Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
We want to hear your voices! Give us ideas to move forward! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Herdez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:27 pm
Pwnder

It would be totally different if Lanzer busted in here saying. Okay! I'm on your side now razz

Okay! I'm on your side now razz

ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:57 pm
Diosu
Someone needs to photoshop this:
(CEO image)

Into this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So basically, make him bald, remove his nose, replace it with snake-like slits, and make him pale with dark veins.

Given that they don't even want us to say his name (yes, I know that's exactly like Voldemort), I'm pretty sure they'll be just as harsh about using his image. You might even get banned by Gaia for posting something like that. cat_neutral  

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:38 am
Herdez
Pwnder

It would be totally different if Lanzer busted in here saying. Okay! I'm on your side now razz

ninja
hey look everyone!!. it's Lanzer, and he's on our side now!
rofl
emotion_brofist  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:05 am
I think that the entirety of the guild really needs to focus in the Site Feedback in specificity. The SF is filled with criticisms towards Gaia, but they are all too isolated from one another such that certain threads regurgitate the same things while other threads with new points of interest do not get the attention they deserve.

Hence, I think a master thread in the SF with our guild's concerns and that remains at the top of the forum should be constructed concisely outlining the annoyances we find with Gaia as well as plausible solutions. We should collect as much logical and factual information as we can and press the staff members who are responsible to ANSWER our queries with legitimacy.

- - -

With regards to plausible solutions to the inflation problem, here is one I just proposed in the Site Feedback:

Link

It is pretty much the exact same idea I made earlier last month in the guild.  

Zandy

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

MistyMary24

Astral Mage

21,825 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Dragon Uprising 75
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:03 am
I want to say thank you first for having this guild and keeping it going. I know just as well how stressful and how much work goes into having a guild and keeping it up and running.

I own two guild and several threads myself and run them on my own basically.

Next like with Madam X, I am still here and willing to help out as much as I can and when I can, the offfer has not changed.

Third I love the holiday contest and hope that for the holidays you do keep some type of event going and contest in it. They are fun and when people actually talk back in the event and quote me I love to get into a chat in them.

Forth The Day of Silence was interesting but I think did more damage than it did good here on gaia. I feel like less people are playing and coming here and it resolved nothing but Gaia Staff coming back at the people with taking Ask the Admin Away. So I would not advise another day like that The next time we try something like this we need to look more into what reactions they will come back at us with.

Fifth I would like to see a list of items that were sold in the cash shop, this way people know what was cash shop and what was holiday events or other events items. This will help each of us know what is and is not cash goods. Helpful for the cause that you have here. Unfortunately I will not be able to help make that list very well cause even I do not know what all came from cash items.

Sixth The main sub-forum here is hard to keep up with and find stuff on. I would suggest moving stuff into the right sub-forums and keep the main forum more for what is going on and a main chat thread. Moving the rest into sub-forums for that category would help find stuff quicker here and would also help with knowing what is going on.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:57 am
>.< I mostly lurk here in the guild but speaking of arenas would making art be a good idea? Like, art that's similar to what the message the avis are trying to give off?  

big moods

Snarky Man-Lover

16,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Hiss of Love 200

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:18 pm
antipanpan
i'm not really sure how to get gaia to change but i'd love to see them put a pricing cap on marketplace items. y'know, set a limit for how much you can sell an item. i think one of the reasons why we have a marketplace inflation is that the gc users just type whatever big number that pops in their head when they put stuff up for sale/auction. i mean seriously, who here has ever played enough to earn 100,000,000 gold?(as in purely playing on gaia and not buying gc stuff)

Someone suggested this idea, and I think it's a very interesting one.

It will refrain users to abuse the MP, selling overpriced items. The same would be applied to Gaia Exchange, because even that place did not escape from the Flynnflation.
It's like a "plague", really.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:01 pm
Pwnder
Moonlight Rose113
I really think the avatars in the arena helped a lot :3

Accalia Darkstorm
we can enter in the arena as a group of pirates (useing gold only items from Barton Boutique) and call for a mutiny of Captain Flynn due to her selling out for gaia cash.

other than that i have no ideas, they really have limited what you can say- as soon as you complain your thread gets removed and to avoid personal contact they got rid of ata so really its not looking good

I'm really glad you feel that way. I had a lot of fun while I entered my avi in the arenas. Revolution:Gaia had an amazing first two rounds with getting 5 in the top 10 the first week and 3 in the top 10 the next week. We started to see some user participation decline in it, but we were meeting with some nasty feed back in our comments, so it was a bit discouraging and we decided to re-evaluate the idea behind it. We will most certainly start up with it again after the holidays are over and I'm thinking that gold only based items can do the trick. I'm still not sure if disabling comments is what I want to do though. I can handle the criticism but I really like hearing from others that approve heart
It really is a decent way to be seen

ive been in and out of the arena a few times. the cosplay arena i find is where you will get most of the criticizing. i wouldn't disable the comments personally, because others might not take you seriously. you have to be open to difference of opinion. I have a guild against online bullies and my members get harassed from time to time because of it- sometimes its better to agree to disagree and try not to engage the nay sayers. thats the best advice i can give about the commenter's.  

Accalia Darkstorm

Witty Wolf

Accalia Darkstorm

Witty Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:04 pm
sassy homosexual
>.< I mostly lurk here in the guild but speaking of arenas would making art be a good idea? Like, art that's similar to what the message the avis are trying to give off?

thats a cool idea- 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:12 pm
CourageNFaith
antipanpan
i'm not really sure how to get gaia to change but i'd love to see them put a pricing cap on marketplace items. y'know, set a limit for how much you can sell an item. i think one of the reasons why we have a marketplace inflation is that the gc users just type whatever big number that pops in their head when they put stuff up for sale/auction. i mean seriously, who here has ever played enough to earn 100,000,000 gold?(as in purely playing on gaia and not buying gc stuff)

It will refrain users to abuse the MP, selling overpriced items. The same would be applied to Gaia Exchange, because even that place did not escape from the Flynnflation.

Sadly, Gaia has stated before that they would never directly control the marketplace. Unfortunately, they have indirectly changed the dynamics of the market place with a certain NPC's body parts. stare I don't think they would do that.

What I do think they should do is increase the tax from .02% to something higher. That way, it would help remove all this excess gold that's floating around.  

Guardian Arlen

Steadfast Guardian

17,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:47 pm
Herdez
Pwnder

ninja

XD HURAAAAAAY!! We win!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:52 pm
CourageNFaith

Or we can use the Arena to show that you don't need a lot of shining items(GC/Verge and so on) to make a good avatar, without resorting to satire/sarcasm/whatever, like I did with my "White and Gold Gentleman" and what I'm doing now with my "Purple Star" avatar.
As long as items match, what's the matter ? Just because mostly of items I'm equipped with are not "shiny" it doesn't necessary mean that my avatar "sucks".

I actually really like this idea.
This would allow us to get creative with using only gold shop items and I don't think the AA regulars could really flame us for it.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:09 pm
Guardian Arlen
CourageNFaith
antipanpan

Sadly, Gaia has stated before that they would never directly control the marketplace. Unfortunately, they have indirectly changed the dynamics of the market place with a certain NPC's body parts. stare I don't think they would do that.

What I do think they should do is increase the tax from .02% to something higher. That way, it would help remove all this excess gold that's floating around.

This is a downer, really. I'd be one of the salvations of this broken economy.

Gaia own staff/leadership suggested this after the mess Flynn did. Uncle Kenny even made a pool asking the community about increasing the tax up to 10%.
It was rejected by the community.because people said that people would do the same as they're doing now: increase the price of all items to compensate the tax.

Below are threads about this topic:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/my-suggestion-about-marketplace-tax/t.88102855/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/flynn-s-booty-inflation-marketplace-tax-threat/t.88157345/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/raise-marketplace-tax-from-2-to-3-percent/t.75310021/  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:13 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
CourageNFaith

Or we can use the Arena to show that you don't need a lot of shining items(GC/Verge and so on) to make a good avatar, without resorting to satire/sarcasm/whatever, like I did with my "White and Gold Gentleman" and what I'm doing now with my "Purple Star" avatar.
As long as items match, what's the matter ? Just because mostly of items I'm equipped with are not "shiny" it doesn't necessary mean that my avatar "sucks".

I actually really like this idea.
This would allow us to get creative with using only gold shop items and I don't think the AA regulars could really flame us for it.

It can be either full gold shop items or half. Either way, it's a fun way to create and show what we got instead of protesting and (I'm sorry by the following expression) "vandalizing", making us come across as "whiners"/"pathetics"/"talentless hacks"/whatever.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

taptothebeat

Super Newb

10,875 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Hesitant Participant 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:39 pm
To get rid of the gold they should do what runescape did, and have people donate their gold, and for every x amount of gold people donate, gaia donates a dollar to charity.  
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff