially as of late, because it really do not take much talent to recolor an item or two.
I've been hearing that rumor a bit too. I wonder if Gaia is a bit short on artists? Is that perhaps why they've been releasing so many recolors? Because they don't take as much time or effort compared to a whole brand new item. Bleh, there's another recolor today!
Same here! The various item expressions and overall variety and diversity in new items was amazing! I feel as though items are getting repeated as of late. D:
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ »

Hawkeyesgun
I would love to tell you (first) how classy everything you said was. (All the way down to the tiny pixelated letters. I adore how you worded things in a nice and organized fashion, and how composed it sounded in my head. Pretty much everything you said I one hundred percent agree with. I loved your thoughts on the recolors (they are a lot like my own) as well as your section on the Gold Generator Names. I have been thinking about that for a while and I am so glad that someone is as fed up with it as I am. I also enjoyed reading about the handwritten aspect of letters. (I thought that was the ONLY way to snail mail!) I think it would be awesome if the guild sent them in at the same time. Could you imagine the look on Gaia's faces when they opened up that much mail protesting (neatly worded and proper) some of the things that they have been doing recently?

I think that's all I have to say right now. (I wrote a post earlier about picking one or two issues to write Gaia about) I LOVE ATG! It has been awesome (so far) reading everyone's opinions and I can't wait for it to get even better!

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! That's such a wonderful compliment to read, especially when I thought it was just ranting to myself, haha. c':
I'm happy we thought so alike and shared the same views! Especially about the gold generator names and handwritten letters. I didn't think anyone else would been too keen on the names, so I was happy to read that you had the same opinion.
I would love to see the looks on their faces! I'd also love to hear the discussions they would have about all of the mail and what individual suggestions and views people had.
Writing them in a proper and meaningful manner would really help too. I think it would also perhaps inspire those who had to read the letters. Perhaps encourage them to solve this issue and take part in helping Gaia. Maybe digging into the situation and helping with solutions and taking it up to the higher ups. Such possibilities!
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ »

Pegasaurus Rex
I loved your whole post, but I especially love this part! I'm so sick of the gross innuendos! I didn't realize it when Sam's Body and Parts came out because I was kinda really naive, but my dad saw it over my shoulder and started laughing and had to explain it to me. (Jeez, that was a looong time ago. sweatdrop
It's becoming increasingly common for them to pump out these names and I think it's hardly appropriate for a site catering to people as young as 13. I haven't seen many young users lately, though. Most of us are "old" now.

I'm so happy to hear that Ms. President Rex! c:
Haha, oh gosh same here. I saw Ruby's Rack and didn't think much of it and then I saw Sam's Body and Parts. I brushed it off for quite a while and thought it was a bit harmless since it was a car shop and all, but after seeing Flynn and such, it's just really unpleasant. I can only wonder what on earth they'll come out with next.
Also very true! Gaia, a community available to those who are at least 13 years old should be choosing more appropriate names. At least ones that don't leave room to be taken as a sexual innuendo! And some of the items, ohmygosh don't get me started.
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ »

CourageNFaith
Very well put together comment, lady. Thank you. smilies/icon_smile.gif

Recolors
Ugh, recolors. I also had enough of them, because this "tactic" is getting old too fast.

New Items
I also think the same. There's only a few selected that I considered nice, but since recolors and gold generators had taken the spotlight, you won't see too much new stuff. It's a pity 'cuz I liked from Deen's Potion 2nd Gen, Mathematical Knight and the "Verdant Grove" stuff.

Site Updates
The last announcement I ever read regarding such a thing was when after the site went offline almost for a bunch of hours.
Uncle Kenny posted an alert regarding about this situation and that they were working in this issue:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1052/#1052

Other than this... nope.

Gold Generator Names
Well, it depends of the person, really. It's the same deal with the number 69: some people see it as a number but some see it as a reference to explicit sex.
So if there's something or someone to blame is our "nature". Sometimes too much information can disrupt our senses, you know...

Flynn's Booty Threads
Your idea sounds great. That would be a good plan to get heard but...

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/who-actually-buys-flynn-s-booty-chest/t.88914699_364/#364

...you risk calling the attention of people like this: pro-gold generator buyers and "fanatic cult followers" of this current leadership, where the latter want nothing but have a piece of us in a "fight".
But I guess it's like they say: everything in life has a price to be paid.

Another great compliment coming from you! I see you here and there in this guild and some forums typing up some of the best posts and responses. No problem at all, I'm just really happy to contribute anything I can. c:
─ ─ ─ ─
Haha, I'm also glad we share a lot of the same views. Regarding the new items, I certainly hope that changes soon. A lot of others miss the truly new item releases, and hopefully later throughout the year they'll start releasing more new items. Or we wait until they've recolored everything five or six times before they start releasing new stuff, haha.
─ ─ ─ ─
Ah, I'm glad I wasn't behind on the site updates then, haha. I don't remember unsubscribing from there, oops. There's a new update today too! I hope it goes well and isn't too abused like what you and others were discussing earlier.
─ ─ ─ ─
As for the gold generator names, that really is true. It really depends on the person and what they've been exposed to. Still, it would be nice not to have all of these names with a potentially hidden joke behind it. I've also seen Flynn called out on her butt/assets/and more in the Site Feedback forum quite often. We have a large community that understands those hidden meanings too, whether those meanings were intentional or not, they're still there. But all in all, it does come down to the individual and what they decide to interpret it for themselves.
─ ─ ─ ─
Ah, that post is really well worded! It's really important to hear the other side's views and opinions, and I am appreciative that I got to read that. I hardly hear the GC buyer's point of view and when I do their defensive is usually lacking, though that response was nice to read.
Oh I see. That's true. Hmm...well we can come up with better ideas then! c:
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ »

xx I met my fate xx
Some seriously great ideas going on in here. I'd love to know what you guys think on possible themes for arena entries as well as any ideas you might have for taking our protests to the art and writing arenas. How can we get our words out there and try to spread the message without seeming spammy?

Perhaps avatars that solely use gold shop items? Maybe avatars that are all gold? I can't remember if the guild group had done this already, probably have. Crying and sadness seems to have been used. Perhaps a Gaia hero ready to save Gaia from the evil GC clutches? Haha, it's an entertaining idea. Maybe avatars with more of an optimistic attitude with a determined description to not give up on Gaia and will help it get better. Oh! How about avatars writing letters? Like we would be writing letters to Gaia for feedback and our views and such. Then in the description, maybe we could include the 'usertalk@gaiaonline.com' link.
─ ─ ─ ─
As for the art and writing ideas, that one is much more broad. Hm, there's a lot you could do for that. I guess I'll start thinking up ideas and maybe come up with something to submit if we submit as a group or something. c:
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ »

Umioko

Playful Friend

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:21 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Nope, not too late! ATG runs all Monday long to make sure everyone gets a chance to put in their word.

Thanks for the question, I'll make sure to put it in the e-mail. My personal guess on the matter is that since they're in a shop now and are easily attainable, they took them out of the Daily Chance. I haven't gotten one either, since then.

And I totally understand about the re-colors! They keep finding ways to make this site less exciting. Plus it feels really lazy, to me. Most of the time they don't even add extra poses like they used to.

Actually, the Philosopher's Cache, as far as I can tell, hasn't completely been removed from the Daily Chance. I ended up getting one about yesterday from the Daily Chance, so it's not entirely gone. My question I suppose would be... Are they ever going to give the journals the update they supposedly planned on doing, like however many years ago like they said they would? A lot of old features here have seemed to be given the big cold shoulder for a stinking long time now since their respective announcements about them quite a long time ago, literally! -_-*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:32 pm
SighingNight
Okays, Hai!!! Not sure if I;m too late, but I have a question and a concern maybe?

My question is, You know the Philosopher's Cache? I used to get those in my 'Daily chance', it only happened every once and a while but I got it, and once they started selling it in the shops, I haven't got one since.
I though it was nice to get something awesome in Daily chance every once and a while and I don't anymore really...

And oooooh my GOD there are SO many re-colours! Don't they know if you keep doing that it's not going to be special or exciting anymore?
Re-colours used to be a cool dream, but there are just sooooooo many now
Pegasaurus Rex

I haven't been getting as many as I used to, but I did get at least one Philosopher's Cache from the Daily Chance since the update (I use my mules to collect extra Daily Chance and Aquarium rewards, which greatly increases my odds of finding something). I made sure to check through them carefully so I didn't miss seeing it, because I really wanted to know if they removed them entirely. They seem harder to find, but they still seem to be there.

I also find the recolors annoying. Either they're getting lazy, or they fired so many artists they can't make many new items anymore. Also...

"Recolormas?" Really? emotion_facepalm

Edit: Ah, I guess Princess Zelda21 beat me to answering the Philosopher's Cache question. cat_xp  

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:39 pm
Princess Zelda21

Actually, the Philosopher's Cache, as far as I can tell, hasn't completely been removed from the Daily Chance. I ended up getting one about yesterday from the Daily Chance, so it's not entirely gone. My question I suppose would be... Are they ever going to give the journals the update they supposedly planned on doing, like however many years ago like they said they would? A lot of old features here have seemed to be given the big cold shoulder for a stinking long time now since their respective announcements about them quite a long time ago, literally! -_-*

Ah, I see. Thanks for letting us know! I suppose they just lowered the chances of getting one. I would guess the same goes for the Golden Giftbox as well, as I haven't been awarded one of those in a long time either.

neutral I didn't even know they were planning a Journals update.
Man, I wish they'd just tell everything to us straight even if it's "THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY UPDATES EVER AGAIN."
Then we can stop wondering. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:45 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Princess Zelda21

Ah, I see. Thanks for letting us know! I suppose they just lowered the chances of getting one. I would guess the same goes for the Golden Giftbox as well, as I haven't been awarded one of those in a long time either.

neutral I didn't even know they were planning a Journals update.
Man, I wish they'd just tell everything to us straight even if it's "THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY UPDATES EVER AGAIN."
Then we can stop wondering. rolleyes

You're welcome. I think I remember reading something about them saying they had said update for the journals in the works or something, but nothing has changed since then anyhow. Can't recall when it was to be honest, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to look it up, I guess.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Alurin The Forsaken One

Supportive Elder

12,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:47 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Alurin The Forsaken One

That's totally fine! Just showing up really means a lot and we appreciate it.

As far as the inventory arranger goes, I don't think we've had an update for quite a while. Last I heard it wasn't going to be "too cash related" on November 4th. Here's a quote from Princess Angelishia about it. This quote also contains information about the Wedding System.

Thank you -hugs tightly- I wonder when she said "before years end" of which year she meant. Obviously wasn't 2013 maybe she means 2014 or '15 -sigh- be nice if it came out. It's hard to remember what items have what in creating new outfit combos ><  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:48 pm
Kangit

"Recolormas?" Really? emotion_facepalm

emotion_awesome Gotta cash out on Christmas, man. Isn't that what it's all about? They went so totally Scrooge it was almost laughable. Except there wasn't a change in their attitude. If you're gonna play Scrooge, you have to follow through to the end where everything gets better. emotion_donotwant

We should seriously have done avatar arena entries with the "past", "present", and "future" of Gaia. That would have been amazing.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:01 pm
Umioko

I'm so happy to hear that Ms. President Rex! c:
Haha, oh gosh same here. I saw Ruby's Rack and didn't think much of it and then I saw Sam's Body and Parts. I brushed it off for quite a while and thought it was a bit harmless since it was a car shop and all, but after seeing Flynn and such, it's just really unpleasant. I can only wonder what on earth they'll come out with next.
Also very true! Gaia, a community available to those who are at least 13 years old should be choosing more appropriate names. At least ones that don't leave room to be taken as a sexual innuendo! And some of the items, ohmygosh don't get me started.
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ »

scream SOME OF THOSE ITEMS--!! -stops before going into a rage rant-
The biggest perpetrators of this "PG-13" site are just nasty. Given the sexually explicit and gory nature of some of these items I feel like they're violating their own TOS as far as what you can and can not post pictures of goes. I really wish there was a "report avatar" feature or at least "block avatar".  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff